Kings News: Jordan Nolan suspended 1 Game (tonight) for sucker punch

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I think calling it a "nut punch" is way way way excessive. I think you could tell during the telecast that Jim Fox didn't come close to buying it, and I agree with Jim Fox. It looked like his head was completely looking down when his hands ended up there, it in no way was a nut punch.

And Nolan's reaction was a clear 3-5 seconds after the supposed "nut punch"

We have gone from protecting Quick to racism to a nut punch.

Let's just call it what it was, a brain fart. It wasn't a viscous cheap shot like the idiots on the main board said. He gets his one game suspension which he deserves and we move on.

Did the cowardly Oilers fist make contact with Nolan's junk? It did.

Is the NHL wildly erratic in how it manages such incidents? It is.

Like I said, Nolan went back after a guy who had gone after him. 3 seconds, two periods the next game, it really doesn't matter.

Should Nolan have gotten a game? Should nutpunch have gotten one too?

Both players were culpable for that incident. Nolan was given 4 mins in penalties and the other guy got two and that was all that should have been assessed.

I have no idea what you mean about racism or Quick or anything else. I watch that incident on its own and if I am Nolan I would have been trying to beat the crap out of that guy. That doesn't make me right but it is what I would do.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles
Deserved it. Maybe that will calm down the Frankestein mob on the main board. With that said, I love how scum like Corey Perry can spear balls left and right and never get in trouble for it. He's such a saint.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Love the way Nolan plays. A lot of fans in the past didn't agree with just having a 4th line heavyweight and that's fine, Nolan can play. He's more a light heavyweight who has shown he will fight anyone and stand up for teammates. He is prob the best hitter on the kings now, esp since Brown stop throwing the body. Nolan also has a decent set of hands and pick control. He is meant for the playoffs because he can hit and forecheck well for a 4th liner without taking penalties.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Deserved it. Maybe that will calm down the Frankestein mob on the main board. With that said, I love how scum like Corey Perry can spear balls left and right and never get in trouble for it. He's such a saint.

He won the Hart. Therefore it's acceptable. He's a real underrated dirty player.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Garbage that this calls for a suspension.

Loving these two minute penalties that don't injure anyone that garner suspensions now.

You can fight another guy bare knuckled and sit for five minutes but you can't pop a guy a good stiff glove punch in a scrum. Pretty amazing.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Most if not all would want at least a game if it happened to a King. Take the emotional attachment to a corporate logo out of the equation, and it is what it is. Take the game and move on.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Most if not all would want at least a game if it happened to a King. Take the emotional attachment to a corporate logo out of the equation, and it is what it is. Take the game and move on.

I wouldn't. I'd expect my team to do something about it if it was a big deal.

It was a punch in a scrum. A good punch, but just a punch nonetheless.

Carter got a bloody nose in the altercation in the 3rd. That is more than what the Oiler on the end of this devastating sucker punch received. I want a suspension!!!

Weise slew-foots Doughty and gets nothing. Infinitely more dangerous than this play. I didn't cry for a suspension though because I'd rather see it settled on the ice.

Anyways, you get what's coming. Don't shove a defender on to his own goalie or you get popped.

Also, nothing happens if this game isn't against a Canadian team. If this is LA/PHO on a Sunday night from Glendale, the league doesn't even know about it.

The refs were all standing right there. Hell, Nolan pretty much told him to "watch this" and popped him, resulting in only another two minutes...not even a 10-minute misconduct. He already had two minutes prior to the punch.

Hate this Monday-morning quarterback refereeing by the league. I understand if it is a missed call, but this wasn't missed by anybody.

Oh, and Keith got the same for a blatant stick to the mouth on Carter, a guy who has already been suspended before.

Keep doing great work, NHL.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
i wouldn't. I'd expect my team to do something about it if it was a big deal.

Carter got a bloody nose in the altercation in the 3rd. That is more than what the oiler on the end of this devastating sucker punch received. I want a suspension!!!

Weise slew-foots doughty and gets nothing. Infinitely more dangerous than this play. I didn't cry for a suspension though because i'd rather see it settled on the ice.

Anyways, you get what's coming. Don't shove a defender on to his own goalie or you get popped.

Also, nothing happens if this game isn't against a canadian team. If this is la/pho on a sunday night from glendale, the league doesn't even know about it.

The refs were all standing right there. Hell, nolan pretty much told him to "watch this" and popped him, resulting in only another two minutes...not even a 10-minute misconduct. He already had two minutes prior to the punch.

Hate this monday-morning quarterback refereeing by the league. I understand if it is a missed call, but this wasn't missed by anybody.

Oh, and keith got the same for a blatant stick to the mouth on carter, a guy who has already been suspended before.

Keep doing great work, nhl.

^ truth.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I wouldn't. I'd expect my team to do something about it if it was a big deal.

Carter got a bloody nose in the altercation in the 3rd. That is more than what the Oiler on the end of this devastating sucker punch received. I want a suspension!!!

Weise slew-foots Doughty and gets nothing. Infinitely more dangerous than this play. I didn't cry for a suspension though because I'd rather see it settled on the ice.

Also, nothing happens if this game isn't against a Canadian team. If this is LA/PHO on a Sunday night from Glendale, the league doesn't even know about it.

The refs were all standing right there. Hell, Nolan pretty much told him to "watch this" and popped him, resulting in only another two minutes...not even a 10-minute misconduct. He already had two minutes prior to the punch.

Hate this Monday-morning quarterback refereeing by the league. I understand if it is a missed call, but this wasn't missed by anybody.

Oh, and Keith got the same for a blatant stick to the mouth on Carter, a guy who has already been suspended before.

Keep doing great work, NHL.

I'm not going to disagree with that, especially the Weise thing. To get pissed at the NHL at this point about this stuff is a waste of effort though. If the PA doesn't make a stink about it, then what can you do.

Kopiterror

Mar 7, 2013
If we have to be more subtle, Photoshop Kings players doing nefarious things in history, i.e.
- Nolan punching the Hindenburg
- Brown assassinating Lincoln
etc.

We should photoshop them in place of monsters as well:

Doughty (as King Kong) carrying Ann up the empire state building.
Clifford (as Dracula) about to bite into Mira's neck.
King (as Godzilla) rampaging through Tokyo.

If the Kings are going to be cast as monsters, might as well roll with it.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
He sucker punched someone but it isn't a regular thing for Nolan so I don't really care. Probably just caught up in the moment.

And for the people mentioning Carter's altercation, I still don't get why he got a game misconduct last night. Can anyone explain this to me?

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
We should photoshop them in place of monsters as well:

Doughty (as King Kong) carrying Ann up the empire state building.
Clifford (as Dracula) about to bite into Mira's neck.
King (as Godzilla) rampaging through Tokyo.

If the Kings are going to be cast as monsters, might as well roll with it.

Kings as villains? Love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad