Kings News: Jordan Nolan suspended 1 Game (tonight) for sucker punch

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...jesse-joensuu-earns-phone-142935514--nhl.html

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=708738&navid=nhl:topheads

"Los Angeles Kings center Jordan Nolan will have a hearing Monday for his punch to Edmonton Oilers left wing Jesse Joensuu during the second period Sunday at Rexall Place in Edmonton.

Nolan was issued a pair of roughing penalties on the play at 19:56 of the second period. Joensuu was issued a cross-checking penalty in the same sequence.

The following grounds for the proposed supplemental discipline are being considered: a punch to Joensuu. However, the Department of Player Safety retains the right to make adjustments to these infractions accordingly upon further review.

The Kings won the game, 4-2."

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
I wouldn't be surprised to see either just a fine or one game. One game would be on the harsh end if he has no history with the league (does he?)

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Nolan should file sexual harassment charges again Joensuu. That'll learn 'em to grab a mans junk.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
"Hi Jordan, this Brendan Shanahan of the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety. Beauty punch."

*click*

Last edited:

Sam

Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised to see either just a fine or one game. One game would be on the harsh end if he has no history with the league (does he?)
He got fined for cross-checking Sedin last season.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
"Hi Jordan, this Brendan Shanahan of the National Hockey League's Department of Player Safety. Beauty punch."

*click*

rofl

What Sam said--fined last year for cross-check on a downed Sedin. Would be surprised if he didn't get at least a game, since the max fine is a joke under this CBA. Anything more than two games would be a shock, though. I'm glad they're at least looking at it though since that shows they're at least examining plays that don't cause injury.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
rofl

What Sam said--fined last year for cross-check on a downed Sedin. Would be surprised if he didn't get at least a game, since the max fine is a joke under this CBA. Anything more than two games would be a shock, though. I'm glad they're at least looking at it though since that shows they're at least examining plays that don't cause injury.

Also means they are actually watching west games...although this was an earlier start

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I guess that means that Clifford will have to be the one to punch the next guy that pulls that kind of crap.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I'm proud of Nolan. I would NEVER let someone get away with that. He could have handled it better, but oh well, he didn't. No one should get away with pushing Doughty into Quick. Those are two franchise players. What if one, or even both, got injured?

Nefarious

Classless Doty
Jun 27, 2006
King's Landing
*sniff sniff*

I smell playoff avatars.

make-it-so-captain.jpg

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I'm probably the biggest Nolan fanboy on these boards. Loved the punch and love the Kings pushing around an inferior team in their own building.

Richards sticking Scrivens start of the next period was not an accident. This team is getting the swagger again, that swagger that says "We will do what we want".

A fine would be an injustice. It's a two minute penalty in a scrum; it just so happened to be right on the button.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
I'm probably the biggest Nolan fanboy on these boards. Loved the punch and love the Kings pushing around an inferior team in their own building.

Richards sticking Scrivens start of the next period was not an accident. This team is getting the swagger again, that swagger that says "We will do what we want".

A fine would be an injustice. It's a two minute penalty in a scrum; it just so happened to be right on the button.

Agree 100% love and missed the swagger, Were winners and winners get to do what they want!

KingKopitar11*

How funny, I remember when Shanahan would sucker punch players when he was playing Now he wants to suspend a guy who clocked someone who groped him. The irony.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad