Jon Jones pulled from UFC 200 to doping violation

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'll wait to see what he actually tested positive for. Jones' team and Dana all seem to be implying it could be a substance in one of his supplements. He could get off easier if they can prove it was a tainted supplement. Romero only got 6 months for that.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Here here. I would have actually had more respect for him had he embraced his heel personality. Mike Tyson was bad and he never pretended he was a saint and for the most part everyone loved him. Jon Jones quoting bible scriptures and doing blow and running down pregnant women and STILL acts like hes a saint afterwards. Cant deal with it.

That's how I feel. He should also not try and sound deep and profound in interviews. He's not very intelligent.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
13620700_1055522291206571_4453477444528426783_n.jpg

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Honestly... tired of all the chances he's been given. Hope he sits for 2 years and even then the UFC doesn't take him back right away if at all.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans claims interim champ Jon Jones tested positive for estrogen blockers in a failed out-of-competition drug test for UFC 200.

Acting as an on-scene reporter, Evans did not name cited Jones’ camp as the source of his information. He did not name the specific substances for which the interim champ positive.

Estrogen blockers are commonly used by men to help kickstart testosterone production. Retired UFC fighter Chael Sonnen tested positive for two different types of the “pro-hormone,” anastrozole and clomiphene, which he claimed he used to help him come off testosterone-replacement therapy. He was ultimately suspended two years for those substances and two other banned drugs found in his system.

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/rashad-evans-claims-jon-jones-tested-positive-for-estrogen-blockers

If true, this would throw that tainted supplement explanation out the window.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I mean, everyone sad the pics of the "new power-lifting" Jon Jones, or whatever he described himself as. Taking these blockers coming off a cycle makes sense.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Squandered his career and brings his legacy into question. Was he always a PED guy? Tough to believe this was his first time dabbling. Can't put much stock in his record prior to testing positive because of this. Not a solid year for the Jones boys at all. :laugh:

Knowing what he allegedly took, it was obvious that he's been a PED user for a while. You don't take estrogen blockers otherwise.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/rashad-evans-claims-jon-jones-tested-positive-for-estrogen-blockers

If true, this would throw that tainted supplement explanation out the window.

The tainted supplement explanation was always a joke and only naive Jones fans would believe it.

GAT's testosterone booster (GAT is his sponsor and they make some solid gym supps) allegedly will cause athletes to pop, but it doesn't contain ****ing estrogen blockers.

Dude was pretty clearly on PEDs for a while. This confirms it if true.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I like Chael's story of Jon hiding under the cage for 8 hours waiting for the testers to leave. Almost as good as Wanderlei literally running away from a drug test.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The Nevada State Athletic Commission today confirmed the substances for which Jon Jones tested positive prior to his ill-fated title unifier with light heavyweight champ Daniel Cormier at UFC 200.

Jones came back positive for hydroxy-clomiphene, “an anti-estrogenic agent” and “letrozole metabolite,” an “aromatase inhibitor,” NSAC attorney Caroline Bateman said today during a hearing in Las Vegas. The substances, which are both banned year-round by the World Anti-Doping Agency, are consistent with the type named by Jones’ ex-training partner and opponent, Rashad Evans, who first claimed the interim champ tested positive for estrogen blockers.

Estrogen blockers can potentially act in tandem with performance-enhancers by helping to mitigate their side effects, and are also thought to restart natural testosterone production.

A temporary suspension placed on Jones’ Nevada fight license was subsequently extended by a unanimous vote, while a formal hearing is expected for September or October. Jones has retained noted anti-doping attorney Howard Jacobs, who’s previously defended MMA fighters Sean Sherk, Alexander Shlemenko, and, most recently, Tim Means. Jacobs aided UFC middleweight Means during his ultimately successful appeal to the promotion’s anti-doping partner, the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA).

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/07/nsac-ufc-interm-champ-jon-jones-positive-for-2-estrogen-blockers-receives-temporary-suspension

So Rashad and Chael were correct. It'll be interesting to see how Jones and his team decide to attack this.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I'm surprised in this day and age, the USADA or WADA don't have an app where you can scan any supplement to see if the ingredients are on a prohibited list. Maybe there is the US, but the google play store in Canada didn't give me anything.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'm surprised in this day and age, the USADA or WADA don't have an app where you can scan any supplement to see if the ingredients are on a prohibited list. Maybe there is the US, but the google play store in Canada didn't give me anything.

That's all well and good, but let's be honest. This wasn't a supplement ingredient that tripped the test. This was full blown PED use.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston

I don't think they want to advertise what banned substances.

Yes, I might buy something after finding out... But as far as mass advertising like that, I don't think that's the publicity they want.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
do you guys think there's a chance that it was a tainted supplement? I've been watching Jones from the start and I'm in denial.

No, not a chance in hell it was a supplement. These were drugs that steroid abusers use post cycle to get things working again, to grossly over simplify it. There is literally no shot they were accidentally in his supplements.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
He used a veryy common PCT supplement. Clear as day. PCTs actually aren't that hard to get.

Sinner

Stevens #4 Legend
Jun 30, 2016
Rags Suck Land
No, not a chance in hell it was a supplement. These were drugs that steroid abusers use post cycle to get things working again, to grossly over simplify it. There is literally no shot they were accidentally in his supplements.

Bummer, thanks for the reply.

I'm moving on from Jones. I still have Joanna Jedrzejczyk to root for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad