Injury Report: Josh Harding Injured (9/16)

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Harding has been placed on IR.

msxvBbS.jpg

http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=696674&navid=DL|MIN|home

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
everyone back to the ledge

but seriously, this looks very well prepared by the wild. I wonder if it was planned to help take advantage of the extra christmas break?

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
This has the appearance of a medication change. There have been some new ms treatments that were approved over the past year but do requiring monitoring when first starting them. I'm excited for him if that is the case, he is likely going from daily injections to an oral if it is a medication change.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
everyone back to the ledge

but seriously, this looks very well prepared by the wild. I wonder if it was planned to help take advantage of the extra christmas break?

It has been about a year since he started his treatments. I'm sure this is his annual follow-up and they'll probably tweak his regiment appropriately.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Panicked at first thinking he must be really hurt if he's on the IR. But it sounds like they have planned for this and have it under control. He says he feels great, so fingers crossed that it stays that way.

Honestly, he could use the break. We're playing some tough teams, so Backs should look at this as a chance to make a statement that he's still ready to fight for the top spot.

Billy Mays Here*

Yep, thought he was injured at first but find out it's just having to do with his MS treatment. Nothing to worry about, move along now. Guy has earned a good rest anyway.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Health is more important than a game. Hope everything goes as well as possible and he can return to being the best goalie in the game against Winnipeg!

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I was a little worried at first but since this seems like a premeditated action by both Harding and the team, I'm not concerned anymore.

Hards just needs to rest up and spend some good time with his family over the next week and be ready for Winnipeg on 12/27.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Glad it's just a planned adjustment and that he's feeling fine. The time off and extra few days should be very good for him. I'm a little worried about Backstrom and the minor leaguers, but Harding's health is much more important.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Love that it was planned. He has been amazing. His health is the priority of course, both on and especially off the ice.

Yes, admittedly, I am slightly concerned about our goalie situation until our stud, Harding, gets back in the line up.

Screaming Buffalo

Oct 19, 2010
MN
I really like this move. Smart by the team and great for Harding.

He deserves some time off and obviously the changes/follow-up is necessary.

I still always worry for him and his condition getting worse.

All the best, Josh! Enjoy the holidays..

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
This has the appearance of a medication change. There have been some new ms treatments that were approved over the past year but do requiring monitoring when first starting them. I'm excited for him if that is the case, he is likely going from daily injections to an oral if it is a medication change.

Good info. Thank you.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Sorry for making everybody panic not putting medication change in the title -- thanks Jarick for updating.

walloftvs

Mar 8, 2010
Minnesota

He may or may not be switching to Tecfidera; we simply don't know. I see the same set of neuros and they are getting more and more skeptical about the drug regarding it's safety.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad