Jonathan Drouin vs William Nylander

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Try reading what I actually posted. What I'm claiming is trying to be educated by a Leaf hater about a Leaf player I watch using data with no context is humorous.

Who the **** said anything about "justifying a vote"? People can vote for whoever they want.

You voted for Nylander and that was responded by stats pointing out why you shouldn't. You go on and rant about people hating on the Leafs and how they don't watch enough Nylander. The context here is not just about Nylander, it's Nylander versus Drouin.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
You voted for Nylander and that was responded by stats pointing out why you shouldn't. You go on and rant about people hating on the Leafs and how they don't watch enough Nylander. The context here is not just about Nylander, it's Nylander versus Drouin.
The bolded is the only accurate thing you've posted. The rest is you making a story.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Drouin 10 pts in 11 games playing with..........
Nylander 8 pts in 13 games playing with .......
You fill in the blanks and let us know who plays with better linemates and why that player isn't producing as much as the other.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Until Drouin actually has a single season better than Nylander, this is Nylander. He's even got one extra season in the books and still hasn't had a season as good as Willy.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Until Drouin actually has a single season better than Nylander, this is Nylander. He's even got one extra season in the books and still hasn't had a season as good as Willy.

He literally outscored Nylander last season.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
2018 season
Nylander 27 pts
Drouin 53 pts
Now everyone,wait for the excuses.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Did last year not happen or are Leafs fans trying to just completely forget about the past?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin had his own advantages - namely noticeably more average icetime per game.
Nylander in his first season(unless you want to count his 22 game stint a season) averaged 16 minutes of ice time while Drouin averaged 13 minutes in his first year.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Drouin had his own advantages - namely noticeably more average icetime per game.
By more average ice time per game, do you mean the average of 4 more seconds per game he gets.
Man that is some huge advantage.:laugh:
Drouin-Career Average ice time-----16.19
Nylander-Career Average ice time---16.15
I guess it's back to the drawing board looking for more excuses.

Last edited:

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
By more average ice time per game, do you mean the average of 4 more seconds per game he gets.
Man that is some huge advantage.:laugh:
Drouin-Career Average ice time-----16.19
Nylander-Career Average ice time---16.15
I guess it's back to the drawing board looking for more excuses.

It's interesting that you look at career results for TOI comparisons, but only this year and last year for points results...then you call it out as "excuses".

They are pretty close. If I am taking in total careers (including international play), I think Nylander is the better player and has a higher ceiling...but I would say Drouin has faced more adversity with the whole Tampa situation, so his potential could be getting underrated.

I would trade either for Sergachev, in a heartbeat.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I'm talking having a better season than Nylander's best seasons, but I can see how my post could be read the way you answered.

OP clearly states who you're taking forward - not who had a better season 2 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad