Waived: Jordan Caron (Warsofsky and Cunningham as well 10/4/14) - All clear :-/

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Nope. Cunnigham and Warsofsky will be claimed.

could certainly happen.. but like others have said, I think most if not all teams have their own version of these type of players. And generally, they might be more inclined to give their own guys a try vs. bringing in someone else's. The kicker is injury situations.. that could be a primary reason why any of them go.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
could certainly happen.. but like others have said, I think most if not all teams have their own version of these type of players. And generally, they might be more inclined to give their own guys a try vs. bringing in someone else's. The kicker is injury situations.. that could be a primary reason why any of them go.
Possibly but out of them all, I think Warsofsky is as good as gone sadly :(

A Healthy Kelly*

Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more,
Men were deceivers ever
One foot in sea and one on shore,
To one thing constant, never

e: i guess it's time for a new av

bigbadbruins7

Dec 18, 2011
CT
Not surprised by any of these but hope to see Warsofsky make it through. Is the waiver order still based off of last years standings?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Not surprised by any of these but hope to see Warsofsky make it through. Is the waiver order still based off of last years standings?

Yes. Buffalo, Florida, Edmonton and Calgary would be top 4. Of those I could see Calgary possibly taking Warsofsky, but none of the others. After them I don't see anyone for awhile and then maybe Dallas.

Like others have said, everyone has players like these that they are waiving at this time of year.

Rhoshambeau

May 21, 2010
Northern Connecticut
crying-indian-o.gif

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

Am I the only one who thinks that this is gonna come back and bite the Bruins?

no you are not,but Lets hope they all Clear waviers.

What shocks is that me is the Caron Hate. I may be wrong but I think he can be a useable Player.If Caron was a 4th round pick would this change?

Some of the most vocal Caron haters, also Protect Bart?????????????????????????.

I still think Caron will have a better career than Bart

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA

What shocks is that me is the Caron Hate. I may be wrong but I think he can be a useable Player.If Caron was a 4th round pick would this change?

Some of the most vocal Caron haters, also Protect Bart?????????????????????????.

they both suck it's irrelevant

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Amen. Caron has far more potential as an NHL player than the other two that got waived today. He just turned 24, he has a big frame, he was a prolific scorer in juniors and has shown flashes of tremendous play at the NHL level. He's been put in a tough spot the last 3 years because the Bruins are a very deep team. He has to come in after not playing a couple weeks and try to make an impact in 6 minutes a night.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
No need to rejoice before another team makes a claim. Otherwise it is all to be relived, watch.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Not sure what the 2 have in common. Maybe Caron will have a better next 5 years and better career than Bart, but to this point it hasn't been close. Bart is a much better player. The guy played 20+ minutes a night in a top 4 role for a team that won the President's cup. Caron has struggled to establish himself as a 4th liner.

In terms of today. I suspect Caron will go somewhere else and be a moderately effective 3rd/4th line winger, but that doesn't bother me as there is no reason to believer he has had chance after chance to do that here, and has failed.

Warsofsky is a nice AHL player. He is NOT an alternative to Torey Krug. He is nowhere close to the talent that Krug is. He may make it as a 6th defenseman/2nd pairing power play guy somewhere. It wasn't going to be here. I am sad they couldn't get a 7th round pick for him, but I think that shows where he is viewed.

Cunningham disappoints me. I think he is easily the best of the 3 and would love to see him with Paille on the 4th line. He has done nothing but produce since the Bruins signed him. He deserved a shot to show he could produce at the NHL level, so I wish him well and hope he gets that shot. He is the guy who could be the Nate Thompson of this crew and end up having a 10 year NHL career.

I won't lose sleep losing any of the guys though. There are better alternatives to all 3 already in the system (as much as I would love to see Cunningham on the 4th, I'd rather see Knight)

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Amen. Caron has far more potential as an NHL player than the other two that got waived today. He just turned 24, he has a big frame, he was a prolific scorer in juniors and has shown flashes of tremendous play at the NHL level. He's been put in a tough spot the last 3 years because the Bruins are a very deep team. He has to come in after not playing a couple weeks and try to make an impact in 6 minutes a night.

it is nice to see at least one other poster that agree's :)

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
for god's sake, he had 12 goals and 28 points in 123 NHL games... and a grand total of 6 pts in the last two years. the guy was lame as ****.

kinda bummed for warsofsky and particularly cunningham. thought he had a pretty good camp.

Last edited:

Ess_37

Aug 2, 2005
Edmonton, AB
good thing we got jordy signed on that 1 way deal. what a goober move pc you schmuck.

How is that a "goober" move? He's not going to be on the cap and will be in the minors. He took a calculated risk that someone might have given him something/anything for Caron and it didn't work. All he risked is Jacobs money. Big deal.

I just don't get the mindset of criticism for the sake of criticism sometimes.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

:laugh:
No way... Bart has already accomplished more as a major cog on the blue line of a President's Trophy caliber team (not the end-all-be-all, but a tangible accomplishment that earned him the right to salary arbitration). He has already accomplished more than Caron is likely to ever accomplish at the NHL level. Sure as a rookie he made some bad mistakes in the playoffs last year, but Miller also had a poor playoffs and was directly responsible for a couple of crucial goals as well. And for whatever reason, Miller gets a pass when both he and Bart were rookies of a similar age.

Bart merely entered the league a few months before Miller. Similar inexperience and both young D-men show promise--- something Caron never really showed much of. Caron regressed somewhat IMO and after watching the kids light up the Islanders last night (plus get beat down in a fight we never got to see), his confidence is only waning at this point.

Caron is a warm body and very little more. The Bruins have plenty of warm bodies -- warm bodies that can make skilled passes and *GASP* even score goals -- that they can plug into the lineup at some point in their development. That PC finally waived Caron says that he was probably unable to even get a 7th round pick for him.

Bart is not waiving material. He actually has some degree of value in this league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad