Rumor: Jonathan Huberdeau not a happy camper with the way he was traded

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucaseider

Apr 15, 2006
mactown
You mean the overarching war between Britain and France that spilled over into the US and Canada? Status quo for European nations in that era. The truly horrific crimes and cultural erasure were committed against Indigenous populations and it isn't even close. It is kind of funny that Quebecois culture is so decimated that French is an official language in Canada.
Ya, hard to feel like French culture is decimated when it was mandatory to learn French in school here in Calgary.

Reactions: TML1990

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Walsh comes off as a real jackass there. It's not like Florida had the option to keep Huberdeau and acquire Tkachuk if they had more cap space, they had to trade quality to get quality. He fights hard to get every penny for his clients and then complains that there isn't enough money for other players. There is a hard cap, it's good for the league and it's not going away. Get used to it Allan.

MarkyMarkov

Jan 31, 2010
The raping and pillaging and murdering didn't happen in 1961. So your still pissed off about what happened over two hundred years ago? I would assume you hold britain up for that as well? Since it was actually them and france that were fighting over canada? For you to say what happened to alberta was "just a few billion here and there" is a typical eastern attitude when it comes to something like the national energy program, which literally had thousands of people lose everything, including families losing people to suicide and divorce. Why? So that Trudeau Sr. Could give more and more and more to his home province of Quebec. His liberals did more to separate this country than everyone else combined.

Leaving aside the Engish, French, Natives debates (which is complex and I partly agree with both of you), it's hilarious that Westerners portray themselves as supremely oppressed simply because they have to make equalization payments. We live in a federation, get over it and stop whining like a little baby. You think because there happens to be oil in Alberta that the province alone should benefit from it? You guys don't even pay provincial taxes so spare me your sob story.

Sinistril

Oct 26, 2008
Leaving aside the Engish, French, Natives debates (which is complex and I partly agree with both of you), it's hilarious that Westerners portray themselves as supremely oppressed simply because they have to make equalization payments. We live in a federation, get over it and stop whining like a little baby. You think because there happens to be oil in Alberta that the province alone should benefit from it? You guys don't even pay provincial taxes so spare me your sob story.
If other provinces aren't using their resources to the best of their abilities and, in fact, elect politicians that impede the West's ability to use their resources, then yes, absolutely Alberta alone should benefit from it.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Jonny Huberdeau should be able to command Johnny Hockey's deal of $9.75M over eight years. I'd count on it.
He will definitely get that. That's the whole reason Florida traded him. It sounds like he wanted more than Barkov's 10M, and Zito wasn't going to do that, especially at 30 years old.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Don’t necessarily disagree, but I’ll leave some of my reservations on that issue to myself. I do find it funny though when provinces within this federation take issue with Alberta developing its resources and trying to get the product to market… it is for the benefit of Canada after all.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It’s a business and he’ll have to get over it.
I agree with this 100 percent. It is a business.

But i also understand why he would be upset on a personal level....going from your primary residence in Florida on the water to Calgary. ugh that would be terrible. I mean the mountain views are nice but if your a hot weather/beach type person what a kick in the nuts lol.

oh well. one year of renting an condo, playing your ass off then hopefully signing with Tampa on the cheap to get back to his preferred lifestyle lol

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
That chart doesn't tell the whole story, as they will still get lows in the -30s C, and could get to -40s (which is the same in fahrenheit). However, even in Edmonton, the amount of days that are truly awful are measured in weeks, not months. Most of the winter is pleasant weather once you dress up for it. The average lows even for Edmonton from December-March are still just -14, -16, -13, -8. (in degrees fahrenheit that's 7, 3, 9, 18). And yes it is a lot of sunshine in these months. When the temperature is bad you stay in. It's not the best but people hide from heat in Arizona and I doubt it's much better.

There was someone on here that said that spring made him have to leave, and that actually has more truth to it than the idea that winters will scare you. The spring is ugly, wet and grey until it greens up.
It's also how little daylight you get. I've seen that complained about in another field where people have mobility.. Basically, people not only hate the cold, but the fact you leave for work when it's dark out and get home from work when it's dark out during the winter months.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
He’s not wrong?

Don’t know what your issue is. Alberta has some great nature, and Calgary can fit that fold of “beautiful too”.
Lived in Inglewood for 5 years and elbow valley for a year its really not last place i would wanna live in canada but i havent visited Winnipeg

That being said im a city boy i like places like Montreal/Toronto and Calgary doesnt even come close maybe if i liked looking at mountains and trees but other then that no

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Lived in Inglewood for 5 years and elbow valley for a year its really not last place i would wanna live in canada but i havent visited Winnipeg

That being said im a city boy i like places like Montreal/Toronto and Calgary doesnt even come close maybe if i liked looking at mountains and trees but other then that no
That’s all fine and dandy. Anecdotes are not definitive however, and many people do find what Alberta has to offer to be a food experience.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the big city at times too. Visiting places like Toronto and Montreal and New York is a super fun experience. Living there… maybe not for me.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
He will definitely get that. That's the whole reason Florida traded him. It sounds like he wanted more than Barkov's 10M, and Zito wasn't going to do that, especially at 30 years old.
Not to quibble, but he's 29 and won't be 30 until after the end of next season (or in the middle of a Calgary Stanley Cup run). His birthday is June 4.

But his new contract would kick in at 30 so right you are.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Not to quibble, but he's 29 and won't be 30 until after the end of next season (or in the middle of a Calgary Stanley Cup run). His birthday is June 4.

But his new contract would kick in at 30 so right you are.
That's what I mean, Zito wasn't giving a 30 year old that kind of money for 8 years.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Matthew Tkachuk is probably both a legitimate superstar and also the most overrated player in hockey lol.
Superstar?? Come on now....Those titles are reserved for the mcdavids , crosbys, ovies, makars, ....MT is a star but huberdeau still outscores him this season

Reactions: Paper Bag

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Maybe The Kraken, Devils or Sabres but I can’t see a contender giving a 30 YO( at UFA) a 8 year deal… not even sure they can, I thought 6 years was the max for UFA
8yrs if you re-sign with your existing team, 7yrs is the max if you sign elsewhere in free agency

Reactions: kings11

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Superstar?? Come on now....Those titles are reserved for the mcdavids , crosbys, ovies, makars, ....MT is a star but huberdeau still outscores him this season
When a 25 year old power forward gets over 100 points, they're a superstar.

You should have better things to do than gatekeep the word "superstar".

The title is reserved for guys who are really good at hockey. Tkachuk is really good. No use getting bent out of shape over something so silly.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Uhh there are no beaches.....
the Panthers arena is right on the border of the Everglades, where there are alligators and crocodiles.

1200px-BB%26TCenterAerial.jpg
Do they are cars in Florida?

• Haha
Reactions: MaWa

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Sounds kind of like going in to see your boss to ask for a raise and he/she says they will think about it and get back to you...
Then a couple of weeks later he/she fires you. I think that would surprise and shock most of us.
In this case Zito beat him to the punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad