Joonas Donskoi. Signed Free Agent May 2015

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Can't wait to see how he looks in the World Cup. The consensus seems to be that he starts in a line with Granlund and Koivu. I'm not sure if that's a great fit. I was hoping it would be the brainiac Jokinen on his left. Well, Granny has good vision too, should be fun to watch. Dunno if the center should be a grinder like Koivu. Guess the coach was shooting for familiarity in the short tourney.

The other estimated lines: Jokinen Barkov Laine, Lehtera Filppula Teravainen, Korpikoski (hopefully soon replaced by Aho) Haula Komarov. Hey, where would you put Donskoi?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What line is he projected to be on? I heard he might play with Couture?

He had good chemistry with Couture in the 2nd half of the season and through the playoffs while being solid defensively so I'd expect him to be stuck to Couture's hip this season.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
What line is he projected to be on? I heard he might play with Couture?

Donskoi playing Couture is one of two forward lineup decisions that I'm confident about (the other is Pavelski and Thornton, obviously). Their third linemate is up in the air, but it should be one of Ward (my preference), Marleau, or Boedker.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Donskoi playing Couture is one of two forward lineup decisions that I'm confident about (the other is Pavelski and Thornton, obviously). Their third linemate is up in the air, but it should be one of Ward (my preference), Marleau, or Boedker.

Yup if there is one thing i am sure this season is nothing is that concret even the thornton/pavspairing could potentially be not even a thing this year depending on who forces there way onto the team.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Donskoi's MO seems to be to carry the puck as deep as possible. Not a bad MO to have.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
This came up on my youtube recommendations today.

Has he been playing with Boedker in the preseason?

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
Boedker-Couture-Donskoi seems to have been the line, but we haven't seen enough to make a judgment about how good they'l be.

"Donskoi to Couture, back to Donskoi, back to Couture, TO DONSKOI! Scores! And Boedker had great vision there. He comes down the boards and just watches. Really, elite playmaking by Boedker as the Sharks score a meaningless false hope goal here at the end against Edmonton."

I imagine many play calls going this way. :naughty:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Boedker's had solid possession stats for the most part playing with some of the better players on the team.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Nice that Donkey potted a goal. Hopefully some 5v5 scoring coming too. The effort seems to be there?

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Nice that Donkey potted a goal. Hopefully some 5v5 scoring coming too. The effort seems to be there?

His puck control is outstanding right now. Picked up right where he left off, it's incredible how well he does against physically bigger, stronger players. He's shifty and creative, and consistently makes plays in tight space and while being checked.

Hold the Pickles

Aug 16, 2003
03-K64
His puck control is outstanding right now. Picked up right where he left off, it's incredible how well he does against physically bigger, stronger players. He's shifty and creative, and consistently makes plays in tight space and while being checked.

No doubt, and he's even getting better. One on two tight on the boards and he still has a decent chance of retaining possession for SJ. I still wonder what Donskoi and Hertl could do together if given some extended time together.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Donskoi was an excellent signing. He's just behind Couture and Hertl in terms of depth, and to think the Sharks expended no assets to get him in free agency - just a steal.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I love Donskoi. I nearly bought his jersey as my first after the SCF. I'm still constantly impressed by him.

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
I love Donskoi. I nearly bought his jersey as my first after the SCF. I'm still constantly impressed by him.

Same here, Donskoi is the one I'm thinking about getting my first jersey, since the Sharks haven't had any good #9's of recent :laugh:
No way im getting a Zubrus or Havlat jersey

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Same here, Donskoi is the one I'm thinking about getting my first jersey, since the Sharks haven't had any good #9's of recent :laugh:

Off the top of my head, I can only name one #9 who played 3+seasons/150+ games for the Sharks, and that's Milan Michalek. Donskoi will break that trend...

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Well I kind of went and bought a Gallagher jersey yesterday... And I feel like Couture or Hertl should be my first Sharks jersey, but Donkey is making me hesitate.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
Well I kind of went and bought a Gallagher jersey yesterday... And I feel like Couture or Hertl should be my first Sharks jersey, but Donkey is making me hesitate.

Buy Donskoi jersey! Suomi Finland Perkele :laugh:
I actually would buy a Donskoi jersey in a heartbeat if I would find one but here in Finland there isn't any place where I would get one and I don't want to order abroad it because mail and customs taxes would be so expensive.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Buy Donskoi jersey! Suomi Finland Perkele :laugh:
I actually would buy a Donskoi jersey in a heartbeat if I would find one but here in Finland there isn't any place where I would get one and I don't want to order abroad it because mail and customs taxes would be so expensive.

I need to at some point, but Sharks jerseys aren't easy to find in Eastern Canada, let alone Donskoi jerseys. Still just so happy to have this gem of a player.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I need to at some point, but Sharks jerseys aren't easy to find in Eastern Canada, let alone Donskoi jerseys. Still just so happy to have this gem of a player.

Just order from CoolHockey.com. I've done it for two of my jerseys and they do an awesome job. Fully stitched, not heat-pressed, and its like $160-170 USD. They even threw a free hat in for me with one of my jerseys.

Hertl Black 3rd jersey and Pavs Stadium Series.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
I know it's early to ask this.
As we know Donskoi's 2yrs ELC contract with Sharks finishing next summer ( 2017).

So what's the situation of Joonas Donskoi in Sharks right now.
Is Doug Wilson re-signing him before next summer and how that Las Vegas expansion draft affects for Donskoi and is sharks protecting him or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00