Jon Jones pulled from UFC 200 to doping violation

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This settles it. I didn't agree before, but I do now. DC is the champ. Jones beat himself, that's it. What a disappointment.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
If Jones is done for 2 years, I think he's done for good. He may still fight again, but he'll never be GOAT Jones. Will always be "what could have been" Jones.

Oct 18, 2011
I ****ing told you guys months ago that JJ needed to put together a long string of good behavior before getting a world title match and this is exactly why, you cannot
trust him to handle his ****ing business, and now look, he nuked the biggest card in UFC history

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Makes you wonder if Jones has been juicing his whole career. His levels were wonky in the first D.C. fight too and that was before USADA testing.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
**** Jon Jones. What a moron. Fakest athlete in any sport.

Honestly, yeah. Hated him coming off. The whole Christian Jon Jones, you could see the arrogance. He's done so much. The DUI, coke, brawl, hit and run on a pregnant woman, comments, etc, etc, etc. He continues to come back saying he has changed. We've been there before.

The testing wasn't for coke or weed. Tainted supplements could happen, but when you're a top level athlete there and guys are getting suspended for this you send everything you have in for testing and clearance.

Let's not forget his whole powerlifting thing. Got up to an impressive 600 lb deadlift 9 months or so ago. Most top level powerlifters juice.

Hoping Gegard Mousasi gets that shot. As much as I dislike DC, I feel really bad.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
A reddit thread pointed out that Jones had puncture marks on his stomach before the OSP fight. Much to my chagrin, I have some working knowledge with anabolics during my CFB days but I knew some dudes that used HGH and a common injection method is in the stomach.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I'm not a huge anti-drug guy, and I understand why they're trying to clean up the sport, but something really needs to be done about these notifications mere days before the event. Just absolutely RUINS things. Not to mention how much it potentially screws Cormier.

Apparently Bisping, Mousasi, and Big Country have already offered to fight Cormier. I can't think of a whole lot of guys who could take the fight on two days notice. It'd have to be a 185er who isn't in direct line for a title shot. I believe Latifi offered as well, but I don't see them going that route. I feel like it has to be a name. Which would leave Bisping, Hendo, Vitor, Rashad, Shogun, Anderson (not sure if he's healthy yet).

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
A reddit thread pointed out that Jones had puncture marks on his stomach before the OSP fight. Much to my chagrin, I have some working knowledge with anabolics during my CFB days but I knew some dudes that used HGH and a common injection method is in the stomach.

Got a picture for me? I know Bostin Loyd loves his shots in the stomach. Different reasons though, but big for roids.

I'm not a huge anti-drug guy, and I understand why they're trying to clean up the sport, but something really needs to be done about these notifications mere days before the event. Just absolutely RUINS things. Not to mention how much it potentially screws Cormier.

Apparently Bisping, Mousasi, and Big Country have already offered to fight Cormier. I can't think of a whole lot of guys who could take the fight on two days notice. It'd have to be a 185er who isn't in direct line for a title shot. I believe Latifi offered as well, but I don't see them going that route. I feel like it has to be a name. Which would leave Bisping, Hendo, Vitor, Rashad, Shogun, Anderson (not sure if he's healthy yet).

DC smashed Henderon.
Belfort is done after USADA.
Anderson isn't ready
Shogun fought in May, probably isn't ready to go nor do I want that
Bisping stands little to no chance and shouldn't be able to have two belts.
Mousasi makes the most sense. A lot of sense.
Another is Glover who was ready to fight shortly, like 2 weeks later actually.
Heavyweight fight doesn't make too much sense and DC has destroyed Roy I think.

Wish the UFC and Tim Kennedy got along. That would be a sweet fight.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Got a picture for me? I know Bostin Loyd loves his shots in the stomach. Different reasons though, but big for roids.
It's on sherdog. Pretty clear.

DC smashed Henderon.
Belfort is done after USADA.
Anderson isn't ready
Shogun fought in May, probably isn't ready to go nor do I want that
Bisping stands little to no chance and shouldn't be able to have two belts.
Mousasi makes the most sense. A lot of sense.
Another is Glover who was ready to fight shortly, like 2 weeks later actually.
Heavyweight fight doesn't make too much sense and DC has destroyed Roy I think.

Wish the UFC and Tim Kennedy got along. That would be a sweet fight.
Kennedy doesn't have any drawing power. Sure DC wrecked Hendo, but Hendo has name value. Bisping is arguably the biggest fight so that makes sense for the UFC. The casuals don't even know who Mousasi is, that's not who you want headlining UFC 200. If Glover can make 205 that's not bad at all. Shogun is at least a name. Anderson/DC would have an epic feel to it, even if it was Anderson at less than 100%.

Apparently Gustafsson has also thrown his name in the hat.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
It's on sherdog. Pretty clear.

Kennedy doesn't have any drawing power. Sure DC wrecked Hendo, but Hendo has name value. Bisping is arguably the biggest fight so that makes sense for the UFC. The casuals don't even know who Mousasi is, that's not who you want headlining UFC 200. If Glover can make 205 that's not bad at all. Shogun is at least a name. Anderson/DC would have an epic feel to it, even if it was Anderson at less than 100%.

Apparently Gustafsson has also thrown his name in the hat.

You don't need any drawing power really to co main event a card with Mark Hunt vs Brock Lesnar as the headliner.

Dan Henderson doesn't have much value these days as a contender despite that Hector Lombard win.

Michael Bisping just fought. DC likely smashes him, and nobody if they did before will buy Bisping as elite.

Anderson said right after he was pulled from 197 that he wouldn't be ready. August makes sense for a return I think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad