de haan-pulock

Or maybe:
pp1:
Lee-Tavares-JHS
Leddy-Pulock

pp2:
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
deHaan-Boychuk

Nelson can rotate in sometimes (especially early in the season for Barzal), but he just never really does it for me on the PP thus far even though his shot should make him more dangerous. In fact, our 2nd unit has just been putrid.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
Eberle has a better shot though. Leddy is good at zone entries, I would decide between one of them, let Ho-Sang play the point.

the problem with leddy is once he enters the zone he doesnt have much creativity and his ''next move'' is easily predicted by the opposition PK.

the isles still lack that pure offensive minded d-man

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Or maybe:
pp1:
Lee-Tavares-JHS
Leddy-Pulock

pp2:
Ladd-Barzal-Eberle
deHaan-Boychuk

Nelson can rotate in sometimes (especially early in the season for Barzal), but he just never really does it for me on the PP thus far even though his shot should make him more dangerous. In fact, our 2nd unit has just been putrid.

that #1 PP has a good look to it

JHS on the right boards plus zone entry, JT on the other side and Lee in the middle

Puluck bombing it from the point with Leddy doing whatever is needed to stay on the #1 PP.

Eberle wont be happy but if JHS is inconsistent than slide Eberle up

to complex it even more, if Barzal expedites his learning learning curve and is deemed ready sooner than later then the Isles will have a tough decision on who plays the right boards....(JHS, Barzal or Eberle) Barzal's strenghs from what I understand are zone entry and play making from that side on the PP...Not a bad problem to have if all the stars align

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
How does Barzal get into a conversation about being on the PP at all? He still has to win a spot in the lineup. And then get acclimated to the league. Way too much Barzal hype on this board. Let's see his game in the NHL before he's slotted into #2 C. Eberle has proven success in the NHL. It's truly an easy call. The only one who could f*** that up is Jack Capuano.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Via Staples' twitter account: "Josh Ho-Sang on practice at NYCB Live, aka the Coliseum: "I'm just glad they took out the stairs." #Isles"

Such a good response. :laugh:

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
How does Barzal get into a conversation about being on the PP at all? He still has to win a spot in the lineup. And then get acclimated to the league. Way too much Barzal hype on this board. Let's see his game in the NHL before he's slotted into #2 C. Eberle has proven success in the NHL. It's truly an easy call. The only one who could f*** that up is Jack Capuano.

The PP is probably the easiest place for Barzal to play if he sticks with the big club. He can be creative, has more room to work, and doesn't really have to worry about defense.

Local290

Jun 28, 2016

Remember, it was Barzal who made the team out of camp last year. Not JHS. He just wasn't given a shot. If he was able to be called up, he would have been first. Then everybody would be saying, let Ho Sang learn more in Bridgeport because we wouldn't have seen him get a regular shift in the NHL and realize he is ready. I think Barzal will show the same and we will have 2 gems.

Jack Capuano did f that one up.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Remember, it was Barzal who made the team out of camp last year. Not JHS. He just wasn't given a shot. If he was able to be called up, he would have been first. Then everybody would be saying, let Ho Sang learn more in Bridgeport because we wouldn't have seen him get a regular shift in the NHL and realize he is ready. I think Barzal will show the same and we will have 2 gems.

Jack Capuano did f that one up.

He F a lot of them up.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009

Are you advocating for him to PK and play the 4th line?

He's a skill player, he either is in the top 6 with 2nd PP time, or he's in the AHL on the 1st line and 1st PP. The posters putting him there are assuming he makes the team. If he does, he'll get PP time and probably 2C.

Not sure what you are expecting the Isles to do with Barzal other than those scenarios.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
Are you advocating for him to PK and play the 4th line?

He's a skill player, he either is in the top 6 with 2nd PP time, or he's in the AHL on the 1st line and 1st PP. The posters putting him there are assuming he makes the team. If he does, he'll get PP time and probably 2C.

Not sure what you are expecting the Isles to do with Barzal other than those scenarios.

He couldn't beat-out AB for the roster spot last season; but this season he's gonna be a 2C and take the NHL by storm. Yes, absolutely, because he's a 'skill player'. I hope you're right.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
He couldn't beat-out AB for the roster spot last season; but this season he's gonna be a 2C and take the NHL by storm. Yes, absolutely, because he's a 'skill player'. I hope you're right.

I agree it seems like a long shot Barzal is on the opening night roster, however TBF the poster is saying IF Barzal makes the team. And I agree with the poster that IF he makes the team it's going to be in the top 9, most likely top six and he'll get some PP time.

Goombha

Raging Ryan
Aug 27, 2013
I agree it seems like a long shot Barzal is on the opening night roster, however TBF the poster is saying IF Barzal makes the team. And I agree with the poster that IF he makes the team it's going to be in the top 9, most likely top six and he'll get some PP time.

That's fair. Although IMO he doesn't belong at 2C (yet), I do realize the talent/experience doesn't run too deep. After Lee-JT-Eberle, it's probably Ladd-XX-Bailey, Nelson-XX-JHS. Since they didn't sign a legit 2C as they should have, the options are truly limited.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com

GTislanders

Jan 9, 2014
With the right coaching, this kid is a star. He needs to shoot more but his ability with the puck is insane. Hes going to be an electrifying player for a long time.

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
He reminds me quite a bit of the last great RW this team had: Ziggy Palffy. Was picked around the same spot too.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Isles wouldn't have a shooter on the point on the top PP unit with that setup. They wouldn't be much of a threat to score from long range, which makes their PP predictable (PK can just protect in-close). Leddy doesn't exactly have a canon and Ho-Sang's more about the pass.

My opinion is that all these guys need to shoot more when they have the opportunity instead of constantly trying to make the perfect pass. They don't need to have the greatest shot. With all these weapons someone is going to be open and from the top of the circle in when there is an opening, shoot the puck and crash the net.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Isles wouldn't have a shooter on the point on the top PP unit with that setup. They wouldn't be much of a threat to score from long range, which makes their PP predictable (PK can just protect in-close). Leddy doesn't exactly have a canon and Ho-Sang's more about the pass.

I know it's probably not going to be the norm for Ho-Sang's career, but I can't help to laugh reading your comment and then flashing back to his first NHL goal (a seeing eye PP shot from the point)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad