Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - So comman Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Galchenyuk's success at center was fake!

Galchenyuk once scored 30 goals playing a bunch of games at center .. But we said those games didn't matter because there was no pressure since we were out of a playoffs spot. Valid point but same can be said that Drouin's production in the last 30 games of this season.

It's funny that you say everyone in this world is bias except you, that you hold the absolute truth about Galchenyuk never having success at center.. Let me remind you this in case you missed the last time.

Start of season 16-17, Galchenyuk played center all (or almost) those games. Before he got injured.

25 games: 9 goals-14 assists-23 pts. +9

Right.. you will say points doesn't matter.. Well the team was 17-6-2..

Galchenyuk was one of the best C in the league and the Habs were also one of the best team in the league as well. Galchenyuk's success (as a center) CONTRIBUTED to the team success and we made it to the playoffs. So it's not just about points. The team won with Galchenyuk as a first center. The first stint that Galchenyuk was used as a center the team was 9-1-2. Galchenyuk is the last center that had REAL success with Pacioretty. I'm almost certain the team record in the last 3 years with Galchenyuk at center is better than than Galchenyuk as a winger.. or Drouin as a center.

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I know I'm right but I'm not even gonna try to deflect with stats.

What I'm going to do is ask you if you really think you have more hockey knowledge than Julien?

Before the whole appeal to authority nonsense I'm going to ask again " Do you have more knowledge than Julien?"

So, you agree with everything Julien has ever done in his career ?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I know I'm right but I'm not even gonna try to deflect with stats.

What I'm going to do is ask you if you really think you have more hockey knowledge than Julien?

Before the whole appeal to authority nonsense I'm going to ask again " Do you have more knowledge than Julien?"

Do you really think there's a 0% chance that a fan could be right and an NHL coach could be wrong?

I mean seriously, even complete idiots can be right sometimes and the experts wrong.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Oh a new client, are you going to make a point or just say that Bergevin is a moron?

Bergie is a moron....

If you believe otherwise well........a special focus groups exists for people whom in light of overwhelming evidence still decide to stay rooted to their beliefs.

Please visit any of the following :
The Flat Earth Society
HOME
Vaxxed: From Cover-Up to Catastrophe Official Website

Don't worry Belial..... you are finally home friend.... :thumbu: You will be welcomed with open arms.... go forth!!! BE FREE!!!!!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Galchenyuk once scored 30 goals playing a bunch of games at center .. But we said those games didn't matter because there was no pressure since we were out of a playoffs spot. Valid point but same can be said that Drouin's production in the last 30 games of this season.

It's funny that you say everyone in this world is bias except you, that you hold the absolute truth about Galchenyuk never having success at center.. Let me remind you this in case you missed the last time.

Start of season 16-17, Galchenyuk played center all (or almost) those games. Before he got injured.

Galchenyuk was one of the best C in the league and the Habs were also one of the best team in the league as well. Galchenyuk's success (as a center) CONTRIBUTED to the team success and we made it to the playoffs. So it's not just about points. The team won with Galchenyuk as a first center. The first stint that Galchenyuk was used as a center the team was 9-1-2. Galchenyuk is the last center that had REAL success with Pacioretty. I'm almost certain the team record in the last 3 years with Galchenyuk at center is better than than Galchenyuk as a winger.. or Drouin as a center.

You're the one spitting fake news here.

You are wrong about something....the real first stint of Galchenyuk wasn't that 9-1-2 stretch with Pacioretty.

Galchenyuk actually played center for 14 games to start his NHL career (Started after his 1st game)
Ended up with 9pts in 14 games and a +8 and the Habs were 10-3-1 during that stretch.
Every one of those 9pts were at Even strenght.
Then Therrien started sleeping with Desharnais or something.

Terrible at center apparently.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
You are wrong about something....the real first stint of Galchenyuk wasn't that 9-1-2 stretch with Pacioretty.

Galchenyuk actually played center for 14 games to start his NHL career (Started after his 1st game)
Ended up with 9pts in 14 games and a +8 and the Habs were 10-3-1 during that stretch.

Terrible at center apparently.

Oh my bad. Probably his 2nd stint then ( in which he had 9 pts in 12 games). So the team was 19-4-3 in the first 26 games Galchenyuk (18pts) played as a center?

Point remains. Belial is wrong once again.. and of course has disappeared since.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
That would make you Doctor Opinion, because that's not what factual mean. You're just countering an opinion with a different opinion.

I don't want to get into a logistics battle here friend but you're wrong. 'OldCraigs' statement that Jonathan Drouin as number one center next year guarantees us a top 5 pick was countered by my fact that it does not guarantee us a top 5 pick.

However logistics, loopholes and being right which I am aside. Yes, yes Jonathan Drouin as our number one center next year would significantly increase our chances of a high draft pick, absolutely.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I don't want to get into a logistics battle here friend but you're wrong. 'OldCraigs' statement that Jonathan Drouin as number one center next year guarantees us a top 5 pick was countered by my fact that it does not guarantee us a top 5 pick.

However logistics, loopholes and being right which I am aside. Yes, yes Jonathan Drouin as our number one center next year would significantly increase our chances of a high draft pick, absolutely.

The only thing that can guarantee a top-5 pick is to finish the regular season last or second to last, predicting the outcome of a season is not exactly fact-based, especially 5 months before kick-off.
The gist of his post was more along the lines of "If Drouin is still #1C, then not much was fixed [during the off-season], thus the Habs will sucks again".

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

I should have said "almost certainly" guarantees.:laugh:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
If we go into next season with Drouin as our number one center we are guaranteed another top 5 pick.

it was a transition year for drouin.....he will be great at #1C this season :sarcasm::sarcasm:

if something fails, you don't change it, you just keep trying the same thing, hoping for different results :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

it could be a good thing though....maybe MB is actually going to TRY to tank this season, instead of it just happening accidentally

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016

THERRIBLE at center apparently.

Fix it for ya! :thumbu:

Reactions: Milhouse40

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

[MOD]
While I don't disagree with the overall tone of your post...it's a bit of a reach to attribute team success (W's vs L's), to Galchenyuk playing center exclusively.

There were a ton of other factors which led to that 17-6-2 record.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

[MOD]

Price was putting up a .947 save % and 1.68 GAA after his first 16 games, Desharnais or Drouin could've been the top line centre and the team would've still been 17-6-2.

Reactions: 417

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
While I don't disagree with the overall tone of your post...it's a bit of a reach to attribute team success (W's vs L's), to Galchenyuk playing center exclusively.

Of course there's tons of other factors but it still shows that playing Galchenyuk down the middle didn't hurt the team's success.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Of course there's tons of other factors but it still shows that playing Galchenyuk down the middle didn't hurt the team's success.

That's not how it was framed though...it was framed to position Galchenyuk as the reason for the teams success.

Or maybe i'm just interpreting it wrong.

Either way, it's a stretch IMO.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Price was putting up a .947 save % and 1.68 GAA after his first 16 games, Desharnais or Drouin could've been the top line centre and the team would've still been 17-6-2.

The best defence is a good offence. Galchenyuk spent most of his shifts in the offensive zone which would help Price's numbers.

It obviously wasn't all Galchenyuk, but he was still a big contributor to the team's success.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

I never said it was exclusively because of Galchenyuk. He contributed in his own way but he wasn't a detriment like that poster seems to imply. I just want to point out that outside the points Galchenyuk got, the team in general did also played well WHILE having Galchenyuk at center so the fake theory that Galchenyuk never had success at center or only had success when the team was losing is completely false.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I never said it was exclusively because of Galchenyuk. He contributed in his own way but he wasn't a detriment like that poster seems to imply. I just want to point out that outside the points Galchenyuk got, the team in general did also played well WHILE having Galchenyuk at center so the fake theory that Galchenyuk never had success at center or only had success when the team was losing is completely false.
Agreed...but I think Galchenyuk and the team have had success and struggled with Galchenyuk playing both wing and center.

So i'm not sure there's any conclusions to draw from either really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad