Recalled/Assigned: Joshua Roy called up from Laval

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Was sure, that I read that they would not be bringing him up.................but here we are.......showcase for a trade??
Or just a pro cup of coffee, and a return back down?
I really hope they don't trade one of the only forward prospects we have it would be pretty out of touch with the reality of this team

Reactions: iamtalbot

Prendan Brust

Jul 31, 2003
Québec
I’m curious to see how that unfolds. They had a few call ups where they gauged very well how ready the guy was (rhp, Struble, Caufield) but they had many underwhelming call ups as well, Barron being one I feel could still use some time in the AHL.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
When’s the last time, barring Caufield and his circumstances, that we had a top 6 worthy F player to bring up from Laval?

I’m thinking Gallagher…. No way right?

Reactions: iamtalbot

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Was sure, that I read that they would not be bringing him up.................but here we are.......showcase for a trade??
Or just a pro cup of coffee, and a return back down?

They had said that they wanted him to continue to work on his game in Laval, which is why he wasn't called up earlier in the season. But they never said he will stay in Laval no matter what. Also, Roy is absolutely not being showcased for a trade.

His cup of coffee will last for as long as Anderson is out. For what it's worth, Laval is playing this afternoon, but their next game is next Friday.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I didn’t realize Anderson was hurt. guess it makes sense now to call someone up, but i still disagree on Roy. let him excel in Laval.
on another note, this is one reason they need star players. to carry the team when guys go down.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Overreact much? They can just send him back down where he can just be even better. Jesus Christ
It’s not an over reaction. It’s the same old crap. Calling up players before they’re ready, playing low minutes, instead of letting them excel and develop their game in Laval. They aren’t competing. They’re a bottom 10 team.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It’s not an over reaction. It’s the same old crap. Calling up players before they’re ready, playing low minutes, instead of letting them excel and develop their game in Laval. They aren’t competing. They’re a bottom 10 team.
Every teams give a few games a year to their top prospects ready or not. There's nothing to see here and you are 200% overreacting. It's a good thing to give your prospects a few games so they know what they have to improve. Roy was always going to play between 10 and 20 games and this is perfectly fine and actually the right thing to do.

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
Every teams give a few games a year to their top prospects ready or not. There's nothing to see here and you are 200% overreacting. It's a good thing to give your prospects a few games so they know what they have to improve. Roy was always going to play between 10 and 20 games and this is perfectly fine and actually the right thing to do.

It’s also mid January. They’re assessing what they have, and what they don’t. Is Roy a future fixture for the Top 6/Top 9? Is he a stopgap, is drafting LWs enough for the future or should we be looking at a trade for an older prospect if we wanna compete in two seasons (according to “the Plan”)?

Both the player development and the management angles are important here. And the club needs a body. So it makes sense, no panic to be had. He’ll be back in Laval soon enough.

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Alot of crazy things written here before it was known that Anderson would not play. Roy deserves this call up. He won't stay, but it will be good for him to get a sense of what is a real NHL game. Roy, Mailloux and Xhekaj are the three future impact players for the Habs that were in Laval. So again, Roy deserves this call up. It's up to him to show he deserves to stay. If so they will make room for him, we saw it with Struble. That being said, I don't think Roy is fully ready, unless playing with better players would help him look better. He improved his skating, he is now fast enough, but he needs to be more dynamic on the ice, skate more and slide less.

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Actually, both he and Suzy are puck wizards, have great vision and play at a similar pace. It’s stupid to give him such duties already, but Roy-Suzy-Slaf would stylistically work. Less predictable of a line, shot duties would be better spread.
Yeah but ok, so to my original point I forgot to mention? He only fits on the first line?

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Will wear #89 instead of 97.

1705174359919.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad