Rumor: Jonathan Huberdeau not a happy camper with the way he was traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
When a 25 year old power forward gets over 100 points, they're a superstar.

You should have better things to do than gatekeep the word "superstar".

The title is reserved for guys who are really good at hockey. Tkachuk is really good. No use getting bent out of shape over something so silly.
I didn't mention the word superstar originally, especially when referring to MT...the only one bent out of shape is you, I was just pointing out that Huberdeau will out score MT again guess he is an elite superstar then ???? What is the league MVP a super super star???? There are only a handful of players that can and should be called that. Mt isn't there and mya never be....schools out

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Superstar?? Come on now....Those titles are reserved for the mcdavids , crosbys, ovies, makars, ....MT is a star but huberdeau still outscores him this season

Huberdeau will probably outscore him. "Superstar" doesn't have a literal specific meaning and it gets used for players who aren't MVP level all the time, you're just making stuff up.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Uhh there are no beaches.....
the Panthers arena is right on the border of the Everglades, where there are alligators and crocodiles.

1200px-BB%26TCenterAerial.jpg

Damn didn't know players had to live five feet away from their arena, sucks to sign in Florida I guess.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Sucks to sign in Florida, I know. But no state taxes so.

Having lived in California for several years and been to South Florida several times ... if you got money, South Florida is nicer.

Better beaches, cleaner air, better water, even better night life unless you are into very specific niche shit.

Reactions: JKG33 and Laus723

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
I didn't mention the word superstar originally, especially when referring to MT...the only one bent out of shape is you, I was just pointing out that Huberdeau will out score MT again guess he is an elite superstar then ???? What is the league MVP a super super star???? There are only a handful of players that can and should be called that. Mt isn't there and mya never be....schools out
Okay stay bent out of shape.

So bizarre to be furious that a 100 point player could be called a superstar.

Huberdeau is also a superstar

I encourage you not to get so upset about such an innocent comment. You'll live longer.

Reactions: Laus723

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Huberdeau will probably outscore him. "Superstar" doesn't have a literal specific meaning and it gets used for players who aren't MVP level all the time, you're just making stuff up.
Wrong....superstar does have a meaning especially within the intelligent hockey world...you can call Alex kerfoot a supertstar if you want 😉 but your not right. The term used within the hockey community refers to spefic players who have or will achieve sustained greatness . This is reserved for less than 2 percent of the NHL total manpower. You won't hear NHL level GM refer to average NHL defenders as superstars will you ??? NO...by labeling a player who is just a star as a susperstar is just purely ones own fan base or personal preference trying to to squeeze everything out of thay player ...

Current NHL superstars but not limited to

1. Mcdavid
2. Crosby
3. Ovie
4. Makar
5. Matthews
6. Leon D ( getting there )
7. Hedman ( border)
8. Mackinnon ( on route )

And huberdeau still outscore MT.....

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Okay stay bent out of shape.

So bizarre to be furious that a 100 point player could be called a superstar.

Huberdeau is also a superstar

I encourage you not to get so upset about such an innocent comment. You'll live longer.
Who is upset Ringo??? Pointing out your shortcomings doenst make one upset , it actually benefits us all!!! Again huberdeau outscores MT and even he is on the cusp at best ...throwing the same term out that describes substianed greatness is silly....the real super superstars probably could probably care less but the intelligent hockey world knows better.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Who is upset Ringo??? Pointing out your shortcomings doenst make one upset , it actually benefits us all!!! Again huberdeau outscores MT and even he is on the cusp at best ...throwing the same term out that describes substianed greatness is silly....the real super superstars probably could probably care less but the intelligent hockey world knows better.
This is so sad.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Okay Paul Blart, the mall cop.

Ackchyualllllly that's not a superstar.
Maybe your starting to get it Inspector Gadget......or maybe not ......under a point per game average , only once over 40, only twice over 30, superstars at 24, had MVP and scoring titles ( mario) , Stanley cup ( crosby) , multiple mvp and art Ross ( mcdavid) , rockets ( ovie) , etc etc these are susperstars gadget.....whew

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Maybe your starting to get it Inspector Gadget......or maybe not ......under a point per game average , only once over 40, only twice over 30, superstars at 24, had MVP and scoring titles ( mario) , Stanley cup ( crosby) , multiple mvp and art Ross ( mcdavid) , rockets ( ovie) , etc etc these are susperstars gadget.....whew
I can’t believe this is what you have turned a thread into.

Reactions: Bevans

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Wrong....superstar does have a meaning especially within the intelligent hockey world...you can call Alex kerfoot a supertstar if you want 😉 but your not right. The term used within the hockey community refers to spefic players who have or will achieve sustained greatness . This is reserved for less than 2 percent of the NHL total manpower. You won't hear NHL level GM refer to average NHL defenders as superstars will you ??? NO...by labeling a player who is just a star as a susperstar is just purely ones own fan base or personal preference trying to to squeeze everything out of thay player ...

1. Mcdavid
2. Crosby
3. Ovie
4. Makar
5. Matthews
7. Hedman ( border)

This is completely made up. They're just words that mean whatever the person using them feels like they mean. Over 1100 players played in the NHL last year. 2% is 22 players. Not sure what your obsession with bringing up Huberdeau outscoring Tkachuk is. Doesn't have anything to do with anything I've said.

Edit: Okay, I've argued with an incoherent pedant with the screen name "jerkbait." At 30, I've become everything I've spent 20 years laughing at online. I hate myself.

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
This is completely made up. They're just words that mean whatever the person using them feels like they mean. Over 1100 players played in the NHL last year. 2% is 22 players. Not sure what your obsession with bringing up Huberdeau outscoring Tkachuk is. Doesn't have anything to do with anything I've said.

Edit: Okay, I've argued with an incoherent pedant with the screen name "jerkbait." At 30, I've become everything I've spent 20 years laughing at online. I hate myself.
I've learned that anyone who has to use ..... constantly, isn't worth my time. We do try to see and hope for the best in people. Don't be too tough on yourself, man.

Reactions: zodiacbiller

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Calgary should send him a 8x10M extension right now.

Honestly Huberdeau would have to think twice before rejecting that.
Huberdeau is good but it is hard to imagine him being worth $10 million per season in his mid to late thirties (though maybe that was your point.)

dman34

May 6, 2011

1. Mcdavid
2. Crosby
3. Ovie
4. Makar
5. Matthews
7. Hedman ( border)

Thanks tips :thumbu:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Huberdeau is good but it is hard to imagine him being worth $10 million per season in his mid to late thirties (though maybe that was your point.)

You're probably right. Huberdeau may end up becoming a gypsy scoring forward for a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad