Nov 30, 2012
Toronto
The main board is driving me crazy.

In two days people have said
-Brook is an average skater and bad defensively
-Brook is closer to Samurokov than Bouchard
-McIsaac is better than Brook

****ing ridiculous.

Shades of when Subban was worse than Del Zotto and Luke Schenn.

They be jealous/hate the Habs.

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Did you know team Canada tried him at LD in the WJC? They had more RD depth vs LD depth and wanted Brook to play a top 4D role :sarcasm:
He is a dominant / older player at the junior level it easier to make the move in a short tournament. He won't Be a dominant player in the NHL as a rookie playing him on the left to start is career won’t help out...

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Anyone know if Brook will be as fast as Mete at the NHL level?
Not sure that he will be as fast as mete. Speed is the main asset of mete. Always first on the puck in his own zone. And able to keep a good gap. Never he will be faint by another player. Brook main quality is his first pass. He lead the offensive too. But probably less fast than mete. Josh brook is our next john carlsson. Im pretty sure. This guy produce too much since he is in the whl.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Not sure that he will be as fast as mete. Speed is the main asset of mete. Always first on the puck in his own zone. And able to keep a good gap. Never he will be faint by another player. Brook main quality is his first pass. He lead the offensive too. But probably less fast than mete. Josh brook is our next john carlsson. Im pretty sure. This guy produce too much since he is in the whl.

We really need a pp qb...

Every time i see Brook he's the fastest guy on the ice, but more of an effortless skater, a ka niedermayer or coffee (not saying he's that good of course). Whereas Mete is more a guy who winds himself up like subban and dumba, (and Romanov?)

I think we'll soon have three fantastic skaters on the back end (mete, brook, and romanov.) If only Rielly could get a clue.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

From what I have seen with Brook is his skating edge work is very good and this works well with his size. He has ability to escape pressure which is key. But Mete is an elite level skater so Brook will have a hard time catching him in any foot race.

Reactions: montreal

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec

Every time i see Brook he's the fastest guy on the ice, but more of an effortless skater, a ka niedermayer or coffee (not saying he's that good of course). Whereas Mete is more a guy who winds himself up like subban and dumba, (and Romanov?)

I think we'll soon have three fantastic skaters on the back end (mete, brook, and romanov.) If only Rielly could get a clue.

Rielly is done here, move on.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

If he was he'd be a #1 without question imo. Brook's skating is quite good but jeez, not dumping on you personally, do people not realize what we could possibly have with Mete?

I've said it a million times but had Mete stayed in junior his last year (instead of making the freaking NHL) he would've been D man of the year likely in the OHL and people would be salivating over him. Just like this year had he played in Laval, he would've done way better than Fleury, whom most are quite pleased with, and again people would be excited. But of course he has to do better than that and play on a top pairing as a 20 year old and then you just get a bunch of relativistic talk about who he's playing with and how crappy our D corps is and they completely miss the point.

Mete is easily our most underrated young player that verges on being a prospect had he not completely over performed in the last 2 years. If you put a gun to my head I'd say Brook will be the better player but to me that is not written in stone and that's no slight on Brook at all. Mete has a ton of room to improve. How many D men have hit their peak at 20ish? He could really be something special without stretching your imagination that far and everyone's so ho hum about him. I really don't get it.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
The main board is driving me crazy.

In two days people have said
-Brook is an average skater and bad defensively
-Brook is closer to Samurokov than Bouchard
-McIsaac is better than Brook

****ing ridiculous.

Shades of when Subban was worse than Del Zotto and Luke Schenn.

That point is fine with me. I'd rather have a prospect like Samurokov than Bouchard :laugh:

The other points are just Pejorative Slured.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think Mete is in the top-10 of fastest skating dmen in the league. Brook is no where close to him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think Mete is in the top-10 of fastest skating dmen in the league. Brook is no where close to him.

I wouldn't say no where close, as Brook has impressive skating, speed, mobility, just not at the level of Mete. I don't think he's that far off though, but it could come down to semantics.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If he was he'd be a #1 without question imo. Brook's skating is quite good but jeez, not dumping on you personally, do people not realize what we could possibly have with Mete?

I've said it a million times but had Mete stayed in junior his last year (instead of making the freaking NHL) he would've been D man of the year likely in the OHL and people would be salivating over him. Just like this year had he played in Laval, he would've done way better than Fleury, whom most are quite pleased with, and again people would be excited. But of course he has to do better than that and play on a top pairing as a 20 year old and then you just get a bunch of relativistic talk about who he's playing with and how crappy our D corps is and they completely miss the point.

Mete is easily our most underrated young player that verges on being a prospect had he not completely over performed in the last 2 years. If you put a gun to my head I'd say Brook will be the better player but to me that is not written in stone and that's no slight on Brook at all. Mete has a ton of room to improve. How many D men have hit their peak at 20ish? He could really be something special without stretching your imagination that far and everyone's so ho hum about him. I really don't get it.

Definitely. It's a case of lack of patience.

I really good skaters who play fearlessly, so I've always been high on Mete.

2 question marks remain:
1. did we affect his developmental path by playing him in the NHL so soon? He himself admitted he learned so much playing 20 minutes a night in his short stint in Laval earlier this year.
2. How much offense will he have at the NHL level? He's starting to create more on the rush and from the point. But, he looks unsure what to do when he gets into a good position. Hopefully he will become more comfortable.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

I agree. Hes looked so damn good lately, like number one D good. Hes all over the ice. People forget hes 20.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Definitely. It's a case of lack of patience.

I really good skaters who play fearlessly, so I've always been high on Mete.

2 question marks remain:
1. did we affect his developmental path by playing him in the NHL so soon? He himself admitted he learned so much playing 20 minutes a night in his short stint in Laval earlier this year.
2. How much offense will he have at the NHL level? He's starting to create more on the rush and from the point. But, he looks unsure what to do when he gets into a good position. Hopefully he will become more comfortable.

A couple things I think
1) No better learning opportunity in the worth than playing and travelling with Weber. He's getting monster NHL minutes to develop.
2) He's young enough yet that he can still do stings in the AHL next year to help fix any holes in his game that may be revealed

I don't think the Habs made a bad decision no, I think it's been a great learning opportunity

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

Reilly is a very good skater with surprising moves, it's the IQ imo that lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00