Recalled/Assigned: Joshua Roy called up from Laval

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Two things.
We haven't made a roster move that would indicate he is not going to continue his development in the AHL.
We also don't have a clue how Roy will measure up to NHL speed.

I think we know he's smart enough but a lot of his strengths will have to come to the fore to offset his weaknesses.

It’ll definitely be nice to see how he stacks up right now, he has all the pieces to be a successful player with the biggest thing holding him back as you mentioned being his speed.

Hopefully he does well and if he doesn’t they don’t leave him up here to struggle for a prolonged period.

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
MSL must see very little upside in Ylonen's game.
We'll see. It is true that Armia and Riy played well in Laval together. Also, MSL has wanted to try RHP and Gallagher together for a while.

I see big upside in Ylonen's game. And it seems Ylonen is now taking each demotion as a chip to put on his shoulder. I like the aggressiveness he's playing with. I can't wait to see his next game in the top 9.

No body has synergy with Evans or Gally. Lol
Ylonen was good with them as a fourth line last year.

Reactions: HabbyGuy and Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I suspect those two bottom lines won't strike fear in the hearts of any opponent. If they are playing against McDavid, this could get embarrassing.
Definitely not and most of those players except for Gallagher should be the low hanging fruits in terms of upgrade possibilities when the time comes.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Can't you imagine the the medical staff screwing up on this, oufff
It could simply be some swelling they are waiting on.
Anderson isn't known as a player who has a high pain threshold.
So I doubt he would have come back if he felt his knee was seriously damaged.

Reactions: morhilane

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
MSL must see very little upside in Ylonen's game.
Unfortunately
Because of bergevin locking us to Gallagher, Anderson and Armia for decades

Ylonen never really had a shot unless they evaporated somehow..

So now it may look like "ahh ylonen never had it" but I look at it more as, because of certain circumstances, any REAL chance he ever had is practically stymied before it ever had a shot

Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Hopefully his career path will follow that of Pierre Lambert from the series E Shoots E Scores.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Unfortunately

So now it may look like "ahh ylonen never had it" but I look at it more as, because of certain circumstances, any REAL chance he ever had is practically stymied before it ever had a shot
I don't expect him back next year, one of those players who needs a fresh start elsewhere

Reactions: Redux91

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Unfortunately

He had one shift with Suzuki and Slaf...
ONE
Oh and they scored on it.

FME why aren't we trying shit when we are so shit.
This is one of my main and only gripes.
How the hell do we allow ourselves to remain so stagnant for so long

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Armia is the good, the bad and the ugly. All wrapped in one individual.

Unfortunately he's also like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.
It's very obvious when he's on and it's up to the coach to play him higher up when he is.
Just my take.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
With Newhook potentially due back 3rd week of February and the trade deadline March 8th, Newhook should have couple of weeks on the counter finding his NHL legs.

My guess is that he fills in as 2nd line C to round out the year once Mono-Hab is finally traded.

C-line to end the season:

Suzuki - Newhook- Evans - Stephens (I just puked a little)

Next year, not sure Dvorak is still with us if Beck has a good camp. Newhook becomes depth at 3rd C as wellie Beck isn't ready.

The problem still remains top-6 wingers (of which I'm not convinced Newhook is one either) with Slafkovsky and Caufield the only bonafide options for now( even if they are still developing).

Even if Montreal lands a Cayden Lindstrom, or a Brandsegg-Nygard at the 2024 draft, I don't expect them in the NHL immediately, and much less as impact players right off the bat.

You'd have to hope Newhook and Roy can keep progressing as stop-gap, top-6/9 wingers and that Beck makes the team out of training camp to take away pressure off of using Newhook as 3rd line C?

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Newhook - Dach - RoyAnderson
Heineman - Beck - Anderson/Roy
RHP - Evans - Gallagher

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
It could simply be some swelling they are waiting on.
Anderson isn't known as a player who has a high pain threshold.
So I doubt he would have come back if he felt his knee was seriously damaged.
He might have felt ok skating, but after the back-to-back it swelled up without necessarily being painful. And since Anderson is pretty much an hypochondriac (he takes his body health seriously since injuries derailed his early career), he asked to sit.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He might have felt ok skating, but after the back-to-back it swelled up without necessarily being painful. And since Anderson is pretty much an hypochondriac (he takes his body health seriously since injuries derailed his early career), he asked to sit.
I won't be concerned until he starts sitting out for "non covid like" symptoms. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: morhilane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad