Waived: Jordan Caron (Warsofsky and Cunningham as well 10/4/14) - All clear :-/

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
The last two posts deserve special recognition for hilarity. I laughed and then I laughed again.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I'm actually more pleased that Warsofsky cleared than I am pissed that Caron cleared, too. Yes, no doubt Claudarelli will be tempted to grab a cookie from the Caron jar at some point, and that's bad.

But with Boychuk gone, it's good to have some backup defense in case of injury. Because you have to go all the way back to...oh, wait, that was just last year when 1/3 of our D lost a good part of their season.

spylogic3

Sep 1, 2006
The Caron will return.
Caron hasn't left yet. He, and Cunningham, went to Vermont for team-building exercises. Warsofsky went to Providence.

Claude was noncommittal, saying that he'll wait till Monday to decide about Caron and Cunningham.

acr*

He's too small to play in the NHL. He certainly isn't good enough to make up for his lack of size.

No way. This guy will be anchoring our PP for years to come and makes Krug entirely expendable. I know this because I read it here on HF Boards. :sarcasm:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Aand the one thing getting me through the Johnny trade is gone.

******* it Caron. So useless 29 NHL teams don't want you for free.

How long until we get to see him get a Caron hatty? Bonehead penalty, turnover in the neutral zone and getting knocked on his ass. I give it until early November. Clode can only hold out for so long before the desire overtakes him.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
If Caron is in the opening day lineup i might have a heart attack. There are too many youngsters that are measurably better than JC, in terms of skill/effectiveness/production/everything. It would be difficult to trust any of Clode's decisions if he keeps a Spooner, Griffith, Koko (or Cunningham for that matter) in Providence and still chooses Caron over all of them despite his clearing waivers.

THe waivers just confirms what we already knew. Caron is dead wood at best. (edit: and other teams can clearly recognize it)

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
There are reason's why a team would not take a player thru the waiver claim and wait until he clears and trade a 7th rounder for him that would benefit them better than just putting in a claim. Don't see it happening, but there are reasons. I just can't be bothered to explain it.

OT here, Bruins should now put in a claim for Mike Kostka. $625K cap hit !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad