Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Can you honestly say that DD deserved to play with our best winger the last few seasons he was on the team? Can you honestly say that Drouin deserves PP time and top 6 minutes when he just isn't productive on the PP and his compete level is lacking? OC was right on the money with his posts. It was you who decided to play the language card in a very nasty way.

I think Desharnais was a fit to try and maximize the lineup and they played him with a winger with whom he did have chesmistry and who requested to play with him.

As for Drouin, it's the same as always. The team sucks and with his skillset, there's no other place to play him.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Drouin does create chances. He is very capable playmaker.

putting all the eggs in one basket with Pleks on the 1st would have been a bad idea because DD would not drive play by himself and Pleks could. But DD could play with Max, so that creates two lines. It isn’t that complicated, really. Has nothing to do with language but it seems that you are trying to turn it into a language thing.
Drouin is only capable, when he has time and space, and yet even on the PP he is not a very good player these days...
As for the language issue with DD, the posters did not turn it into that, the putz MT did.

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Jd sucks . He’s awful and enough evidence in his play has occurred for me to form that opinion . Guy is poo poo bad , he was sold as the next guy lafleur” and Marc bought the shiny bait as Steve Y laughed to a cup . Jd would be on 3rd line or 4th on most teams , he’s coddled by the habs organization.
Boo!

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Jd sucks . He’s awful and enough evidence in his play has occurred for me to form that opinion . Guy is poo poo bad , he was sold as the next guy lafleur” and Marc bought the shiny bait as Steve Y laughed to a cup . Jd would be on 3rd line or 4th on most teams , he’s coddled by the habs organization.
Boo!
I think he has some skill, but his willingness to do any hard work is the biggest issue.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I think he has some skill, but his willingness to do any hard work is the biggest issue.
I’m with you, kid has skill, I’d say tons of it, but what he lacks in my opinion is the IQ and the willingness to go above and beyond.

It’s as though he has an internal eject switch where if it becomes too difficult he bugs off and as he attacks he has one plan in mind as this is all he can retain and if that plan fails, like what he had planned out to do doesn’t materialize, then the play dies as he cannot improvise and find new seams.

This player along with Lefebvre are Bergy’s biggest failures.

Reactions: sandviper

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

There definitely a consistency issue which is mostly mental. I’ve coached some really good kids but some of them mail it in sometimes. I’d tell them to do x, y, s and they do for a stretch, but then fall back to lackadaisical play or poor decision making.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Drouin is only capable, when he has time and space, and yet even on the PP he is not a very good player these days...
As for the language issue with DD, the posters did not turn it into that, the putz MT did.

That's exactly the problem. The habs have a lot of players that can take advantage if someone opens space for them and fail totally if no one does. The habs really needed Kotkaniemi in a way the 'Canes just don't, at least unless he develops a lot. Carolina doesn't need a player to open space, they have lots of guys who can do that, while the habs really, really need someone who can do that and it isn't Dvorak, yet another player who could look good if someone else were driving play for him.

The habs really need to deal two of Drouin/Caufield/Hoffman/Toffoli, not because they are bad but because they need the same minutes, and draft guys who drive the play. Getting play drivers is hard, both because the habs can't seem to identify them and because teams that can tend to consider them core players and keep them around.

The Canadiens could probably shoot themselves in the foot long term by identifying and obtaining undervalued play drivers who don't necessarily put up big stats. It's unlikely that they could become competitive without a top center and top D, but they could probably get to the point of scraping for the playoffs just by going from a totally unbalanced team that was put together randomly by an arrogant amateur to a planned, balanced team lacking high end talent.

Reactions: BLONG7

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
this guys is not a 30 goal scorer, yet they are paying him for OFFENCE
so were is it? he sucks lazy and pretty boy but he speaks French, so pay him lot's (no disrespect)

Reactions: BLONG7

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If not for Bergevin, JD wouldn't be in the NHL now, he has 74 goals in 7.5 seasons in the league all of which being used in a top 6 role with oodles of pp time. He's simply not that good and how Bergevin believed that he was worth 33 million dollars says a lot about his ability as a GM, he saw the same thing in Gallagher, another anchor of a contract.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If not for Bergevin, JD wouldn't be in the NHL now, he has 74 goals in 7.5 seasons in the league all of which being used in a top 6 role with oodles of pp time. He's simply not that good and how Bergevin believed that he was worth 33 million dollars says a lot about his ability as a GM, he saw the same thing in Gallagher, another anchor of a contract.
There is a huge blinding effect sometimes, when it comes to the handling of francophone players by the organization, and when people point it out, we are labelled haters.
Bizzarre at best by those who judge in such a way...I will never understand...
Most fans could care less where a player is from....most.
The defence of such a terrible player, just because he is from his home town makes no sense, unless his play can back it up................for JD, not even close.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Drouin will be good on a team where he's just a complementary player.

He's clearly not a guy that can lead or be the main producer on a team.

The extremely high expectations when he got traded here basically set him for failure.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Drouin will be good on a team where he's just a complementary player.

He's clearly not a guy that can lead or be the main producer on a team.

The extremely high expectations when he got traded here basically set him for failure.
Only blind people had high expectations of him, everyone pretty much knew we lost that trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad