Kings News: Jordan Nolan suspended 1 Game (tonight) for sucker punch

KingKopitar11*

Pretty much my reaction when I saw the punch

fatboyreacts.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm probably the biggest Nolan fanboy on these boards. Loved the punch and love the Kings pushing around an inferior team in their own building.

Richards sticking Scrivens start of the next period was not an accident. This team is getting the swagger again, that swagger that says "We will do what we want".

A fine would be an injustice. It's a two minute penalty in a scrum; it just so happened to be right on the button.

:handclap:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I absolutely love how the main boards are saying Nolan doesn't back his play up and yet he's fought every heavy that's come at him and that Gazdic was going to teach him a lesson yada yada. Hilarious.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Rest assured nobody will be trying to push players into Quick again with Nolan on the ice.

Yup. Glad to finally see that sort of response really.

Yep, think we have our theme
Lol

Yeahhh I guarantee avy's related to specific controversial events won't last long :laugh:

Maybe mud all over player portraits with "dirty kings" would fly, but showing Brown with a missle on his knee won't stick :laugh:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Yup. Glad to finally see that sort of response really.

Yeahhh I guarantee avy's related to specific controversial events won't last long :laugh:

Maybe mud all over player portraits with "dirty kings" would fly, but showing Brown with a missle on his knee won't stick :laugh:

Why should anything be done about an avatar that features a .gif of a legal hit?

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Why should anything be done about an avatar that features a .gif of a legal hit?

This isn't the NHL. Nobody is going to care whether a hit is clean or not if posters are using images to troll other fanbases and no one is going to have sympathy if posters try to plead ignorance with "what's the problem? It's a clean hit." I think it's funny, but if I'm a fan of "x" team, I'm reporting said poster for baiting.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
If we have to be more subtle, Photoshop Kings players doing nefarious things in history, i.e.
- Nolan punching the Hindenburg
- Brown assassinating Lincoln
etc.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
I respectfully disagree with the majority here.

I love Jordan Nolan. Loved his dad too. They play "Sutter hockey".

But blindside hits to the side of the head are a great way to end someone's career. I don't want to be known as the team that condones that kind of garbage.

I love Nolan and I hope he never does that again.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
1 game is probably the correct punishment for what he did. I think what makes this one especially bad compared to most scrums was how late the sucker punch was, the play had began to calm and the linesman were in there and booom Nolan hit him.

Sucks to lose a really solid 4th liner, but this is the right call, if the shoe were on the other foot everyone here would be rightfully calling for a suspension.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
With how completely terrible and inconsistent the "player safety" idiots are this could have been anything from a lifetime ban from hockey to a game so I will take the 1 game and let it go but Nolan shouldn't have been given any penalty that that cowardly Oiler received as well.

Nolan reacted to a nut punch and I would have too in the same manner. There are off limit areas in hockey and the junk is at the top of that list. Cowardly Oiler. Bunch of B.S.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Nolan reacted to a nut punch and I would have too in the same manner.

I think calling it a "nut punch" is way way way excessive. I think you could tell during the telecast that Jim Fox didn't come close to buying it, and I agree with Jim Fox. It looked like his head was completely looking down when his hands ended up there, it in no way was a nut punch.

And Nolan's reaction was a clear 3-5 seconds after the supposed "nut punch"

We have gone from protecting Quick to racism to a nut punch.

Let's just call it what it was, a brain fart. It wasn't a viscous cheap shot like the idiots on the main board said. He gets his one game suspension which he deserves and we move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad