Jonathan Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It's true....

See, that is the true problem with Toews, he doesn't play like this all the time. People say he's overrated but he isn't when he plays this way.

Toews problem isn't his skill or what he's capable of, his problem is that he is inconsistent... He can go from being the best player in the world to being "average"... I will say this much tho - he is the best player in the world when it matters and that's what people take note of.

No and I say that because Crosby is still better than him. If you want to say when he plays like this he is clearly a top 5 players in the world then I would agree but until Crosby is done being Crosby he will remain the best player in the world (McDavid is coming though).

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
God... if I wasn't looking for something to pass the time at work when it's slow... I don't think I'd ever glance at the main boards. The amount of idiocy is outrageous, to say the least. :shakehead

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Our playoff avatars need to all be Toews with a superman cape on or him carrying a blackhawks logo on his shoulders like Atlas

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
The only difference in his game that I'm seeing now versus the last couple months is improved confidence in all areas of his game.

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
I find it ridiculous that some can think that it was anything other than injury that dropped Toews' level of play. Right, he just didn't care to try hard anymore! Gimme a break! It's sad that a fan can't give a player the benefit of the doubt after so many years of great play and instead turn on him and question his work ethic and passion for the game.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I find it ridiculous that some can think that it was anything other than injury that dropped Toews' level of play. Right, he just didn't care to try hard anymore! Gimme a break! It's sad that a fan can't give a player the benefit of the doubt after so many years of great play and instead turn on him and question his work ethic and passion for the game.

Amen.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Toews is and never has been better than Crosby.

I disagree. For a few years Toews had a far greater impact on the game. He was a turnover creating machine, a faceoff monster, and a plus offensive player. Toews was also an elite penalty killer when played there.

Crosby is better offensively and Toews' entire game has dipped the last few years. Right now? I would take Crosby but for a few years Toews was better.

Who knows if that would be the case if not for the concussion issues that plagued Crosby. But it certainly was for a little while, regardless of the reasons why.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
I think Toews is currently being helped by how that line fits together. IMO Schmaltz might have been the best player on the ice against Minnesota. That reverse backhanded pass was ****ing sick.

This looked like a VERY slow team for a large portion of the season. Minnesota is a fast team and it looked like we were flying last night. Hino, Kero, Schmaltz, and Kempny all have wheels and when they all play our team speed is greatly improved. I think that's helped make everyone better, including Toews.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I disagree. For a few years Toews had a far greater impact on the game. He was a turnover creating machine, a faceoff monster, and a plus offensive player. Toews was also an elite penalty killer when played there.

Crosby is better offensively and Toews' entire game has dipped the last few years. Right now? I would take Crosby but for a few years Toews was better.

Who knows if that would be the case if not for the concussion issues that plagued Crosby. But it certainly was for a little while, regardless of the reasons why.

Are you talking about the time frame where Crosby basically did not play (2 year period)?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This is the man I want to see, I just finished watching the Mini game and WOW, I can now safely say he is back. Just in time for the playoffs and what a game that was for the entire team.

emeyezee

Jul 1, 2015
People on the main boards would probably say something like, "0 points in the last 24 hours. Overrated and overpaid"

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014
I think Toews is currently being helped by how that line fits together. IMO Schmaltz might have been the best player on the ice against Minnesota. That reverse backhanded pass was ****ing sick.

This looked like a VERY slow team for a large portion of the season. Minnesota is a fast team and it looked like we were flying last night. Hino, Kero, Schmaltz, and Kempny all have wheels and when they all play our team speed is greatly improved. I think that's helped make everyone better, including Toews.

Similar to penguins last year. Jaeger dice had predicted this basically all season.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
No and I say that because Crosby is still better than him. If you want to say when he plays like this he is clearly a top 5 players in the world then I would agree but until Crosby is done being Crosby he will remain the best player in the world (McDavid is coming though).

Crosby always has and always will be better, there is no debate.

That doesn't change the fact that when Toews is on his game he is one of the best in the game and it is nice that he has been that player again over the past month or so.

So much hyperbole on both sides it really makes me laugh now that he is hot again you are seeing the "SEE SEE I TOLD YOU! BEST PLAYER IN DA WORLD!!" talk and inevitably we will get the other extreme when he goes cold again

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

That doesn't change the fact that when Toews is on his game he is one of the best in the game and it is nice that he has been that player again over the past month or so.

So much hyperbole on both sides it really makes me laugh now that he is hot again you are seeing the "SEE SEE I TOLD YOU! BEST PLAYER IN DA WORLD!!" talk and inevitably we will get the other extreme when he goes cold again

There are very few of both of those posters, you are one of the few that don't know what they are talking about, and there are a few that know what they are talking about, they just overrate him a little bit.

The Toews Era*

Nov 29, 2014

At least no toews fan to my knowledge has created a smurf account to fake being a fan of another team (say the canucks) and then trolled their board to deal with their inner turmoil over a professional athlete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad