Jokerit Helsinki 2014/15 Season Talk - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

loppa*

Jokerit was so good in many categories that I want a second Finnish team in KHL. But I also want Lev back....

No other team has a 10k+ arena there. Hence, it is better to look elsewhere such as Prague, Berlin, Stockholm...

Also, keep in mind that it is not exactly free to have a team. The KHL has a long way to go in terms of building certain things - a number of cities need more infrastructure, and teams need to fill their budgets also... hence, it's difficult to be overly greedy in terms of adding teams left and right... just be patient, I know, it's hard, but, the KHL is much more today than when it was when it started several years ago. Likewise, it will be much more than it is now in another several years.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Very good first KHL season and it went better as expected, on the rink and on the attendance department etc. No time to take it easier though, improving all the time is the key.

This season also showed that in Finland there is lots of hockey fans that wants to see higher level of hockey.

Next season top players like Moses and Gunderson are gone for sure. Maybe Omark and Karlsson, who knows!? Some go, some come. That's hockey world.

And super thanks to Steve Moses for being in Helsinki and in Jokerit for 3 years. I'm pretty sure every fan thinks he is a "Jokeri for life" now :yo:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
CEO Kohonen:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/khl/art-1426830584120.html

Playoffs income made the year result basically 0.

Budget will be similar next season. 20M eur total, player budget 10M eur.

Situation in player markets is that Russian KHL teams aren't very popular due to ruble situation so SHL/NLA is growing interest. "Let's see how this will effect Jokerit"

Season tickets selling didn't go as planned. 4000 was the result, they expected 5000. But single tickets sold better than expected. Two times better than in Liiga.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
CEO Kohonen:

http://www.iltasanomat.fi/khl/art-1426830584120.html

Playoffs income made the year result basically 0.

Budget will be similar next season. 20M eur total, player budget 10M eur.

Situation in player markets is that Russian KHL teams aren't very popular and SHL/SNL is growing interest. "Let's see how this will effect Jokerit"

Season tickets selling didn't go as planned. 4000 was the result, they expected 5000. But single tickets sold better than expected. Two times better than in Liiga.

What the bold part mean? and what is SNL?

E: it should be NLA if google is right.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
What the bold part mean? and what is SNL?

E: it should be NLA if google is right.
Yes NLA. I always mess it up. Ruble situation has made Russian KHL teams not so interesting in player markets --> SHL/NLA gettin more interest.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
http://www.jokerit.com/olemme-paljon-viisaampia

Westerlund:

CSKA series was a big lesson what it takes to win. We lost series to best club in the Europe.

We managed well to build the roster to this season in such short time.

This was great season. I hope this was a learning experience for players.

Now we know how to continue and know what kind of players we need. I think we have clear direction. (about next season)

Last edited:

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
Good season from Jokerit. Much better than what I expected. Is roster going to change a lot?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Contracts expired:

Gunderson --> gone
Moses --> gone
Karlsson
Ben-Amor
Hahl
Kapanen
Koukal
Rita

Omark's contract is mystery. They announced it as 2 year deal but it looks like it's 1+1 with player's own option.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Would be nice to have TPS in the league, though it's not reasonable (at least not at the moment)

TPS ownership has a lot of former players (like Koivus and Kipper) and two Supercell founders who made big money with the Japanese deal. None of them are in need to sell the club and are committed to playing in Finland. The local paper had a poll two years ago on if the fans would be in favor of TPs playing in KHL, 70% were against. Plus there's simply no sponsorship money in Finland for two KHL teams.

Last edited:

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
The local paper had a poll two years ago on if the fans would be in favor of TPs playing in KHL, 70% were against. Plus there's simply no sponsorship money in Finland for two KHL teams.

It's not like polls are much worth, I'm sure that most Jokerit fans (you included) were against joining the KHL as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
It's not like polls are much worth, I'm sure that most Jokerit fans (you included) were against joining the KHL as well.

There weren't that conclusive as the Turun Sanomat one. Jatkoaika forum and they're Facebook page were the only ones I saw. But TPS is such a hot mess, that I don't see anyone wanting to touch that. :laugh:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
TPS ownership has a lot of former players (like Koivus and Kipper) and two Supercell founders who made big money with the Chinese deal. None of them are in need to sell the club and are committed to playing in Finland. The local paper had a poll two years ago on if the fans would be in favor of TPs playing in KHL, 70% were against. Plus there's simply no sponsorship money in Finland for two KHL teams.
Correction: Japanese. I know that one of the Supercell owner Paananen is TPS fan but didnt know the team connection.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Cool, I have missed that as I don't follow Liiga much anymore. Owner department seems to be in order and good player signings coming next season. Finnish hockey needs TPS to get back in the top level. Let's see what happens. Ok, this is starting to get little bit OT :D

After the 90's rivalry, Jokerit fans should feel dirty giving TPS any credit. :laugh:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
The supercell guys made over thousand million euros, so we are talking about "big league" type of owners here.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Westerlund wants next season more straightforward style and players that drive to the net. More playoffs style type of team.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Atte Engren is rumoured to Jokerit. Karlsson heading out?

I hope not, I think it's a win-win situation for both Jokerit and Karlsson if he stays.. From the reports that I've seen about him, he really seems to enjoy his life in Helsinki :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad