Jozef Balej vs. Peter Sejna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy*

SneakerPimp82 said:
Okay man, you're done. You refuse to read, please go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension classes and pull your head outta yer arse, seriously. Just go, quickly.
Great comeback. What other AHL 12 goal scorers are NHL ready, genius? That was one of the initial points about Sejna, he was offensivly ready but his D wasnt up to snuff.
The facts prove the stupidity of that point.
Just go, & quickly please.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
SneakerPimp82 said:
Okay man, you're done. You refuse to read, please go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension classes and pull your head outta yer arse, seriously. Just go, quickly.

"You refuse to read, please go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension classes and pull your head outta yer arse"

:lol: :lol

Quote of the day. In the same sentence he tells a poster to go back to the 3rd grade for "reading comprehension classes", then busts out some "outta yer arse".... :bow: :bow:

genius at work.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
pavel datsyuk said:
"You refuse to read, please go back to 3rd grade reading comprehension classes and pull your head outta yer arse"

:lol: :lol

Quote of the day. In the same sentence he tells a poster to go back to the 3rd grade for "reading comprehension classes", then busts out some "outta yer arse".... :bow: :bow:

genius at work.

Try harder. You might actually surprise yourself.

SneakerPimp82

Apr 5, 2003
Saint Louis, MO
Sammy said:
Great comeback. What other AHL 12 goal scorers are NHL ready, genius? That was one of the initial points about Sejna, he was offensivly ready but his D wasnt up to snuff.
The facts prove the stupidity of that point.
Just go, & quickly please.

And the fact that you refuse to comprehend Sejna scoring 17 points in 18 games underscores the stupidity of your "12 AHL goals" mantra.

Sammy*

SneakerPimp82 said:
And the fact that you refuse to comprehend Sejna scoring 17 points in 18 games underscores the stupidity of your "12 AHL goals" mantra.
Oh, so now I get it. He wasnt NHL ready at the beginning of the season, but he was at the end cause he got 17 points in his last 18 games ( & 5 goals in his last 25).
Is that the point?

degroat*

Sammy said:
Oh, so now I get it. He wasnt NHL ready at the beginning of the season, but he was at the end cause he got 17 points in his last 18 games ( & 5 goals in his last 25).
Is that the point?

I think it's safe to say that nobody is surprised that you missed the point.

The point is that the person that has seen him play in the AHL the most says he's ready for the NHL.

The only reason why anyone posted any statistical evidence is because you, despite the fact that you obviously haven't seen him play 'many more' than 4 times [as you claim], claimed he was wrong and you tried, and failed miserably, to point to his production as evidence that he isn't ready.

Let me sum it up for you: The person that has seen him the most in the AHL says he's ready and Sejna's stats support his claim. In short, you are wrong.

Oh BTW, through less than 2 games Sejna has 4 points.

Sammy*

Stich said:

The point is that the person that has seen him play in the AHL the most says he's ready for the NHL.

The only reason why anyone posted any statistical evidence is because you, despite the fact that you obviously haven't seen him play 'many more' than 4 times [as you claim], claimed he was wrong and you tried, and failed miserably, to point to his production as evidence that he isn't ready.

Let me sum it up for you: The person that has seen him the most in the AHL says he's ready and Sejna's stats support his claim. In short, you are wrong.

Read again. I never said I saw him play.I simply said at the outset that to say he was NHL ready at the beginning of last year (as one of you Sejna apologists stated)l is laughable , given his production in the A over the whole of the year, but particularly at the beginning of the year.One of you apologists then went on to say he was so goood at the end of last year, which somehow shows he was NHL ready at the beginning of the year (another disingenuous point, which the genius also conviniently leaves out his 5 goals in his last 25 games). In fact, it is more supportive of my point.
The fact thast some fanboy has seen a guy play a few times means nothing to me, lots of guys (you maybe?) who watch hockey also have no clue, but this is sadly particularly true when one is talking about their favorite team/player.
The fact that he & you are such fanboys also manifests itself in your illogical arguments.
Try connecting the dots, its really not that tough.

Last edited by a moderator:

degroat*

Sammy said:
Read again. I never said I saw him play.I simply said & the outset that to say he was NHL ready at the beginning of last year (as one of you Sejna apologists stated)l is laughable , given his production in the A over the whole of the year, but particularly at the beginning of the ..One of you apologists then went on to say he was so goood at the end of last year, which somehow shows he was NHL ready at the beginning of the year (another disingenuous point, which the genius also conviniently leaves out his 5 goals in his last 25 games). In fact, it is more supportive of my point.
The fact thast some fanboy has seen a guy play a few times means nothing to me, lots of guys (you maybe?) who watch hockey also have no clue, but this is sadly particularly true when one is talking about their favorite team/player.
The fact that he & you are such fanboys also manifests itself in your illogical arguments.
Try connecting the dots, its really not that tough.

I appologize. I mixed you up with someone else that might have actually seen Sejna play last year. You on the other hand did not even see him play last year.

Now that we've cleared that up, why in the hell are you posting your opinion on a player that you haven't even seen play? Your opinion is worthless.

Let's go over what you've added to this thread:

1. You've commented on a player you haven't even seen play
2. You've claim that 210's opinion is meaningless
3. You claim he's seen him 'a few times' when he saw nearly every game Worcester played at home last year
4. You've claimed him and I are clueless

Let's make that a little more simple for you. You've added:

1. Insults
2. Worthless opinions on players you haven't seen play

Even more simple:

1. NOTHING

If you want to choose not to believe what 210 has said, that's your choice. But, if you're going to claim that my argument is illogical, I'd appreciate it if you either would show me how MY argument is illogical or stop posting in a thread that you've contributed absolutely nothing to.

Oh, and just to keep you up to date, the Worcester game is over and Sejna finished with 4 points... 5 in his first two games.. and 6 shots on goal.

Sammy*

Stich said:
I appologize. I mixed you up with someone else that might have actually seen Sejna play last year. You on the other hand did not even see him play last year.

Now that we've cleared that up, why in the hell are you posting your opinion on a player that you haven't even seen play? Your opinion is worthless.

Let's go over what you've added to this thread:

1. You've commented on a player you haven't even seen play
2. You've claim that 210's opinion is meaningless
3. You claim he's seen him 'a few times' when he saw nearly every game Worcester played at home last year
4. You've claimed him and I are clueless

Let's make that a little more simple for you. You've added:

1. Insults
2. Worthless opinions on players you haven't seen play

Even more simple:

1. NOTHING

If you want to choose not to believe what 210 has said, that's your choice. But, if you're going to claim that my argument is illogical, I'd appreciate it if you either would show me how MY argument is illogical or stop posting in a thread that you've contributed absolutely nothing to.

Oh, and just to keep you up to date, the Worcester game is over and Sejna finished with 4 points... 5 in his first two games.. and 6 shots on goal.
So tell me again how,how in gods name is it logical to use a guys allegedly good production at the end of the year in the AHL to say he was offensivly ready to play in the NHL at the begginning of the year.

degroat*

Why am I not suprised that you have no damn clue what MY argument was. Again: tell me how MY argument is illogical. Thanks.

Bacchus

Nov 11, 2002
Dickes B
Visit site
Stich said:

Just for the record: 210 said he was not NHL ready.

210 said:
Those 4 or 5 NHL games should have been enough to see he didn't belong at that level--heck, just a couple games would have been enough.

Of course, that does not mean he has no potential.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Sammy said:
So tell me again how,how in gods name is it logical to use a guys allegedly good production at the end of the year in the AHL to say he was offensivly ready to play in the NHL at the begginning of the year.

I've not once mentioned his production as a reason I think he's ready...

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Franz said:

For the record, this is what I said about it after he'd been here a month or so:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=6569

Other then the indicating of his stats with the story I don't mention his production at all.

When Sejna got here he was terrible. Once he got his head on straight he started to show why he rated as high as he is.

Sammy*

210 said:
I've not once mentioned his production as a reason I think he's ready...
How I got myself involved in this mess was I took issue with the statement that he was offensivly NHL ready last year. IMO, the numbers in a vastly inferior league bely(sp) that statement.Maybe he was at the end of the year (the initial post was that he was ooffensivly ready at the start of the year), who knows, but 5 goals in his last 25 games suggest otherwise Thats really been my only point.

degroat*

Franz said:

Of course, that does not mean he has no potential.

Just for the record, 210 was talking about last year and everything I have said concerning Sejna being ready about the NHL has been about NOW aka THIS YEAR.

degroat*

Sammy said:
How I got myself involved in this mess was I took issue with the statement that he was offensivly NHL ready last year. IMO, the numbers in a vastly inferior league bely(sp) that statement.Maybe he was at the end of the year (the initial post was that he was ooffensivly ready at the start of the year), who knows, but 5 goals in his last 25 games suggest otherwise Thats really been my only point.

Unfortunately you weren't able to remember who said that he was offensively ready last year. It wasn't me, genius. I said he was ready NOW.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Sammy said:

I don't think he will ever been sniper. He is far more of a playmaker then a sniper. Goal production isn't everything when it comes to offense. :banghead:

He wasn't ready for the NHL last year. Fans jumped on the hype wagon, myself included and created expectations that were not realistic.

Making the jump from college and major Jr to the NHL is extremely difficult. I don't care what you age is, 23, 22, it is a massive change. The games speed is increased, all of the extra moves you could make in college and JR. get closed down quickly. Watching Sejna play in the NHL last year, he was trying to do too much. Making that extra move.

Sending Sejna to the AHL was the best thing the Blues could have done w/ him and should have been done from the get go. Just because he had to get 1 year experience in the AHL doesn't make him a failure, shoot most prospects get one year atleast in the AHL. Why should he be any different.

degroat*

Isn't it funny how only 5 goals in his last 25 games is meaningful but having nearly a PPG in the last 18 games isn't? :lol

Sammy*

Stich said:
Unfortunately you weren't able to remember who said that he was offensively ready last year. It wasn't me, genius. I said he was ready NOW.
Then perhaps you should have made it clear when you were taking issue with my commentary,which was about him being offensivly ready last year, genius.

slimer

Jul 8, 2003
slimer said:
Friday, Oct. 22 the Wolfpack plays the Icecats. I would be interested in reading someones review of these two players after this game. From what I've heard about how Sejna has looked this year, I wouldn't be surprised if opinions change after watching them in the same game.

Well, did anyone go to the game?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
i listened to it...

sounded like they both had some chances and created some stuff, but the pack was on the PK for most of the damn game so there were stretches i didn't hear much of balej.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->