Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Trust me bro Edition

What's going on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
Most of his points are garbage freebies points. take last night. can you honestly say he had an impact on Weber and Anderson's goal ? go look at the highlights....he has zero contribution to the play. he just happened to have touched the puck before someone else made the play. the stats are very deceiving. he is a coaster , not a gamebreaker

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Most of his points are garbage freebies points. take last night. can you honestly say he had an impact on Weber and Anderson's goal ? go look at the highlights....he has zero contribution to the play. he just happened to have touched the puck before someone else made the play. the stats are very deceiving. he is a coaster , not a gamebreaker

And sometime he made a great pass and the other player didn't score (Like Romanov yesterday). That's hockey ! Every player even McDavid/Crosby has assist where they didn't make the big pass

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Drouin so up and down. Some days he looks good and some days he looks horrible. The inconsistency is why he never lived up to his draft position.

Another reason is that he needs to be in a perfect environment do well. Suzuki and Anderson are perfect linemates for him. He’s not like his junior teammate MacKinnon who can do it with anyone.

If he stays consistent on a line with Suzuki and Anderson I guess there’s no true reason to trade him but his time in Montreal has been really disappointing. He’s the third wheel on that line when he was supposed to be our best forward when we traded for him.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

We should take away Romanov’s first career goal because it was a garbage freebie.

A point is a point. It means he was implicated in some fashion.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What I like from Drouin this year is that he doesn’t hesitate to go battle behind the opponent’s net, and when he has the the puck there, it’s easy for a talented player like him to do a long pass to unbalance the opposition’s defence, as we’ve seen on the Weber goal or on the Romanov wrist shot

Let’s hope he keeps it up

We don’t play Ovechkin this year

Having Anderson on his line may have given his some courage that he lacked.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

On Anderson's goal he saw Nesterov was pinching so he quickly chipped it out which led to a 2 on 1. On Weber's goal he got it to the open man in Petry instead of a closer pass to Suzuki who had a man close to him on the half boards.

Those types of plays are why he has been more effective this year, instead of holding onto the puck and trying to do things himself, he is making more quick passes which are helping create more offensive opportunities for his linemates.

Woland

Mar 10, 2007
Montreal
Hilarious to see the haters starve from lack of evidence to feed their confirmation bias. People are so locked into the anti-Drouin narrative that they don't realize how foolish they look with their gripes. Kid is great and always has been.
Hilarious to see his fanboys praise him despite the fact that he is far from being the player they wish he was.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Don't forget how hard it can be for a French Canadian player who is there with high expectation and to produce. Bergevin said it a couple of times in interviews before the season that Drouin was maybe not ready to take all the pressure he had and that he's a sensitive guy who took the critic personally. Now he's more mature and he know what to expect from the MTL market so let see if we can see the real JD for the total season

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drouin had been playing very well. Hopefully now that he has matured he stays consistent.

If the Habs are too scared to extend Tatar and Danault cause of the bridge deals to Suzuki, KK, Romanov, we are going to gut our 3 line attack and Drouin (and others) will be affected. Drouin is not a line driver but he does fit our new team this year because other teams can focus on just two lines.

I'm a fan of Drouin and I'm hope the Habs continue to maintain our 3 line attack.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I did not say he was good at it. But it seemed to me that he enjoyed playing and shooting from the left side. Like he was begging to be a left winger. Now that he is one, he doesn't shoot anymore.

ah, i see, we're talking about different things. I was saying he's always been a better playmaker than scorer.

Manon Rheaume

Oct 21, 2015

And you are a hater, not a thinker.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
i hate when Leafs fan come here to troll. You should edit your nickname with whoreland , it would be more representative of this message

Reactions: Dutronc and Redux91

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
On Anderson's goal he saw Nesterov was pinching so he quickly chipped it out which led to a 2 on 1. On Weber's goal he got it to the open man in Petry instead of a closer pass to Suzuki who had a man close to him on the half boards.

Those types of plays are why he has been more effective this year, instead of holding onto the puck and trying to do things himself, he is making more quick passes which are helping create more offensive opportunities for his linemates.
Exactly. Drouin is really good to make that kind of play. He will easily attract a player to him and make a pass who gonna make a 2 vs 1 or an opportunity to score.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Drouin so up and down. Some days he looks good and some days he looks horrible. The inconsistency is why he never lived up to his draft position.

Another reason is that he needs to be in a perfect environment do well. Suzuki and Anderson are perfect linemates for him. He’s not like his junior teammate MacKinnon who can do it with anyone.

If he stays consistent on a line with Suzuki and Anderson I guess there’s no true reason to trade him but his time in Montreal has been really disappointing. He’s the third wheel on that line when he was supposed to be our best forward when we traded for him.

I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

With the Habs, it's hard to argue that Drouin ever had a "good" environment before this year. He's been used mostly with 3rd liners without the speed and IQ to play with him or out of position.

To think Suzuki and Anderson are "perfect", without giving any credit to Drouin himself for contributing to his line is a bit ridiculous. Not one of these players has a proven track record of scoring more than 50 pts.

"Perfect"

Reactions: Dutronc

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Dru is playing well, competing and producing..... that's all I need to see.

Doesn't matter what he's done or not done in the past, it's what is he doing now that matters.

Reactions: Saxon and ChikN

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think people are forgetting that Drouin played great at the start of last year too. He was engaged defensively, made smart plays...etc. Julien forcing him back when he wasn't ready made him play like shit.

That being said, if Drouin excels this year and we can trade him for a good top 4 dman in the offseason, we should probably do it.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad