Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
It doesn't matter whether you think he did it or not. What matters is that in the era of the #MeToo movement, you put a guy with a rape accusation and investigation on their record as the face and leader of your team, you are going to get ripped apart.

The Blackhawks, like most organizations, would sooner just avoid that.

you are f***ing out to lunch man....wow

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
you are ****ing out to lunch man....wow

And I think you're delusional if you think that making an alleged rapist wouldn't get a ton of blowback from both fans and media in the current climate. So we're even.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
And I think you're delusional if you think that making an alleged rapist wouldn't get a ton of blowback from both fans and media. So we're even.

an alleged rapist, do you know how stupid you sound? do you also know how many "scumbags" have worn the C in this game?

honestly, this bullshit needs to stop, the guy didn't get charged with shit, no court no nothing...move the f*** on already. If the Hawks want him to wear the C he will, not because of some bullshit issue from years ago, but because this is the face of the franchise...nobody cares anymore....they don't.

Reactions: dk2k and Blackhawks

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
And I think you're delusional if you think that making an alleged rapist wouldn't get a ton of blowback from both fans and media in the current climate. So we're even.
The Kane issue has passed. It's history. I would bet there would be no blow back if Kane was made captain for some reason like Toews going on LTIR for good.
But all the same Kane won't be made captain. Toews will remain the captain until he retires.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
boy, I wonder if #88 ever hits the rafters after his career is over after being "an alleged rapist" hahahaha

or his ticket to the Hall of Fame...I hope he says his prayers and does a ton of charity work...

Reactions: Blackhawks

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
an alleged rapist, do you know how stupid you sound? do you also know how many "scumbags" have worn the C in this game?

honestly, this bull**** needs to stop, the guy didn't get charged with ****, no court no nothing...move the **** on already. If the Hawks want him to wear the C he will, not because of some bull**** issue from years ago, but because this is the face of the franchise...nobody cares anymore....they don't.

Wow, it's a good thing culture doesn't change, evolve or progress over time, otherwise one might get the idea that what was tolerated in the past without comment might not be today.

You think the Blackhawks would put the C on him, that's fine. I wouldn't hold my breath.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
boy, I wonder if #88 ever hits the rafters after his career is over after being "an alleged rapist" hahahaha

or his ticket to the Hall of Fame...I hope he says his prayers and does a ton of charity work...

That's somewhat different... though make no mistake, there will be a smaller vocal contingent that tries to remind everybody on those days too.

When an organization chooses a captain, they're making a statement with who they are choosing to elevate. In a role that's almost entirely ceremony anyway (any practical hockey impacts of wearing the C are largely overstated), there's meaning to who you select and what it says about the organization signing off on it.

We'll see.

If Kane ever wears the C for the Blackhawks - or ANY team, NHL or international -, I owe you a coke. Kane will retire one of the best if not THE best American born player ever, and he will never wear the C for Team USA, in the Olympics, World Championships, or World Cup.

All for the same reason. The desire to avoid the inevitable PR storm that would result.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
It doesn't matter whether you think he did it or not. What matters is that in the era of the #MeToo movement, you put a guy with a rape accusation and investigation on their record as the face and leader of your team, you are going to get ripped apart.

The Blackhawks, like most organizations, would sooner just avoid that.
They gave him an A not too long ago. I don't think the Hawks give a shit what people think about those accusations to be honest with you. They proved that already.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
They gave him an A not too long ago. I don't think the Hawks give a **** what people think about those accusations to be honest with you. They proved that already.

Honestly I think they may have learned from just how hard they were dragged over the coals that year.

We'll see.

I don't think it ever happens. I think they'd just as soon avoid ever going down that road again.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Kane won't get the C...he is the leader on the ice but not the guy in the locker room for that you need a dull boring person...and then you get thought of as classy.

Anyways the Hawks have celebrated players like Bobby Hull a wife beating terrible person who possibly has Nazi sympathies.

Not to forget Bob Probert a drug addict and criminal...

Reactions: Blackhawks

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Kane won't get the C...he is the leader on the ice but not the guy in the locker room for that you need a dull boring person...and then you get thought of as classy.

Anyways the Hawks have celebrated players like Bobby Hull a wife beating terrible person who possibly has Nazi sympathies.

Lol @ dull boring person, that’s so true, why is it always the quiet ones that get the “classy” staus, how about having a personality? Toews was made captain and I bet he didn’t say a word the first 3 years he was captain and was called Mr Serious cause he couldn’t take himself lightly... Kane was always chill though and I am sure he is more vocal and happy in the locker room bringing positive vibes. I just don’t get this love for Toews or Crosby for that matter as Crosby is even worse being shy and all. Toews did lead on the ice though with his work ethic and non quit attitude so he did deserve it but that’s long gone now so make the “alleged rapist” lmao the captain now so this team can get a kick in the butt and get to winning again.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

Where to begin .... yeeeesh! I can see you are one of those who like to cast stones from some kind of shaky moral high ground. First with Bobby ... none of us truly know what went on behind closed doors but who of us has never made a mistake due to loosing control at some point in our lives? Second with Bobby .... have you ever done any research on alternative or revisionist history of WWll? Even Churchill was known to have said that he was going to write history. People are so programmed in regards to the whole Nazi thing ... but I won't get into that as it's way to volatile! o_O .... and Probert now too?! One of these troubled enforcers who due to the pain they were living with ( brain trauma ) turned to substance abuse to cope and ended up dead due to these choices they made and now are being labeled addicts and criminals as if they are some kind of pariah?!
Yeah ... keep on casting those stones there buddy!
I really dont' get your obsessive hatred of Toews ... it has kind of gone beyond any semblance of just crazy anti fandom to well an insane, irritating obsession that probably has you with posters and pictures and stories of Toews all over your walls with scribbles and blotches and feverish meanderings written all over them .. and you hunched over your computer muttering things as you bob back and forth, back and forth, back and forth ... back and forth.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Where to begin .... yeeeesh! I can see you are one of those who like to cast stones from some kind of shaky moral high ground. First with Bobby ... none of us truly know what went on behind closed doors but who of us has never made a mistake due to loosing control at some point in our lives? Second with Bobby .... have you ever done any research on alternative or revisionist history of WWll? Even Churchill was known to have said that he was going to write history. People are so programmed in regards to the whole Nazi thing ... but I won't get into that as it's way to volatile! o_O .... and Probert now too?! One of these troubled enforcers who due to the pain they were living with ( brain trauma ) turned to substance abuse to cope and ended up dead due to these choices they made and now are being labeled addicts and criminals as if they are some kind of pariah?!
Yeah ... keep on casting those stones there buddy!
I really dont' get your obsessive hatred of Toews ... it has kind of gone beyond any semblance of just crazy anti fandom to well an insane, irritating obsession that probably has you with posters and pictures and stories of Toews all over your walls with scribbles and blotches and feverish meanderings written all over them .. and you hunched over your computer muttering things as you bob back and forth, back and forth, back and forth ... back and forth.

Wow...yeah none of us know what went on behind closed doors....except his wife...and his daughter...and several police and etc... Defending him is really a no sale he is just a terrible person like his beloved fuhrer

As for Probert he was a drug addict and he was arrested and did time in jail...sounds like a criminal to me.

With the defense you give those two it is no wonder you are still a Toews fanboy

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
LOL come on now, we all know that was a bunch of BS accusations and no one gives a crap about it but the SJW snowflakes who are just hating for the sake of hating, Kaner should be the captain, the only player to show up consistently these past 3 years...
Because he's the best player on the team? This isn't Bantam house league.

Kane forfeited his rights to be in the conversation of C when he decided to slug a cab driver, cause noise in the media and put himself in a situation for an alleged 'rape' conviction. Even his subtle actions such as his 'boozefest' on the first Cup parade. As long as Toews and Keith are on the team, Kane will not be wearing the C. He is, however, deserving of an A considering his exceptional maturing on and off the ice the last couple years.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Bobby Hull is a Blackhawk ambassador and for good reason ... did he have personal problems? Yes
Your answer? String him up .. it'll teach him a lesson. Belvoed Fuhrer! Alarmist are we?
Probert came to Chicago to finish off his career, and though he was here for a good 5 or 6 years he will always be known as a Redwing ... but sure it fits your agenda to find Hawks that are baaaaad to support your anti fandom ... whatever. Troubled, brain damaged people are criminals! Again String 'em up ... it'll teach him a lesson!
Personally I respect and admire Toews for what he has meant to the franchise .. he and Kaner helped to rise this club up from obscurity to that of a dynasty. Of course they had a tremendous supporting cast. He is struggling right now and has been for a few years .. I as a fan am unhappy about the current trend with Toews, Seabrook and even Keith .. but to constantly pipe in on this and the main board with your boring, incessant, obsessive nattering is beyond tedious.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Nah, personally, I think hockey is pretty far behind systemic misogyny and rape culture on the list of priorities. I think the Blackhawks would be smart not to invite the criticism on the latter due to some misbegotten attempt at addressing the former.

It was investigated. No charges were filed, and the police said the family falsified evidence, if I remember correctly. I’m certainly no fan of bro-culture, and I’ve been called a sjw and other pejoratives more times than I can count, but it’s well past the point where citing this accusation as if it had merit is grossly unfair.

Bobby Hull, on the other hand, should be banned from the organization.

Reactions: Ace Rothstein

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Just when I thought I had read everything....JD goes and pulls the "alleged rapist" card. Please give your head a shake. You know why nobody cares about that? Because it was fiction.

I know he's not a fan of Kane as a player, but this is a new low, even for him.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
Nah, personally, I think hockey is pretty far behind systemic misogyny and rape culture on the list of priorities. I think the Blackhawks would be smart not to invite the criticism on the latter due to some misbegotten attempt at addressing the former.

Bingo...especially because of Bobby Hull's history and the whole Shoot the Puck drama. Since they're pushing themselves to be family friendly I can't see anyone but a squeaky-clean player being named captain for the long haul nowadays--irrespective of whether or not he deserves it.

Granted, the allegation against Kane were proven baseless, but since when in the court of public opinion does that matter? It's a reflection of our society where the mere illusion of impropriety will kill ya.

Reactions: JaegerDice and LDF

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Yeah and I think he had it last year too. Or do I mix him up with Hossa, idk.

Interesting. So how hard were the Hawks dragged over the coals a few weeks ago?

I must have missed the coverage of all the protests outside the UC. I'll also go back and look for all the national columnists who called for the Hawks franchise to be shut down.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Bingo...especially because of Bobby Hull's history and the whole Shoot the Puck drama. Since they're pushing themselves to be family friendly I can't see anyone but a squeaky-clean player being named captain for the long haul nowadays--irrespective of whether or not he deserves it.

Granted, the allegation against Kane were proven baseless, but since when in the court of public opinion does that matter? It's a reflection of our society where the mere illusion of impropriety will kill ya.
wow !!! excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad