Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
What the **** man.

I've officially heard it all now. Gakchenyuk's near PPG production as a center in his ~30 game stretch in 2016 was all fake news guys. It didn't really happen. It was all just a collective delusion apparently. He actually sucked and didn't put up any points at all.
Points, Points,Points... Something new?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Man you're only looking at those damn points, let's be honest here!

No, i'm not. Drouin looked like one of the worst centers i've ever seen in my days watching hockey last season. He was terrible at every aspect of the position. At least Galchenyuk was passable in everything except the defensive zone. Drouin was even god awful in the offensive zone as a center. For an offensive guy, that's just embarrassing.

It has nothing to do with stats, even though they heavily support Galchenyuk anyway. Drouin just looked f***ing disgraceful at center. He looked like he didn't even want to be on the ice half the time.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
What the **** man.

I've officially heard it all now. Gakchenyuk's near PPG production as a center in his ~30 game stretch in 2016 was all fake news guys. It didn't really happen. It was all just a collective delusion apparently. He actually sucked and didn't put up any points at all.
Not taking any sides in this debate...but just want to point out

Galchenyuk's last 30 games of the 2015-2016 season saw him put up 26pts in the last 30 games

Drouin's last 30 games of the 2017-2018 season saw him put up 20pts in his last 30 games

I despise these Galchenyuk vs Drouin debates...but we shouldn't read into small samples, for anyone really...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No, i'm not. Drouin looked like one of the worst centers i've ever seen in my days watching hockey last season. He was terrible at every aspect of the position. At least Galchenyuk was passable in everything except the defensive zone. Drouin was even god awful in the offensive zone as a center. For an offensive guy, that's just embarrassing.

It has nothing to do with stats, even though they heavily support Galchenyuk anyway. Drouin just looked ****ing disgraceful at center. He looked like he didn't even want to be on the ice half the time.
Lets just agree to disagree. :thumbu:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You’ve got to be kidding me coming at me with this comment. How many times have I come in and caught you purposely posting incorrect stats to try and pump up your arguments. Take your own advice.
Oh really? You could probably easily demonstrate what you're talking about right? ...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Oh really? You could probably easily demonstrate what you're talking about right? ...

Yes I will demonstrate. I remember you purposely giving out misinformation on Drouin-Galchenyuk’s EV/PP point splits when you were debating with another poster about EV production. And you couldn’t claim ignorance on that post either because it wasn’t just a small error, it wasn’t even close. None of the totals added up at all. You also went on some rant on how Galchenyuk wasn’t a winger under Therrien and had 60 games played at the position last season when multiple posters tried to tell you that you were wrong. The list could go on Belial. You call Galchenyuk a golden child because the fans who used to bash him started to wake up and see the mishandling and clear favouritism that’s been going on and shifted their distaste to Drouin, who hasn’t proved to be an inferior player in any way as of today. I’m guessing you don’t like that to much because it makes management, which you very openly defend, look terrible.

Last edited:

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Drouin is a winger...big time...did he played there last year ? not at all.

With Drouin it's all about explosion. He is doing nothing and then within 3 seconds..he is coming off wing and he either shoots the puck with a quick release or he is making a nice move on the dman.

at center..it's not his game at all.

The pens are my second favorite team and 2 years ago he scared the s...out of me during the playoffs with his explosion.......sometimes Letang and Dumoulin were like Cônes oranges in front of him

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes I will demonstrate. I remember you purposely giving out misinformation on Drouin-Galchenyuk’s EV/PP point splits when you were debating with another poster. And you couldn’t claim ignorance on that post either because it wasn’t just a small error, it wasn’t even close. None of the totals added up at all. You also went on some rant on how Galchenyuk wasn’t a winger under Therrien and he had just about 60 games played at the position last season when multiple posters tried to tell you that you were wrong. The list could go on Belial. You call Galchenyuk a golden child because the fans who used to bash him started to wake up and see the mishandling and the clear favouritism that’s going on and shifted their distaste to Drouin, who hasn’t proved to be an inferior player in any way as of today. I’m guessing you don’t like that to much because it makes management, which you very openly defend, look terrible.

So you have nothing as always?

And yes Chucky played at center a ton under Therrien the worst coach in the universe :facepalm:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
They were posted above. Galchenyuk is more productive per game and per time of ice and better at face offs than Drouin.

I know I'm right but I'm not even gonna try to deflect with stats.

What I'm going to do is ask you if you really think you have more hockey knowledge than Julien?

Before the whole appeal to authority nonsense I'm going to ask again " Do you have more knowledge than Julien?"

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I know I'm right but I'm not even gonna try to deflect with stats.

What I'm going to do is ask you if you really think you have more hockey knowledge than Julien?

Before the whole appeal to authority nonsense I'm going to ask again " Do you have more knowledge than Julien?"

On that particular point, yes. Unless his hand is forced, which I suspect, which would explain why a knowledgeable coach doesnt play the superior center at center even if it defies logic.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Not taking any sides in this debate...but just want to point out

Galchenyuk's last 30 games of the 2015-2016 season saw him put up 26pts in the last 30 games

Drouin's last 30 games of the 2017-2018 season saw him put up 20pts in his last 30 games

I despise these Galchenyuk vs Drouin debates...but we shouldn't read into small samples, for anyone really...

Pro-rate thats 71 points vs 55 which I think everyone would agree is actually a pretty big difference.

It's also worth noting Galchenyuk was producing like that even as a rookie when used at center. Add up every game he played at center and he had probably over 100 games and produced at around that rate (I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were posted at various times).

Now you're right it's dumb to make this a Drouin vs Galchenyuk. Though I think a lot of that is too point out the hypocrisy in how they were treated by the coach/team.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Pro-rate thats 71 points vs 55 which I think everyone would agree is actually a pretty big difference.

It's also worth noting Galchenyuk was producing like that even as a rookie when used at center. Add up every game he played at center and he had probably over 100 games and produced at around that rate (I don't remember the exact numbers, but they were posted at various times).

Now you're right it's dumb to make this a Drouin vs Galchenyuk. Though I think a lot of that is too point out the hypocrisy in how they were treated by the coach/team.
Yes it's a pretty significant difference...

But not so significant with context.

But I digress

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

It has nothing to do with stats, even though they heavily support Galchenyuk anyway. Drouin just looked ****ing disgraceful at center. He looked like he didn't even want to be on the ice half the time.

:rolleyes:

Never in the history of 30 game stretches has a 30 game stretch ever meant so much.

Reactions: 417
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad