Jozef Balej vs. Peter Sejna

Status
Not open for further replies.

degroat*

:lol

I love it. You've got two guys here telling 210 that he's a liar when he's the only one that has seen both play enough in the AHL to even make the comparison.

:banana: :banana:

Sammy*

Stich said:

I love it. You've got two guys here telling 210 that he's a liar when he's the only one that has seen both play enough in the AHL to even make the comparison.

If you take the time to read, I never called him a liar. I just laghed at the fact that he says Sejna got screwed over by not been left in St. Lou (in which he would have no clue) & that he was offensivly ready for the NHL. which is laughable given his production in both Worcester & St. Lou.
Furthurmore, all sorts of people go to games & watch guys play. Many of them dont have a clue either, & they arn't even biased.

degroat*

Sammy said:
If you take the time to read, I never called him a liar. I just laghed at the fact that he says Sejna got screwed over by not been left in St. Lou (in which he would have no clue) & that he was offensivly ready for the NHL. which is laughable given his production in both Worcester & St. Lou.
Furthurmore, all sorts of people go to games & watch guys play. Many of them dont have a clue either, & they arn't even biased.

How is that you have participated in this thread but have retained absolutely nothing that 210 has said? You just claimed that he said that Sejna was screwed by not being left on the Blues when everything he said has pretty clearly stated that he was mishandled by starting the season of in St Louis in the first place.

degroat*

Sammy said:
Well, I could be wrong butI think that Balej did a little better than 5 goals in his last 25 games in the "A", which was Sejnas production.Given that Sejna scored an eye poppin 12 in 59, he really probably never did actually acclimitize as his goal scoring production never really increased.

Who other than you said anything about goal scoring production?

You don't think his production increased? Then perhaps you could explain how or why he scored 17 points in the 18 games that he played in March and April?

Somehow that's really close to Balej's production. Maybe you could explain that too? Maybe it's because you have no damn clue when it comes to Sejna and the people in this thread who have been saying he was a different player after getting adjusted to the AHL just might know more about his situation than you, who despite the fact had no evidence to the contrary called others liars, clueless, and biased?

I bet it sucks to be wrong. Maybe you could explain what it's like some time.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Stich said:

I'm not telling him HE'S wrong at all. When I said "Your comment is wrong", it was for you, in case you missed it. You've been abbrasive and not willing to TALK about this since the beginning. Boo hoo that Sejna is being ragged on a bit. AS WELL HE SHOULD, for not producing at the AHL level.

He was supposed to come in, and set the league on fire. That's what we were fed the whole time from Blues' fans who are basically saying he's the 2nd comming.

Sorry if, for the reason that he hasn't exactly set even the AHL world on fire, that we rag on him a bit.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Stich said:

You don't think his production increased? Then perhaps you could explain how or why he scored 17 points in the 18 games that he played in March and April?

Somehow that's really close to Balej's production. Maybe you could explain that too? Maybe it's because you have no damn clue when it comes to Sejna and the people in this thread who have been saying he was a different player after getting adjusted to the AHL just might know more about his situation than you, who despite the fact had no evidence to the contrary called others liars, clueless, and biased?

Over the course of the WHOLE AHL season, Balej was HEAD AND SHOULDERS above him. Maybe Sejna FINALLY turned it on towards the end of the season, but that does not make a WHOLE season, does it? The end of Balej's season was spent playing his ass off for the Rangers on the 2nd line and potting in some points as well.

I mean, you keep on trying to make it seem like Sejna didn't struggle in the AHL. He DID struggle. And that obviously means he's not ready for the NHL.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Stich said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're trying to make your point about Sejna based on an 18 game stretch when he played well?

All I'm saying is that someone else was making a point about another prospect playing well for that short a period of time I'd bet you would be very sceptical as well.

No one here has said (unless I missed something) that Sejna won't be a solid NHL player. I think that most non-Blues fans point is that the spin control around Sejna's lack of production is a pretty thin excuse. As most people would expect, Sejna obviously had some transition issues from the CHL to the pro's. I think that most people here were just calling "Shenanigans" when certain posters tried to blame Quenville's desire for better defensive play as the sole reason that Sejna got sent down to that AHL.

degroat*

Reveille said:
Over the course of the WHOLE AHL season, Balej was HEAD AND SHOULDERS above him. Maybe Sejna FINALLY turned it on towards the end of the season, but that does not make a WHOLE season, does it? The end of Balej's season was spent playing his ass off for the Rangers on the 2nd line and potting in some points as well.

I mean, you keep on trying to make it seem like Sejna didn't struggle in the AHL. He DID struggle. And that obviously means he's not ready for the NHL.

Sorry if your reading comprehension abilities have failed you today, but not a single person here said that Sejna produced all year. Not a single person said his production was a good as Balej's this year. What I did say was that after getting adjusted to the AHL Sejna's production was on par with Balej's. I was told by TWO people that I was wrong about it. I posted statistical evidence that I was most certainly right about it.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
what's with the assertions earlier in the thread that balej isn't NHL ready while Sejna is?

where is the reasoning behind that? what makes balej less NHL ready? give me a break

i can't make an accurate assessment cuz i haven't seen them both play...but i was impressed with how balej played with the rangers, considering the situation and he's a rookie. he created a lot of chances for himself and others, worked hard...of course he has things to improve on, but i think he showed he can be a real good player with some experience.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Some of you think you know more then you really do.

I saw both players last season.

I know what it took for both players to get where they were then, and where they are now.

Anyone that thinks they can just look at the numbers both players put up and thinks they can make a determination of who they'd rather have is fooling themselves.

And if you don't like that, too bad.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Stich said:
Sorry if your reading comprehension abilities have failed you today, but not a single person here said that Sejna produced all year. Not a single person said his production was a good as Balej's this year. What I did say was that after getting adjusted to the AHL Sejna's production was on par with Balej's. I was told by TWO people that I was wrong about it. I posted statistical evidence that I was most certainly right about it.

And I'm saying he must be REAL NHL ready if it took him a whole year to get adjusted to the AHL. Yeah right.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
210 said:

I know what it took for both players to get where they were then, and where they are now.

Anyone that thinks they can just look at the numbers both players put up and thinks they can make a determination of who they'd rather have is fooling themselves.

As do I. I've seen Sejna in college and in the AHL (though I had seen only 4 of his NHL games, I saw many more of his AHL games). I've seen Balej in juniors and in the AHL. His first year he maybe got 5 to 7 minutes a night on the fourth line. And still managed 20 points (while playing hurt in the beginning of the season as well)!

Anyone in this thread who has argued that Sejna is NHL ready is missing something, IMO. He's a good, solid prospect in my eyes WITH top 2 line potential. I have never bashed him, just the idea that he is NHL ready. He needs at least another year, IMO if he is ever going to cut it.

But people saying he's top 2 line NHL ready are insane. Absolutely insane.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
210 said:

Who the hell are you - Sejna & Balej's fairy godmother or something? The parish priest who hears their confessions?

I haven't seen anyone say strictly based on the numbers that Sejna is going to bust, or that Balej is going to be a stud. All I have seen is posters refuting the idea posted by a Blues fan that Sejna was "ready for the NHL", and that he was polished enough offensively to deserve a roster spot on the Blues.

You coming in and pout about how if people don't agree with you - like that's a loss - is pretty frigging childish. There is no one here who is worried if they have a different opinion about a prospect than you do.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Beukeboom Fan said:
Who the hell are you - Sejna & Balej's fairy godmother or something? The parish priest who hears their confessions?

I haven't seen anyone say strictly based on the numbers that Sejna is going to bust, or that Balej is going to be a stud. All I have seen is posters refuting the idea posted by a Blues fan that Sejna was "ready for the NHL", and that he was polished enough offensively to deserve a roster spot on the Blues.

You coming in and pout about how if people don't agree with you - like that's a loss - is pretty frigging childish. There is no one here who is worried if they have a different opinion about a prospect than you do.

There'd be no sense for having a messageboard if everyone agreed with each other.

I'd suggest you read the thread again...many people replying have said they haven't seen both players play. So in order for them to compare the two all they can really use as a basis of opinion is the other player's stats.

Of course there will be replies saying 'I used more then just stats, I've read a lot about (insert player's name here)...' but let's be honest, how many people spend any amount of time reading about other team's prospects?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Reveille said:
As do I. I've seen Sejna in college and in the AHL (though I had seen only 4 of his NHL games, I saw many more of his AHL games). I've seen Balej in juniors and in the AHL. His first year he maybe got 5 to 7 minutes a night on the fourth line. And still managed 20 points (while playing hurt in the beginning of the season as well)!

Anyone in this thread who has argued that Sejna is NHL ready is missing something, IMO. He's a good, solid prospect in my eyes WITH top 2 line potential. I have never bashed him, just the idea that he is NHL ready. He needs at least another year, IMO if he is ever going to cut it.

Those 4 or 5 NHL games should have been enough to see he didn't belong at that level--heck, just a couple games would have been enough.

Had Sejna started the season in Worcester he would have scored a significant amount more then he did. When he got here he was totally "shell shocked" from his NHL experience and it took awhile for him to really get it going.

I agree that Sejna probably wouldn't be a top-2 LW right now, but next season (presuming there is a "next season") I think that it's a definate possibility.

degroat*

Reveille said:

Care to tell us when and where you say Sejna play in 'many more' than 4 AHL games? Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that you traveled out of Philly to see the Worcester IceCats play.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Stich said:
Care to tell us when and where you say Sejna play in 'many more' than 4 AHL games? Sorry, but I find it hard to believe that you traveled out of Philly to see the Worcester IceCats play.

I have so many friends who live in Boston and in the vicinity (Marlboro, MA). It's only 4 hours away (even less when you know some short cuts) and a nice weekend trip to go up to Boston and either to a Providence game or a Worcester game. And when I went up there, we'd almost ALWAYS go down to watch the Wolfpack play in CT. The whole area is brimming with hockey up there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
210 said:
Those 4 or 5 NHL games should have been enough to see he didn't belong at that level--heck, just a couple games would have been enough.

Had Sejna started the season in Worcester he would have scored a significant amount more then he did. When he got here he was totally "shell shocked" from his NHL experience and it took awhile for him to really get it going.

I agree that Sejna probably wouldn't be a top-2 LW right now, but next season (presuming there is a "next season") I think that it's a definate possibility.

I agree much more with this post then the rest here, claiming that he was somehow outplaying or at least playing to par with Balej. And I'm sure you've seen him more often then some of the people here from St. Louis and what not.

I just really don't see the readiness in him. And I think he'd still be shellshocked. I think at a minimum, he'd need half the season in the AHL to start out. After that, who knows. I just don't see him on the lineup on opening day unless its 2005.

JR#9*

Balej was the most improved player in the AHL last year and he found his confidence that he had throughout his career last year after needed a yr to get adjusted to NA pro hockey.

He is the real deal and will be a solid 2nd line scoring winger.

You can't debate who was the better player last year, especially with the way Balej performed in the clutch come playoff time for the Wolfpack...every time they needed a big goal he was there to provide it.

Sammy*

Geez, the AHL has gotta be packed with offensivly ready NHL forwards, if all of 12 goals in the AHL is all it takes.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Sammy said:
Geez, the AHL has gotta be packed with offensivly ready NHL forwards, if all of 12 goals in the AHL is all it takes.

Okay man, you're done. You refuse to read, please go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension classes and pull your head outta yer arse, seriously. Just go, quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad