Seravalli: John Klingberg will test the market

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
There is not a better spot in the league for an offensive RHD to rebuild value than Carolina. That player will (1) get 1st PP minutes unencumbered (2) play in a system that has strong forward support and (3) pair with perhaps the premier defenseman in the game defensively (Slavin).

If the market is soft (not unprecedented), the Canes are a perfect fit him to rebuild value on a short-term deal in the lead up to the looming cap spike.

Reactions: DaveG

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Friedman mentions to keep an “eye on CAR and Klingberg…” in his latest 32 Thought podcast. It’s a very short blurb about 12mins in, but makes sense given CAR was interested in trading for him last season and now have a pressing need for a top 4 RD.

I’m skeptical they’d beat out offers from a team like the Kraken, but it makes a ton of sense if Klingberg wants to go to a (hopefully, next season still) contender.

Carolina wouldn't even beat out Detroit for the best offer to Klingberg. Klingberg will go to the team that offers him the most money. And that won't be Carolina.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Carolina wouldn't even beat out Detroit for the best offer to Klingberg. Klingberg will go to the team that offers him the most money. And that won't be Carolina.

I suppose it’ll depend on whether or not he wants to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I wouldn’t speak in absolutes here. That makes two insiders, Johnston being the other, to link the Canes to him.

Frankly, Klingberg signing a contract Carolina would be willing to pay sounds more realistic than Steve Yzerman giving him $9 mil per for 7 seasons.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I’d take Klingberg on the Oilers if Tkachuk resigns long term with the Flames. All Klingberg would need to do is correctly identify Tkachuk as a fake tough guy again and he’d lose his mind and lose his game in the process of a BoA ever happens again.

Kaladin

Nov 5, 2017
Stars will need a RHD and PP guy to anchor the second unit to replace him. Petry I guess could be an option but I’d hope they’d aim for more offense. Barrie or Subban seem like discount guys that could work out.
Petry has way more offense then Subban at this stage of his career.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I’d take Klingberg on the Oilers if Tkachuk resigns long term with the Flames. All Klingberg would need to do is correctly identify Tkachuk as a fake tough guy again and he’d lose his mind and lose his game in the process of a BoA ever happens again.

I need help understanding this?

Is Klingberg actually tough in any way? Or am I missing something here?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I need help understanding this?

Is Klingberg actually tough in any way? Or am I missing something here?
Not in any way whatsoever, kind of a wuss actually. But he called out Tkachuky or some other flames for being fake tough in a post game and Tkachuk responded by bum rushing him every shift until he broke his own hand :laugh:. If the league didn’t have horrible officiating Tkachuk would have got a penalty every single game but instead Tkachuk assaulting Klingberg unprovoked kept getting turned into 4 on 4s.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad