Prospect Info: Josh Brook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
Wait so ahead of him are Poehling, Suzuki, Primeau, Romanov, and...do they still consider Juulsen a prospect or something?

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Lol listing Ikonen as a “speedster”. Just because he’s smaller and Finnish? Clearly they’ve never seen him play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
They are nothing alike though, Brook is one of the smartest player whenever he's on the ice, and its quite the opposite when Bouchard is on the ice.

Nothing alike? They have parts of their game where it's a different style yes. But that's not the point. The point he Brook is just as good as Bouchard. I didn't say they play the exact same game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brook is better.

I may be bias but I think I agree. He is a much better skater IMO. This will go a long way at the NHL level. Bouchard has a Weber style game. Not the end of the world but you need to find a good partner for them to play with

However, at this stage, I feel more safe by saying Brook is just as good as Bouchard. Lets see how it looks 12 months from now.

Brook and Romanov as back to back steals in the 2nd round. In TT I trust! Just accumulate the picks and let him do his job.

Reactions: jaffy27

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I may be bias but I think I agree. He is a much better skater IMO. This will go a long way at the NHL level. Bouchard has a Weber style game. Not the end of the world but you need to find a good partner for them to play with
Bouchard doesn't have a Weber style game at all though. He's an offensive Dman that likes to sling passes from the back end and shoot in the Ozone. Aside from the shot, there's little comparable there, Weber is a much much smarter Dman, he's a defensive D with a cannon shot, Bouchard's defensive game is closer to Beaulieu than.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bouchard doesn't have a Weber style game at all though. He's an offensive Dman that likes to sling passes from the back end and shoot in the Ozone. Aside from the shot, there's little comparable there, Weber is a much much smarter Dman, he's a defensive D with a cannon shot, Bouchard's defensive game is closer to Beaulieu than.

I think he has a Weber style game. He scores goals with his booming shot and skating is not his strength. Plays a physical game too.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Found a tweet that gives the rankings:

Suzuki is the flashiest and get gets the best ranking because of it. I have Suzuki as our 4th best prospect behind Brook, Romanov, Poehling. I have Suzuki and Primeau as equals and then Ylonen, Olofsson, Ikonen, Evans as equals behind them. Juulsen to me is similar to Mete... no longer prospects. Juulsen most certainly was playing solid in a top 4D role and was our best D man behind Petry and a injury de-railed his season.

We have both quality and quantity and more to come in this next draft.

1) Brook & Romanov
3) Poehling
4) Suzuki and Primeau
6) Ylonen, Olofsson, Ikonen, Evans, Fleury
11) Harris, McShane, Fonstad, Stapley

Last edited:

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
He might have an outside shot at LD with Petry. Brook has had experience playing LD. If not, he will battle Juulsen for the 3rd pairing RD spot.
Please no. Let’s keep him on the right side. This is the NHL not shirts against skins ball hockey. We would be doing Brook a great disservice by placing him out of position. Let him play in Laval. Bergecrap will just have to fill the LD with NHL caliber players.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Please no. Let’s keep him on the right side. This is the NHL not shirts against skins ball hockey. We would be doing Brook a great disservice by placing him out of position. Let him play in Laval. Bergecrap will just have to fill the LD with NHL caliber players.

I'm not afraid to try different options. You can try it in camp or in pre-season. No harm done IMO. This will not destroy his development and I think he can handle it. Is this my #1 plan? No, it's just an option I would try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad