JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Jonathan Toews right now:

giphy.gif

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I'm going to try not to be a victim of the moment.

Toews has been playing very well for a couple months now and the team has really looked good. It's really a different team when he's playing at this high level.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Last year, something was up with Toews. You could tell he didn't have his usual jump. I think he was hurt more than he let on.

At the beginning of this year, most of us felt he had some of his jump back but he struggled to finish. That with the constant shuffling of his line really eroded his confidence and for the first time in years ... we saw Toews visibly frustrated on the ice. That coincided with his back issues, which forced him to miss numerous games.

Switch to about a month ago when Toews' back healed and he finally got on the board. Then add 2 consistent linemates ... Toews is healthy and playing with confidence again. When Toews goes, the Hawks go. A confident and healthy Toews makes the Hawks the most dangerous team in the West.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I have a fear that this 5 pts game will set the Standard for him and anything less than this will be considered as bad.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Incredible what a recent string of points and a 5 pointer to boot will do to the naysayers.

Glad to see Tazer back in gear for you guys - don't quite like the Wild at all, so seeing you guys own them twice (especially in their own barn) is sweet.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
With the 5 points Toews has risen to #3 behind Kaner and Panarin on the team and a .82 points per game clip. With 22 games left that would mean a 60 point campaign.
Maybe Jonny was reading his thread here and decided to alter the script a little ...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Jonathan Toews right now:

giphy.gif

Epic movie. I watched it when it first came out on blu-ray at Redbox. It just kind of caught my eye. At the time, it wasn't really heard of. I instantly knew it was one of the best action movies I had seen. Recommended it to friends/family, and all of them pretty much agreed across the board. I really want to go see the second one. :yo:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Does Winnipeg still have 6 players better than Toews? Maybe if we're lucky we can trade Toews for Scheiffle...

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
FWIW, John Jaeckel wrote this in his blog this morning:

"I've heard since that at least since the World Cup, and up until a few weeks ago, there was an injury, to Toews back, that he had been playing through all season. But a few weeks ago, once the back healed up, Toews' game began to emerge,"

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

"I've heard since that at least since the World Cup, and up until a few weeks ago, there was an injury, to Toews back, that he had been playing through all season. But a few weeks ago, once the back healed up, Toews' game began to emerge,"

(JJ) Bad reputation aside, this can be the only feasible explanation for Toews turnaround in his play.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton
With his contract he's taking a lot of flack.

After a down year (basically he had a Bergeron type season) with 58 points, do you think he will rebound and have a big year?

I really hope he gets to play with some talent and has a season like the lockout year.

What do you forsee for Toews this year ?

Toews is awesome, never have to worry about a player that has the heart , character , compete level , that he does. He's played a hell of alot hockey in the time he's been in Chicago ( not including all the international play)

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL

Well we're talking what, more than a year and a half of subpar play from Toews? Has he had a back issue that long? If so, gasp...I'd have a hard time thinking it won't be back. I'm not a doctor, but it seems like most people that get back problems don't ever fully get rid of them.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I don't think Toews was nearly as bad last year as he was at the start of this year.

Last year, Toews got his 28 goals as usual but his assist total feel with Hossa's down year and rotating LWs. He wasn't playing amazing, but I don't think he was playing poorly. He was still doing the other things that make him great when he wasn't scoring.

This year, he was losing puck battles and seemed to have lost a step at the beginning of the year. His play was much worse than last season, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad