Value of: Jordan Eberle

Eric cartman

Jun 2, 2017
I have a feeling he gets traded to either Montreal, Dallas, Vegas or either of the new Yorks, just my feeling

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
I have a feeling he gets traded to either Montreal, Dallas, Vegas or either of the new Yorks, just my feeling

Dallas makes a ton of sense since we have atleast one top 6 RW spot open and maybe 2.

Not sure what the return would be since some money would have to go the other way because adding 6 million is tough

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Dallas makes a ton of sense since we have atleast one top 6 RW spot open and maybe 2.

Not sure what the return would be since some money would have to go the other way because adding 6 million is tough

Niemi + Faksa ?

McLellan \ SJ connection for Nimo
isnt a RHS nor 50%+ on the dot but a big young 3C with potential.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Weeks ago, we read here that EDM's only offers so far for Eberle were draft picks. I can see the Stars being one of the teams that did that, probably starting with their second round pick, maybe with the idea of giving up 29 or throwing in a prospect, or negotiating rights to one of their many "7th D men" instead.

I doubt they trade Faksa. Doubt anyone, even with past connetions, wants Niemi.....the Stars side would suggest Eakin, since he can be replaced and reduces the salary cap issues. However, after last year, I doubt many will take Eakin on the assumption that he will bounce back.

But, do agree Eberle fits a need and wouldn't mind seeing Stars go up from their lowball offer.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Weeks ago, we read here that EDM's only offers so far for Eberle were draft picks. I can see the Stars being one of the teams that did that, probably starting with their second round pick, maybe with the idea of giving up 29 or throwing in a prospect, or negotiating rights to one of their many "7th D men" instead.

I doubt they trade Faksa. Doubt anyone, even with past connetions, wants Niemi.....the Stars side would suggest Eakin, since he can be replaced and reduces the salary cap issues. However, after last year, I doubt many will take Eakin on the assumption that he will bounce back.

But, do agree Eberle fits a need and wouldn't mind seeing Stars go up from their lowball offer.

I can't really see what the Stars would realistically offer that would be of any interest to Edmonton.

7th defencemen, mediocre draft picks, and Cody Eakin isn't much of a base to build on for a top line RW.

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
I can't really see what the Stars would realistically offer that would be of any interest to Edmonton.

7th defencemen, mediocre draft picks, and Cody Eakin isn't much of a base to build on for a top line RW.

Well if he's a top line RW then why are you trading him?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Knee jerk overreaction to a subpar playoffs?

If it were my team I wouldn't be trading him right now unless it got me a solid defenceman, and I definitely wouldn't be moving him for draft picks AND be taking money back too - which usually means a cap dump.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

1) Salary Cap - issues are upcoming in a year
2) Versatility - Our coach prefers to have guys who can play C or wing
3) Player fit - our GM seems to prefer stronger guys who can bang and crash and create chances that way over dangling snipers
4) Player confidence - blame it on the fanbase turning on him, or playing on a losing team for too long, but Eberle needs a fresh start to be his most effective in my opinion.

He is absolutely a top line RW. But its time to move on for both sides - that doesn't mean that he is valueless or should only return marginal pieces. He has his issues though, so he won't return a star caliber player either.

There are certainly pieces on Dallas that I would entertain for Eberle. But none of them would be acceptable by your fanbase (and probably your GM) I'm sure.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

What would going up include? What pieces would be non-starters in an Eberle deal aside from the obvious core pieces (Bishop, Benn, Seguin, Klingberg)?

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Weeks ago, we read here that EDM's only offers so far for Eberle were draft picks..
link?

Overreaction to a poor playoff and Edmonton has to have a whipping boy at all times. Last year it was Justin Schultz, year before it was Sam Gagner, two years ago it was Jeff Petry, Ales Hemsky......and so on for as long as I can remember.

51 points playing 2nd line 5vs5 and 2nd unit PP with RNH who had zero puck luck last year is a poor season for Eberle but still 1RW numbers

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Niemi + Faksa ?

McLellan \ SJ connection for Nimo
isnt a RHS nor 50%+ on the dot but a big young 3C with potential.

Faksa is a non starter. Eakin has been made expendable thanks to him and he is cheaper so moving would hurt us. He was also a stud defensively under Ruffs what is defense system. I am pumped to see him play under Hitch

I like the idea of Eberle but if something can't get worked out around Eakin for the 29th then I am 100% fine going a different route.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
What would going up include? What pieces would be non-starters in an Eberle deal aside from the obvious core pieces (Bishop, Benn, Seguin, Klingberg)?

Lindell, Honka and Faksa would be non starters too. Dallas could part with things like 29, 39, Shore, Ritchie, Johns, Oleksiak/Nemeth (those these seem more like toss in guys), Tufte and other recent picks.

It's understandable if that's not what is wanted but with Gurianov about a year away and Nuke looking like he will return in a year we don't 100% need to go after an Eberle type and could easily settle for a short term vet like Williams to play with Benn and Seguin

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Lindell, Honka and Faksa would be non starters too. Dallas could part with things like 29, 39, Shore, Ritchie, Johns, Oleksiak/Nemeth (those these seem more like toss in guys), Tufte and other recent picks.

It's understandable if that's not what is wanted but with Gurianov about a year away and Nuke looking like he will return in a year we don't 100% need to go after an Eberle type and could easily settle for a short term vet like Williams to play with Benn and Seguin
That would interest me as it would add a couple 3rd liners for some depth a couple magic beans.
I see Chiarelli going after Williams hard if he's open to playing in Canada

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3