Kings News: Jordan Nolan suspended 1 Game (tonight) for sucker punch

KingKopitar11*

Playoffs avatars are going to be Photoshops of Kings being villain.

Someone should make me a Doughty avatar as fidel Castro please.

Let's go with the bad guy theme.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Did Emery get any post-game punishment from the league for skating all the way to the other goal line to try to fight a non-responsive / non-fighting goalie? And the refs stood by and watched it all happen?

I don't think he did. (maybe I'm wrong... but I think Emery played the next day didn't he?)

Here, Nolan at least was paying back a combatant for something done to him.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Did Emery get any post-game punishment from the league for skating all the way to the other goal line to try to fight a non-responsive / non-fighting goalie? And the refs stood by and watched it all happen?

I don't think he did. (maybe I'm wrong... but I think Emery played the next day didn't he?)

Here, Nolan at least was paying back a combatant for something done to him.

Nope, no punishment for Emery for mugging Holtby. Two wrongs don't make a right though, I'm fine with Nolan getting a game, that was dumb of him

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I wouldn't. I'd expect my team to do something about it if it was a big deal.

It was a punch in a scrum. A good punch, but just a punch nonetheless.

Carter got a bloody nose in the altercation in the 3rd. That is more than what the Oiler on the end of this devastating sucker punch received. I want a suspension!!!

Weise slew-foots Doughty and gets nothing. Infinitely more dangerous than this play. I didn't cry for a suspension though because I'd rather see it settled on the ice.

Anyways, you get what's coming. Don't shove a defender on to his own goalie or you get popped.

Also, nothing happens if this game isn't against a Canadian team. If this is LA/PHO on a Sunday night from Glendale, the league doesn't even know about it.

The refs were all standing right there. Hell, Nolan pretty much told him to "watch this" and popped him, resulting in only another two minutes...not even a 10-minute misconduct. He already had two minutes prior to the punch.

Hate this Monday-morning quarterback refereeing by the league. I understand if it is a missed call, but this wasn't missed by anybody.

Oh, and Keith got the same for a blatant stick to the mouth on Carter, a guy who has already been suspended before.

Keep doing great work, NHL.

Yes, yes... but... CLASSLESS!!!

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
We should photoshop them in place of monsters as well:

Doughty (as King Kong) carrying Ann up the empire state building.
Clifford (as Dracula) about to bite into Mira's neck.
King (as Godzilla) rampaging through Tokyo.

If the Kings are going to be cast as monsters, might as well roll with it.

Kopitar being chased by villagers with pitchforks and torches....

fyrescorp

Apr 19, 2006
Kinda late to the game but, how is that punch worse than the cheap shot by Malkin on Simmons a few years back? I don't recall any gnashing of teeth over that and it just made me hate EM even more.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
i had more issue with Richards poking at the puck when Scrivens clearly had control. that was a foolish penalty to take at a pivotal point in the game.

Nolan. after the DD over Quick knockdown and then getting his junk grabbed. go at it bro

Nolan as LL Cool J. grab my junk and "Mama said knock you out"

Winger23

May 3, 2007
The way I see it, it just allowed pearson a chance to go into beast mode.

Having only seen him play with the kings, all I can say is holy **** if this is how good he is. So glad they didn't trade him.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
The way I see it, it just allowed pearson a chance to go into beast mode.

Having only seen him play with the kings, all I can say is holy **** if this is how good he is. So glad they didn't trade him.

Pearson is proving his first round draft status. Just a few years back, he was an undrafted draft eligible midget. Now he's beasting. He's faster than he looks, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad