Injury Report: Jonas Brodin (Injured Paw)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I guess the good news is that he'll be out for a 5-game homestand and not a 5-game roadtrip. By default I'd guess the defense looks something like:

Suter - Spurgeon
Olofsson - Dumba
Reilly - Prosser

Though it wouldn't surprise me if they tried:

Suter - Dumba
Olofsson - Spurgeon
Reilly - Prosser

Neither is great, but I don't think it's going to hamstring us.

Isn't against the law for Spurgeon to be on the ice without Suter?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I guess the good news is that he'll be out for a 5-game homestand and not a 5-game roadtrip. By default I'd guess the defense looks something like:

Suter - Spurgeon
Olofsson - Dumba
Reilly - Prosser

Though it wouldn't surprise me if they tried:

Suter - Dumba
Olofsson - Spurgeon
Reilly - Prosser

Neither is great, but I don't think it's going to hamstring us.

Interesting thoughts. I like the second grouping, depending on who they are playing. If the team has a really strong line opposing them, the keeping Suter and Spurgeon on them is always a good idea, though they have looked uncharacteristically leaky at times this year.

I like Olofsson. He seems to be getting better game by game. Hopefully Dumba doesn't stick him in bad spots.

Reilly still scares me. Doesn't seem to be able to tighten up defensively. He still plays like it's pond hockey. He does have talent, though. Perhaps the light bulb will go off.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Reilly still scares me. Doesn't seem to be able to tighten up defensively. He still plays like it's pond hockey. He does have talent, though. Perhaps the light bulb will go off.
I'm kind of hoping Reilly looks at this as a few games of guaranteed playing time and focuses on keeping things simple.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm kind of hoping Reilly looks at this as a few games of guaranteed playing time and focuses on keeping things simple.
:thumbu:

He's got the tools, just needs to calm down. He reminds me of Dumba so much.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
:thumbu:

He's got the tools, just needs to calm down. He reminds me of Dumba so much.

Dumba as a 20/21 yo, but without the scoring touch, is what I see.

I keep forgetting that Reilly is a year older than Dumba.

Interesting thoughts. I like the second grouping, depending on who they are playing. If the team has a really strong line opposing them, the keeping Suter and Spurgeon on them is always a good idea, though they have looked uncharacteristically leaky at times this year.

Olofsson/Spurgeon should work out okay. Reilly/Spurgeon sounds like a disaster waiting to happen in the d-zone.

Goose312

May 15, 2015

3 weeks is the rest of Feb, 10 games. If they want to LTIR him he would have to miss Arizona on the 1st and Colorado on the 2nd as well.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
3 weeks is the rest of Feb, 10 games. If they want to LTIR him he would have to miss Arizona on the 1st and Colorado on the 2nd as well.

Just put a big club looking cast on his hand and send him back out there. NFL players do it all the time. :sarcasm:

The next 5 games are at home, so no real need to bring up another pressbox player. For the 3 game road trip they could eat into their cap savings with a callup. Reevaluate Brodin after the trip and backdate the LTIR if it's needed. I'm not sure but that should give the Wild back the money they went over the daily cap with, right?

I'd really like to have Brodin back for the @Col game on the 2nd.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
How much cap savings would LTIR accumulate? Might be better to just do that and call up someone (Kunin, ayyy how you doin’).

Put Reilly and Dumba together with Koivu as the third defender.

Ennis to the 4th line.

Nino-Staal-Kunin
Zucker-Granlund
Parise-Eriksson Ek-Coyle
Winnik-Cullen-Ennis

Suter-Spurgeon
Reilly-Koivu-Dumba
Olofsson-Prosser

Terrible idea, or pure genius? :sarcasm:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How much cap savings would LTIR accumulate? Might be better to just do that and call up someone (Kunin, ayyy how you doin’).

Ennis to the 4th line.

Nino-Staal-Kunin
Zucker-Granlund
Parise-Eriksson Ek-Coyle
Winnik-Cullen-Ennis

Suter-Spurgeon
Reilly-Koivu-Dumba
Olofsson-Prosser

So Zucker/Koivu/Granny with Reilly/Dumba all on the ice together turns into 1 d-man (Koivu) and 4 wings?

Reactions: Digitalbooya

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Ennis to the 4th line.

Nino-Staal-Kunin
Zucker-Granlund
Parise-Eriksson Ek-Coyle
Winnik-Cullen-Ennis

Suter-Spurgeon
Reilly-Koivu-Dumba
Olofsson-Prosser

I'm all for anything that gets Foligno out of the lineup, but Kunin isn't even a good AHL player right now.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Ooof. Could be worse, I guess. The injury could be happening at the start of the playoffs. Well, this sure has resolved that awkward LHD situation we had. By the time that Brodin is ready to come back, we should have a good read on which of the LHD is a keeper.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't think Broding being out is going to be as big of a problem as a lot of others seem to think.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but I don't think Broding being out is going to be as big of a problem as a lot of others seem to think.
When he was out for a stretch last season the Wild gave up something like 1.5 more HDCA's per game. Doesn't seem huge until you put it in context that the team gave up an average of 6.75 per game over the whole year. The Wild also don't have Scandella to play up in the top 4 and Olofsson to take his spot. I think it's going to be a pretty big deal the next 3 weeks.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Dude has terrible luck. In 6 seasons only 1 has been healthy, and he still missed 3 games that year, though I don't remember why. Might have been a very minor injury? Wouldn't surprise me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad