Value of: Josh Manson

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Yeah, who the hell does Josh Manson think he is slashing THE Connor Bedard like that??

Bedard should be able to go out and slash + cross-check whoever the hell he feels like - whenever the hell he feels like and certainly not be subject to ANY kind of repercussions at all.
oh yea cause that's what happened. Bedard did NOTHING to warrant any sort of retaliation, let alone a targeted cheap shot to the hand that could easily break a bone.

Only person in that exchange who is looking to slash people with no repercussions is the panzy ass fake tough guy who was too scared to take the ice vs the Hawks a week later.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
oh yea cause that's what happened. Bedard did NOTHING to warrant any sort of retaliation, let alone a targeted cheap shot to the hand that could easily break a bone.

Only person in that exchange who is looking to slash people with no repercussions is the panzy ass fake tough guy who was too scared to take the ice vs the Hawks a week later.
Lol watch the games... Bedard was out there doing plenty of slashing/cross-checking before that happened...

Agree with you that it could have caused an injury but it was certainly not targeted. How many times does stuff like that happen in every single hockey game?? Happens practically every night.

Bedard has since said himself it was a nothing play - but by all means, don't let it go :laugh:

Reactions: Frobbo

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I don’t remember anything about Canada, but I know he nixed a trade to Winnipeg
He's just been a name of interest for Toronto for basically the last decade and I know Edmonton was interested (plus had dad on the bench) so I thought he might have been a guy with a No-Canada-Clause

CanMerc

#FIRECHEVY
Dec 7, 2023
He's just been a name of interest for Toronto for basically the last decade and I know Edmonton was interested (plus had dad on the bench) so I thought he might have been a guy with a No-Canada-Clause
It’s very possible

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
thanks, appreciate the comments. The slash on Bedard was definitely bush league and can only be looked at as an intent to injure. Personally, I think he should've been suspended for it. He knew exactly what he was doing. It was well behind the play, Bedard was oblivious to it coming and it could've easily led to a broken bone. The kid is barely 18 and Manson is 32, almost twice his age.

Honestly, besides a suspension he should've been arrested for child abuse.

Man this is an embarrassing post.

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Lol watch the games... Bedard was out there doing plenty of slashing/cross-checking before that happened...

Agree with you that it could have caused an injury but it was certainly not targeted. How many times does stuff like that happen in every single hockey game?? Happens practically every night.

Bedard has since said himself it was a nothing play - but by all means, don't let it go :laugh:

First paragraph is a blatant lie.

Second paragraph is either a blatant lie or you're just extremely ignorant to the game of hockey. Only such a person could look at the play and say that Manson wasn't targeting Bedard's wrist. Only such a person could say that such plays happen every single hockey game.

Gonna need to see a link to Bedard saying it was a nothing play. Based on your other comments you can't blame me for doubting your veracity.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I mean. The Avs only area of strength in their pipeline is LHD with Gulyayev and Behrens... but Gulayev is a few years away so I see your point for next year anyway.

Avs should replace Manson with a cheaper bottom pair guy next year on a one year, cup chasing type deal. Reallocate the dollars to Walker, whom looks like a better fit than Josh.

Colton and Wood have been fine, but I suspect the Avs will explore moving one or both this summer.
Uh...? Ritchie?

Reactions: Mac Attack

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
First paragraph is a blatant lie.

Second paragraph is either a blatant lie or you're just extremely ignorant to the game of hockey. Only such a person could look at the play and say that Manson wasn't targeting Bedard's wrist. Only such a person could say that such plays happen every single hockey game.

Gonna need to see a link to Bedard saying it was a nothing play. Based on your other comments you can't blame me for doubting your veracity.
Ok superstar :

I'd dig up the game too but what's the point? Apparently, I'm extremely ignorant and a big time liar.

1710964593376.png

shakes the clown

Jan 11, 2010
Chicago
Ok superstar :

I'd dig up the game too but what's the point? Apparently, I'm extremely ignorant and a big time liar.

View attachment 838953
that's what I'd expect Bedard to say. he's not going to start a war through the press. His teammates I'm sure felt differently and were looking forward to getting payback a week later, but someone was too scared to show up.

• Haha
Reactions: VikingAv

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Did anyone on Chicago even have the balls to challenge Manson? Probably wise not to do so:
Desharnais fought him and injured his hand punching him. I don't understand what you are getting at? Manson arguably lost a hugfest against Desharnais. lol

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Uh...? Ritchie?
It’s just one player but sure. We have one great C in the pipeline.

Gulyayev is same level prospect as Ritchie IMO. Gulyayev is playing a middle pair role and minutes in the KHL playoffs on one of the best KHL teams as an 18 year old. That’s pretty much unheard of in this league. He’s being developed at a lightening pace.

Dude played 25 minutes in game 1 of the second round.

• Haha
Reactions: Pierce Hawthorne

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It’s just one player but sure. We have one great C in the pipeline.

Gulyayev is same level prospect as Ritchie IMO. Gulyayev is playing a middle pair role and minutes in the KHL playoffs on one of the best KHL teams as an 18 year old. That’s pretty much unheard of in this league. He’s being developed at a lightening pace.

Dude played 25 minutes in game 1 of the second round.
But he is a pretty important one. And that LHD prospect strength you are talking about is only one more player. I just think it was weird you omitted him.

Frobbo

Feb 21, 2008
Unless it's crucial for cap reasons I would keep him. He's the only physical dman they have. I think you need a mix back there. When he is healthy he is a beast

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Lol, such undervaluing. Avs should go the Penguins route and get prospects on the cusp of becoming NHLers with potential.
The point is the cap space. Avs can do better with $4.5mm than Josh Manson.

Other teams can’t. He’d be a top 4 guy on a lot of NhL teams.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
I'm keeping Manson if I'm MacFarland. It's a bit risky with his injury history but as others have said he's too unique to the defensive core.

Instead I trade Girard and try to get a cheap LHD replacement, Then sign a guy like Edmundson to pair with Malinski on the bottom pair. As much as I'd want to re-sign Walker, I just don't think they have the cap space and he'll likely want to cash in on his last big contract.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad