Jon Jones pulled from UFC 200 to doping violation

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Has the USADA recently increased their testing sensitivity for clomiphene and/or its metabolites? or just a coincidence that both Jones and Lesnar were busted three times total for the same compound in a short span in time?

Assuming these guys are experts at cycling steroids, they should have the timing down well enough to avoid detection unless the drug source they took was unknowingly of a different potency or the USADA lowered the detection threshold. I can see one guy screwing up before a single drug test, but two fighters failing three tests strikes me as a low probability event (doesn't mean it was completely outside the realm of possibility).

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I still don't believe he used the supplement for post-cycle purposes. How the hell with the team he's on think he could start a cycle in a training camp for a world title and get away with it? AFTER being suspended because of Cocaine use. It makes 0 sense.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And his brother Arthur just got suspended for PED use.....

And his other brother freaked out during the football season and ran to the police station in just his underwear after smoking synthetic weed. So PEDs and recreational drug use seems to run wild in the family. :laugh:

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I still don't believe he used the supplement for post-cycle purposes.

So why else would he be taking estrogen blockers?

How the hell with the team he's on think he could start a cycle in a training camp for a world title and get away with it? AFTER being suspended because of Cocaine use. It makes 0 sense.

Here's your problem, you're assuming Jon Jones is a smart man.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
So why else would he be taking estrogen blockers?

For real? I know tons of guys who've used estrogen blockers without taking steroids. Hell even I did. Estrogen blockers reduce female hormones which can lead to a weight loss, un-think skin to look leaner and help with male hormone production naturally, it has very little to do with post cycle recovery.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
For real? I know tons of guys who've used estrogen blockers without taking steroids. Hell even I did. Estrogen blockers reduce female hormones which can lead to a weight loss, un-think skin to look leaner and help with male hormone production naturally, it has very little to do with post cycle recovery.

You're pretty naive, aren't you? I'm guessing all the guys that were taking TRT legally all "needed it" too? The sole reason for a male of Jon Jones' age and physicality to take Clomifene is to increase the bodies natural production of testosterone, typically after a cycle when it is adversely affected. Fact of the matter is that Jon Jones as well as virtually any other fighter on the planet has no need to increase their natural levels of testosterone which is why these drugs are banned. PCT or not, he was still cheating.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
You're pretty naive, aren't you? I'm guessing all the guys that were taking TRT legally all "needed it" too? The sole reason for a male of Jon Jones' age and physicality to take Clomifene is to increase the bodies natural production of testosterone, typically after a cycle when it is adversely affected. Fact of the matter is that Jon Jones as well as virtually any other fighter on the planet has no need to increase their natural levels of testosterone which is why these drugs are banned. PCT or not, he was still cheating.

Thisssssssssssssssss.... He was taking it for a sole reason

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
And his other brother freaked out during the football season and ran to the police station in just his underwear after smoking synthetic weed. So PEDs and recreational drug use seems to run wild in the family. :laugh:

what is going on with the Jones'?

hey that sounds like a TV show title...

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
The sole reason for a male of Jon Jones' age and physicality to take Clomifene is to increase the bodies natural production of testosterone, typically after a cycle.

TYPICALLY, that's the key word. Clomifene is banned substance, I get that, but you're not going to convince me that he used it for post-cycle recovery purposes. These guys are tested yearly now, there's no way in hell he could of used a true PED and not be flag for it once the off-competition blood tests came out.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
USADA never specified what he got popped up for. Chael Sonnen did. He still failed the test, just not for what is publicly roaming around.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
USADA never specified what he got popped up for. Chael Sonnen did. He still failed the test, just not for what is publicly roaming around.

Uh, ya, they did.

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/...d-commission-reveals-drug-test-results-071816

"The Nevada Commission voted unanimously on Monday to suspend Jones pending a full hearing at a later date, most likely in late summer 2016.

According to the notes from the commission, Jones tested positive for hydroxy-clomiphene, which is an anti-estrogen drug listed on the WADA (World Anti-Doping Agency) banned substances list.

Jones also allegedly tested positive for a Letrozole metabolite, classified as an Aromatase inhibitor, another banned substance. Aromatase inhibitors are also classified as estrogen blockers, typically used for breast cancer patients."

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
So the tainted supplement defense might save him after all? Jones posted a video where he said they should have good news coming soon.

Yeah, the NSAC confirmed the substances he tested positive for. Brett Okamoto from ESPN even got a copy of the results and tweeted it.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Didn't Lesnar get popped for the same substance(s)?

What are the chances he gets off as well? Seems like things have been even quieter on his front than JBJ.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Didn't Lesnar get popped for the same substance(s)?

What are the chances he gets off as well? Seems like things have been even quieter on his front than JBJ.

IIRC they both got popped for clomiphene. My guess is if this goes well for Jones Lesnar will say he took the exact same stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad