Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Pay this man.
rounders-pay-that-man-his-money.gif

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The points total is likely out of reach but if he stays long-term, he'll almost certainly break Iggy's assist record. Less than 200 away

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Might be true. Seravalli is also a Flyers guy through and through and knows that Philly has been counting down the days since the ink dried on his contract.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
It's a bit of a conundrum. The Johnny we get year to year varies wildly. Am I happy to pay this version 10+? Yes. The version last year? Not so much.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Oilers' fan here. (I didn't want to start a new thread to discuss this.)

So... In my view---as I explained on the scary main-board, with some statistical support---the front-runners for the Hart trophy should be Johnny Gaudreau and Connor McDavid. I lean towards Gaudreau, and he would get my vote for 1st (McDavid 2nd, and Matthews 3rd).

The thing I can't understand is why there isn't more of a groundswell of support for him as the Hart winner? He seems to be in the news now more for his upcoming contract situation than his Hart candidacy. On the main boards here (not necessary where the most intelligent go to proselytize), it seems a foregone conclusion that the Hart will go to Matthews or McDavid....

I don't get it. Gaudreau, for me, checks all the boxes as the ideal Hart winner:
-- He's never won before (not even close), so he has that 'shiny-new toy' aspect that voters enjoy
-- Team narrative: Flames went from mediocre to awesome in back-to-back seasons
-- His team is very good when he/his line is on the ice, and mediocre-to-poor when he (they) is not on the ice.
-- 3rd n scoring (could still end up 2nd)
-- 1st in ES points, by a landslide (a historically great season here!)
-- utterly dominant at ES, with +63 being the best since the 2004 Lockout until today.

Anyway, I'm just wondering, do you guys think he's going to even be top-3 in Hart voting? For me, he's the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00