Recalled/Assigned: JT Miller Recalled; McIlrath, Asham Sent Down

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
McIlrath should play on the wing as an enforcer. Him, Bickel and Falk should be in the lineup every night, because they can protect the other players. Who cares if they makes some mistakes. I would much rather have som bad Plays by an enforcer, than injuries on Our top players.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
McIlrath should play on the wing as an enforcer. Him, Bickel and Falk should be in the lineup every night, because they can protect the other players. Who cares if they makes some mistakes. I would much rather have som bad Plays by an enforcer, than injuries on Our top players.

If only enforcers protected guys. Never see any of the bruins players get run.

Oh wait, the bruins players get run more than anyone else in the league. Maybe they should get rid of all their hockey players and get more fighters. That will fix it

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
If only enforcers protected guys. Never see any of the bruins players get run.

Oh wait, the bruins players get run more than anyone else in the league. Maybe they should get rid of all their hockey players and get more fighters. That will fix it

the canadiens signet Parros because they lacked size. Why? Well because With Parros in the lineup other teams wont go for dirty hits all the time. If You are a player and u know the other team got some of the meanest fighters in the game, do u rly want to play dirty?

Enforcers protect the other players just by being in the lineup. They can also be used against one player on the other team.

And the Bruins abuse other teams all the time. Lucic sent a player through the glass With a gigantic hit. Chara also delivers some insane hits. They dont need enforcers, because they are a big team. The rangers on the other hand is just soft.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Like I said. More players have been suspended for doing some illegal play against the bruins than any other team.

So your entire point is in fact not only wrong, but completely backwards.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The mere fact that AV mentioned he wanted to be a tough team like the Redwings made me cringe.. Now sending down Diesel for no reason when this team lacks everything he brings makes me sick.. Yes he is inexperienced and yes he is learning how to play in the NHL but he is game and has a huge heart .. Dress 7 D if your worried about him that much what would it hurt..

Not being able to play NHL hockey seems like a good reason

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Like I said. More players have been suspended for doing some illegal play against the bruins than any other team.

So your entire point is in fact not only wrong, but completely backwards.

Who cares if Bickel gets suspended. He is not the backbone of this team. If Staal, MDZ, Callahan, Nash and Stepan are injured(longterm), then we wont make the playoffs. So having some enforcers/bigmen on the 4th line dosent hurt. Dorsett is a great guy and i would like to keep him. Boyle is good on faceoffs and PK. Both of them are good 4th liners. Ad an enforcer and it would be Perfect.

BarbaraAlphanse

The mere fact that AV mentioned he wanted to be a tough team like the Redwings made me cringe.. Now sending down Diesel for no reason when this team lacks everything he brings makes me sick.. Yes he is inexperienced and yes he is learning how to play in the NHL but he is game and has a huge heart .. Dress 7 D if your worried about him that much what would it hurt..

Chances we see a dramatic coaching change this offseason. Hire Lavi fire AV?

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Who cares if Bickel gets suspended. He is not the backbone of this team. If Staal, MDZ, Callahan, Nash and Stepan are injured(longterm), then we wont make the playoffs. So having some enforcers/bigmen on the 4th line dosent hurt. Dorsett is a great guy and i would like to keep him. Boyle is good on faceoffs and PK. Both of them are good 4th liners. Ad an enforcer and it would be Perfect.

Having enforcers on the 4th line doesn't help either. It wouldn't have prevented any of the injuries the team has had this season

BarbaraAlphanse

I think all the back and forth business is what's frustrating with this coach. It was frustrating with Torts. Now AV is doing it, and an even more ridiculous rate.

AV complains about team toughness. Asks Sather to call up McI. Then sends him down after 2 games. These call ups/send downs have implications past 2 games. You can't play around with someone like that. It could seriously stunt his growth.

BarbaraAlphanse

If a guy doesn't have the mental fortitude to deal with being sent back down because he isn't good enough then he doesn't have the mental fortitude to be an nhl player.

Simple.

That's not the point. And also, that's way too general to be true.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
That's not the point. And also, that's way too general to be true.

That's exactly the point.

If miller wants to play in the NHL, he needs to play better.

It's that simple. They keep giving him opportunities. He isn't taking them.

I have absolutely no worry about bouncing him back and forth ruining him. Him not taking advantage of the opportunity is a far bigger concern.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Having enforcers on the 4th line doesn't help either. It wouldn't have prevented any of the injuries the team has had this season

I believe it would. And im not talking about only one. Falk got what it takes. Size, heart etc. McIlrath can play on D, but also on wing i believe. Bickel to. We need to make the team bigger, stronger and nastier. Look at it this way

Richards, Zuke, Nash, Stepan, Kreider and Brassard are the ones With talent. Thats 6 players. The rest are braindead crap. Callahan should play on the 3rd line as an hardworking teamplayers. Hagelin got speed and offensive talent. Moore is the guy noone notice. Pou got talent, but dosent use it. Boyle good on PK and in the playoffs. Miller, Kristo etc are just prospects.

Get rid of moore and use powe for the PK. Pyatt should be traded.

I wouldnt mind seeing this lineup

Kreider - Stepan - Zuke
Hagelin - Richards - Nash
McIlrath - Brassard - Callahan
Bickel - Powe - Dorsett

PK Boyle - hagelin
PK 2 Callahan - Powe

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

I have absolutely no worry about bouncing him back and forth ruining him. Him not taking advantage of the opportunity is a far bigger concern.

Right, because no prospect has ever had his confidence crushed by being rushed into an NHL lineup too early.

The ones that come out of that situation and succeed often do so with a new organization. Whether the "clean slate" helps them, or it was a natural progression that simply takes time, the impatient team often does not get a good return on their investment.

BarbaraAlphanse

I don't think so. So much of anyone's success in life has to do with confidence, no matter what they aspire to be.

This back and forth nonsense... not only does it show no vision or direction from the front office... but it hurts JT's confidence. They either need to commit to him being down in the minors for an extended period of time, or live with the mistakes he makes in the NHL.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I don't think so. So much of anyone's success in life has to do with confidence, no matter what they aspire to be.

This back and forth nonsense... not only does it show no vision or direction from the front office... but it hurts JT's confidence. They either need to commit to him being down in the minors for an extended period of time, or live with the mistakes he makes in the NHL.

Not to sound rude, but how do you have any idea what it does to his confidence? It seems like one person said that sending him up and down will ruin him and everyone ran with it. I'm sure there were many players who went through the same crap and turned out to be very good NHL players. Hartford isn't all that far away. I doubt he is bothered by the travel and I doubt he returns to Hartford with his tail between his legs every time.

The NHL is a business and all of these guys know it. He goes where he is needed, when he is needed. Being sent down should only make him want it more and more. Does he want it bad enough?

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
I ****ing hate this organization. Such lazy, short-sighted incompetence.

Whatever, play him at center at least, please....

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I can't say I remember any prospects not reaching their full potential directly because of bumbling management. :sarcasm:

It's not even JT I'm worried about, it's that it seems like management is clueless right now. Indecision is more costly than wrong decisions.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
the kid played in the nhl at 21 yea he sucks.. your just so fast to bury him because he is a tough kid.. this argument is stupid because if you were a gm
neely
Messier
Graves
Domi
Schultz
never would play in NHL and before u bash schultz check his stats in goals and ASST.
and tons of other losers in there first yrs would never have played

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
the kid played in the nhl at 21 yea he sucks.. your just so fast to bury him because he is a tough kid.. this argument is stupid because if you were a gm
neely
Messier
Graves
Domi
Schultz
never would play in NHL and before u bash schultz check his stats in goals and ASST.
and tons of other losers in there first yrs would never have played

I honestly have no idea what this post was supposed to prove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad