Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Toews had a bad game, no question. One of two or three he's had so far this season.

He's still been one of our better forwards overall this season, along with Saad, Panik and Debrincat.

Schmaltz had a good night, which was a good sign. Hopefully he trends up. Hopefully Kane does too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Toews had a bad game, no question. One of two or three he's had so far this season.

He's still been one of our better forwards overall this season, along with Saad, Panik and Debrincat.

Schmaltz had a good night, which was a good sign. Hopefully he trends up. Hopefully Kane does too.

Yeah on of the two or three LOL

Toews has not been one of our better forward and your continued defense of him at this point is laughable

10.5M to play the role of checking line C is not a positive

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014

Toews has not been one of our better forward and your continued defense of him at this point is laughable

There's no question Toews has been one of the best forwards on the team thus far this season, regardless of whether you go by the eye-test or the numbers.

Who pray tell, has been better to your eye than Toews, Saad and Panik thus far this season?

Other than Cat over the last little stretch, it's pretty clearly been those three heads and tails above the rest of the forwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: goldenbladz1

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Toews on pace for 50 points ...18 g 32 a ...this is good?

Saad on pace for 32 g and 14 a ...46 points vs.what Panarin produced for us. ..this is good?

I guess we are on pace for almost 40 scoring points less ...Tge Saad effect for Toews based on production seems to be negative production effect on Toews...not even on pace for 58 points which he managed then last 2 seasons without a "top" LW ...
So how can Toews be playing better with a pace of less production?
Toews has 4 stinking goals in 18HP ...yhat pacesvto just 18 goals which is disgraceful for a 2C being paid at $20?5 cap.
Even I'd Saad met his career high in assists (29) ..he is only on pace for 14a...So he is half the "helper" to Toews than the one they expected..How is this good?
Oh..I get it..you are now going to excuse the disappointing effect of Saad-Toews-Panik by blaming Panik! Yes..it is Panik's fault cause surely Toews and Saad are "good" ...our best forwards. .which if that is true then heaven help us.

Panzerspitze

Mar 4, 2010
Some even shit on Kero, for the team's struggle, when it's been clear as day for two seasons plus it's on the coach and the overpaid "core".

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

No, BWC. Your continued trashing of Toews is what is laughable. Yeah, is his production where we want it? No. But that doesn't change the fact that if you watch the games, he has been our best forward. You want to rag on someone for being invisible? Direct your criticism at 88. The guy has done virtually nothing since the 10-1 blowout of Pittsburgh. Kane has been our worst forward this season from game 2 on, and nobody talks about trading him? Why? See how ridiculous this is? Is Kane a 10.5 M albatross? I suggest you DVR games and watch them when you can't instead of looking at a stat sheet. The production will come, because Toews is getting chances and not finishing. The whole team sucks right now, but look at the rosters of the teams in the division and the only forward groups you can make an argument for being more talented than the Hawks are Nashville and Winnipeg. But they are right there with them. The Hawks need a new voice in the Locker Room because every coach has his shelf life, and Q seems to be past his.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
No, BWC. Your continued trashing of Toews is what is laughable. Yeah, is his production where we want it? No. But that doesn't change the fact that if you watch the games, he has been our best forward. You want to rag on someone for being invisible? Direct your criticism at 88. The guy has done virtually nothing since the 10-1 blowout of Pittsburgh. Kane has been our worst forward this season from game 2 on, and nobody talks about trading him? Why? See how ridiculous this is? Is Kane a 10.5 M albatross? I suggest you DVR games and watch them when you can't instead of looking at a stat sheet. The production will come, because Toews is getting chances and not finishing. The whole team sucks right now, but look at the rosters of the teams in the division and the only forward groups you can make an argument for being more talented than the Hawks are Nashville and Winnipeg. But they are right there with them. The Hawks need a new voice in the Locker Room because every coach has his shelf life, and Q seems to be past his.

Toews been the best forward? Laughable, although his game has been better so far if he doesn't start producing soon it wont be the case anymore

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well here bis another excuse for Toews...he is not the only high paid star who is struggling.:

Sidney Crosby 11 game goal drought
...just 5G (1 more than Toews) but -14
..so be thankful. ..bad as Toews has been ..he is not as horrible as Did so far this season.

Ryan Johansen
..Nashvilke Gabe him $8 million per for yr deal...He is rewarding them with Zero goals so far and only 8assists and is -3..

So the Toews excuses have found more ammo to defend #19 ...If other high-priced "stars" are struggling ..well he bis only human too,right?Except he has disappointed 2 straight seasons before this ..the others at least are oit 3 straight seasons of disappointed ting ..so Toews O think owes the fans a much better seadon...I cannot give him another excuse ...for a 3rd straight season. .so do not give me the but look at Crosby or Johansen excuses ..Toews is to be judged not by others but against his own standards of "normal" when he was called a star even if the offense was only 70 points-is ..being on pace for just 50 points as he is now is beyond disappointing..it is disturbing..He told us he changed his training off season regime to get faster and impact more non offense...yet despite that and getting him his missing LW on Saad..he is trending even lower in offense! WTF!!!!

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
No.

Why on Earth would you think that? Just cause he had a great game?

By that logic, Forsling is now our 1D and Debrincat is now our best winger.
Well, when #2 plays like Deron Quint and #44 plays like Dany Richmond... :P

Seriously though you're correct, but I'd think with Goose, El Gato, and Ani playing at their current levels they gotta at least start getting more icetime.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He just has no energy. He looks slow and weak most games. I still think his diet is partially to blame for this...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
We found a solution to Toews energy problem and ineffectiveness !!! SEE his new Toewster Toaster Commercial for Canadian Tire in which he is trying to sell this special toaster and promo that Canadian Tire is running in conjuction with the launch. .His face is plastered o the toaster. .but Toews reveals that he "doesn't even eat Bread!!!" WELL FOLKS...now we know the root cause of his words. ..who can operate with energy if they do not even eat "the staff of life"?...who can earn the bread without eating this food himself?

Clearly ...BREAD DEFICIENCY is a root cause for Toews decline ...too much reliance on Smoothies has made his game soft and mushy ...Mam needs Bread and Red Meat ...if he is going h to hock products for Canadian Tire perhaps he ought to use them as intended..Toasters for Toasting Bread ...then show him eating the toast ...yum! AND in summer perhaps hocking Barbecue contraptions and then devouring the steaks burgers and dogs he Cookson them..Drop the Dmoties..they are killing your Game ,Toews !!!! He has gone to the healthy Wuss diet and it has ruined his hockey effectiveness ..though I must say he is acting in Grade A fashion with a penchant for comedy in those commercials..Probably should retire from hockey and go sell Smoothie blenders with Coach Q on tge Shipping Channel or go Hollywood into full-time acting in comedy films ..anything but continue cascade 2C faded star at $10.5 for the Blackhawks ..

If Toews put as much enthusiasm and ENERGY into his hockey as he displays in the excellently acted commercial work he gets paid for. .we would have no complaints ...would you by a toaster or a Chevy from this guy?Of course! Would you pay $309 to watch an excruciatingly ineffective non-starry game of hockey from Toews. .I hope not..you are being robbed if you do !

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
He changed his diet early in his career.

"My first or second season in the NHL were just an absolute struggle," Toews said. "I was getting sick a lot, not sleeping, puking before games and the list goes on and on. It was just a struggle to not just perform but to play and have a happy lifestyle away from the rink."
Toews had to figure out what was happening. The answer was in his diet. After consulting with nutritionists, Toews made a radical change.

Toews' mother, Andree Gilbert, said he was lactose intolerant from a young age but now his body was having a negative reaction to gluten and certain kinds of protein.

"A lot of people look at the whole gluten-free movement as some kind of cult-like craze, but it was something that made a huge difference in my life," Toews said. "Not everybody needs to take it as extremely as I did, but that was the beginning of what made me realize how what I was eating (had an impact). What I was putting into my body was preying on my health."

What drives Jonathan Toews? Let's start with the sleepovers

The only difference now is that he talks more about it, which has allowed fans to fixate on it.

And I doubt very many hockey players eat a ton of bread, since it's all processed sugars and shit carbs. Even the best, healthiest breads don't have a ton of nutrients your body makes use of.

Last edited:

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
He just has no energy. He looks slow and weak most games. I still think his diet is partially to blame for this...

He did not look powerful last night. I was at the game and watched him all over the ice.

I don't know if it's concussion related, diet related, played too much hockey, has had too much success already, too much salary...

The guy out there now, stats aside, is not a guy you would sign for 10.5M.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He did not look powerful last night. I was at the game and watched him all over the ice.

I don't know if it's concussion related, diet related, played too much hockey, has had too much success already, too much salary...

The guy out there now, stats aside, is not a guy you would sign for 10.5M.

With the new NHL we might start seeing players take 5-10 games off each regular season like the NBA. While 5-10 games seems like very little it would be amazing for their bodies to be able to recover at times.

Players like Toews, Kopitar, Matthews, etc. who play a heavier game might need more than a Kane type player.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
He changed his diet early in his career.

What drives Jonathan Toews? Let's start with the sleepovers

The only difference now is that he talks more about it, which has allowed fans to fixate on it.

And I doubt very many hockey players eat a ton of bread, since it's all processed sugars and **** carbs. Even the best, healthiest breads don't have a ton of nutrients your body makes use of.

Whether it's mental, physical, diet related, complacency...it really doesn't matter. Whatever he's doing, it isn't working, and at his salary, he better f***ing figure it out, or the Hawks are done.

He's lost his explosiveness, his power, his speed... Even that wicked release he used to have on his snap shot is gone... He takes forever to release his shots now, and they lack any kind of zip...

He looks FATIGUED just about every game I watch him play. How many hockey players do you know, that aren't battling a disease, have pretty much all of their attributes tank at once? It's pretty much unheard of. As a shooter, your release is typically the LAST thing to go.

As someone that has played the game for 30+ years now, he looks to me like a hockey player that just doesn't have the juice to do what he needs to do. He looks like guys look in the third period, when they have a 2 man bench, and are exhausted from playing the whole game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad