Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau re-signed! 6 Years, $6.75M AAV

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
But the WC was also against other guys who hadn't played all summer. Sit for two weeks while everyone else is getting into NHL game shape and you will fall behind.

A little bit, sure but I don't think to the extent that would cause the "Johnny Slump". Johnny is an intelligent enough player that I think he could pick up pretty much any system quicker than most. I also think he's conditioned and young enough that it shouldn't be much of a factor to miss camp but being he was still playing hockey. Honestly I think the stress of his contract hold out probably impacted him more than anything.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
No, I think it's a perfectly valid reasoning. Everyone knows that players take time to adjust to systems, but it's really a non-factor if every player in the tournament is having to adapt to a new system. Then it just becomes more about players vs. players rather than systems vs. systems. The level of skill might be higher, but the systems play probably isn't. The exception would probably be Team Canada, who have a consistent coach and collection of players basically for that exact reason.

I would argue that a new system should be tailor made to your best player's strengths. Look at Pittsburgh's two coaches last year. One limited Crosby, one let him play his game. Guess which one won a cup.

Gulutzan's system should be designed to allow Johnny & Mony to score, not force him to adapt to too many changes

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I would argue that a new system should be tailor made to your best player's strengths. Look at Pittsburgh's two coaches last year. One limited Crosby, one let him play his game. Guess which one won a cup.

Gulutzan's system should be designed to allow Johnny & Mony to score, not force him to adapt to too many changes

I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad