Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Brook's team loses in the 1st round, do you think he gets called up to the Habs? Of course Julien would never play him anyways so there is no point. I would love to see him have a chance though.

Reactions: Tyson

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If Brook's team loses in the 1st round, do you think he gets called up to the Habs? Of course Julien would never play him anyways so there is no point. I would love to see him have a chance though.

I'd let him practice with the team. Wouldn't make him play a game since we would have to protect him at the expension draft.

Reactions: Habs Icing

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'd rather Brook stayed away from the main team until it's dinosaur head coach and GM are hit by the asteroid that destroyed the rest of their species.

Reactions: cphabs

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

Brook has zero competitive pro games under his belt. Zero. Will MB and Julien take the risk in the middle of a playoff race? Gee that must be a tough call.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I don't see it. Even if he got eliminated this week, it would only allow him six games max. in Laval before their season ends. Playing in Montreal at this time won't happen.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tampa is playing Sergachev on the RD side with Hedman. They are ruining his development just like we would if we experimented with Brook on the LD side with Petry :sarcasm:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Tampa is playing Sergachev on the RD side with Hedman. They are ruining his development just like we would if we experimented with Brook on the LD side with Petry :sarcasm:

Experimenting with Sergachev at RD after 150+ games in the NHL by playing him offside with arguably best LD in the NHL is totally similar to putting Brook at LD with Petry without having him learn the pro game first in his natural side.

Reactions: cphabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Experimenting with Sergachev at RD after 150+ games in the NHL by playing him offside with arguably best LD in the NHL is totally similar to putting Brook at LD with Petry without having him learn the pro game first in his natural side.

Habs tried Sergachev on the RD side and moved Petry to the LD side for a pre season game in 2016. This is the type of experimentation I am talking about. Did this ruin Sergachev? NO. So it's not going to ruin Brook who also has experience playing on the opposite side. He even did this for team Canada at the WJC

You can also try it in practice and in scrimmages too before you try it in pre-season. Why not try it? Cause people think this ruins players development? Come on man. That's why practice, scrimmages, and pre-season is for. To experiment with different options

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs tried Sergachev on the RD side and moved Petry to the LD side for a pre season game in 2016. This is the type of experimentation I am talking about. Did this ruin Sergachev? NO. So it's not going to ruin Brook who also has experience playing on the opposite side. He even did this for team Canada at the WJC

So you want to try Brook on Petry's left for a preseason game and return him to his natural position? Got no issues with that.

Reactions: Vachon23

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So you want to try Brook on Petry's left for a preseason game and return him to his natural position? Got no issues with that.

All depends on how Brook can handle things at the pro level. He looked fine playing LD in the WJC and this is the best 18/19 year olds in the world. That's what practice, scrimmages, and pre-season is for. You get to experiment with different options and this is not a massive stretch... Brook has experience playing LD side.

John B

Nov 19, 2016
For the record, Sergachev played RD quite a bit in junior. Despite the fact that he is left handed, he is more comfortable on the right side (according to interviews with the local paper). I'm from the Windsor area and caught some games (live and on tv). He was rarely on the left side. It's a position he was very familiar with before he came to the NHL. It's probably why Tampa is using him on the right side.

As far as trying Brook on the left side. I have no real opinion. I just want him to hit his ceiling and I don't care how that happens (RD/LD doesn't matter to me as long as he hits his ceiling).

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
its probably 2x more LHD around the league then RHD. Thats the reason why theres alot of LHD that can play on they off side or that have played on their off side their entire career. Thats why LHD are way more fluid on their off side then RHD. So the comparative with Sergachev isnt really a valid argument for me to play brook on his off side. I personally wouldnt play Brook on his off side at his first pro season. Its a good way to mess with a player progression.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Bravo!

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Maybe it’s because Sergachev isn’t anything special. Just maybe. Looks like a different version of Beaulieu with a good shot. 3rd pairing, fringe 2nd pairing ceiling. No way in hell this guy becomes a #1 #2, he doesn’t have the hockey IQ.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Maybe it’s because Sergachev isn’t anything special. Just maybe. Looks like a different version of Beaulieu with a good shot. 3rd pairing, fringe 2nd pairing ceiling. No way in hell this guy becomes a #1 #2, he doesn’t have the hockey IQ.
Time will tell but I would bet he will be a better D than what we currently have in our line up.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Time will tell but I would bet he will be a better D than what we currently have in our line up.
Better then Weber and Petry. I’ll bet money against that. Mete is a way better player IMO, wait till he gets his offense going, he’s already MILES ahead defensively, I honestly don’t think Sergachev will ever catch up.

And as for Sergachev’s offensive numbers, I would like to see what Mete could do on an Allstar team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Better then Weber and Petry. I’ll bet money against that. Mete is a way better player IMO, wait till he gets his offense going, he’s already MILES ahead defensively, I honestly don’t think Sergachev will ever catch up.

And as for Sergachev’s offensive numbers, I would like to see what Mete could do on an Allstar team.
Petry is decent but Weber is on the downside, I can see Sergachev eclipsing our current core. The two youngsters coming up Brook and Romanov May become better however.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

Sergachev is a LD that prefers to play RD. Back when he was drafted posters said they wanted him with Weber but I said Markov would be the better fit since he prefers RD and Markov would have been a great mentor for him.

Brook has barely played LD but his coach has him playing forward as well, doesn't mean we need to follow his coach. He needs to be at RD as he's a beast and you don't mess with that imo.

we'll see how much can he progress, since he's in his age 20 season. Beaulieu in his age 20 season played 6 games in the NHL with 2 pts, Sergachev has over 150 and 65 pts. That's almost as many pts as Beaulieu has in his career of 325 games while being 6 years older.

Beaulieu is an odd case since after putting up 29 pts he's got 19 over 2 seasons. Sergachev certainly benefits from being on the top team but he seems to have so much more offense to his game then Beaulieu.

Reactions: Guns n Roses

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
So? He still played in the POs. Id hear the exact same excuse for Subban if Julien was his coach.

You know there's a difference between AHL and CHL hockey right? Playing a full year in the AHL made Subban far more prepared than Brook would be for NHL action

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad