Confirmed with Link: John Klingberg (50%) for '25 4th rounder, Sustr, Nesterenko

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I think there’s been a lot of off-ice distractions for him the past couple of seasons. Constantly being involved in trade rumors can’t be the easiest thing to ignore.

I think he’s a net positive to the team at a $4.5M cap hit and I don’t think there’s much else out there that would provide better value. I do still prefer Klingberg if they can somehow convince him to sign well below market value.
Klingberg has ++ skating and offensive vision. That can’t be easily replaced. I’m willing to pay for that. Dumba is a minute eating 4-5th dman on a good team and that is much easier to replace

Klingberg, if things go well down the stretch here, I could see him signing a cheaper 1 year deal to play here for a full season to try to raise his value. If things go REALLY well, he may get better offers elsewhere this summer.
Well we should Fiala him and make him play with Mermis the rest of the year so we can try to get him cheap :lol: just don’t let him find a Boldy for a partner otherwise he will be priced out

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Klingberg, if things go well down the stretch here, I could see him signing a cheaper 1 year deal to play here for a full season to try to raise his value. If things go REALLY well, he may get better offers elsewhere this summer.
If Klingberg was 2 years younger I could see him thinking this is the right route. As of now though, I don’t think he wants to make the same mistake he just made this past year. All depends on what he’s offered by some desperate team this offseason. The UFA defenseman market is pretty shit this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If things go well and he really likes JEE, Brodin, and Gus, then I could see him signing one more prove it deal. Second time’s the charm. Brodin would be just about the perfect partner for him.

Also think that JEE will be given a letter next year, making it even more obvious that this is a “Swede friendly” team, not that I think it’s much of a deal.

We’ll see… he might end up showing awful form defensively, and pull some stuff like Kulikov did last year that caused him to be yanked from the starting lineup, and eventually, moved from the team.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I’m not sure I’d want to commit to Klingberg long term though , if he loses a step his value is destroyed.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
If Klingberg was 2 years younger I could see him thinking this is the right route. As of now though, I don’t think he wants to make the same mistake he just made this past year. All depends on what he’s offered by some desperate team this offseason. The UFA defenseman market is pretty shit this year.
If things go well and he really likes JEE, Brodin, and Gus, then I could see him signing one more prove it deal. Second time’s the charm.

I'm thinking like, his value has never been lower than it is right now, and when you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He's been underpaid his whole career up until this year. I think it's pretty unlikely he takes less money or a shorter deal to stay here.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
He's been underpaid his whole career up until this year. I think it's pretty unlikely he takes less money or a shorter deal to stay here.
The whole league has had access to him for awhile now. I doubt he can rebuild his reputation quick enough to command a huge payday

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He had a strange NTC this year: No trade clause from season start to Jan 1, 2023 then turns into a modified trade clause where he lists 10 teams he is willing to be traded to.

Why would MN put him anywhere other than the 3rd pair?
- Brodin/Dumba pairing has a 1.29 ga/60 that's the lowest 5v5 ga/60 in the league (300 min filter). 60% GF
- Middleton/Spurgeon is 8th with 1.6. 59.26% GF
- Merrill/Addison is 59th with 2.66. 46.15% GF

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
If we do anything significant this year and Klingberg helps 5 on 5, pp time, I see Billy signing him over Dumba. His guy, his trade. If the $ works out this is the Dumba replacement

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
The Wild have exactly 2 Johns on this team now. They play on the same defensive pair. They are both 6'3". There are no players taller than 6'3" on the roster. Therefore they are the Long Johns. I will not be taking any questions, thank you.
You may just have uncovered the real reason for trading Greenway

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Klingberg is very impressive, to my eyes. No major defensive screwups, and his offensive imagination is obvious on the ice. Not sure that he is a better choice than Addison on the #1 PP, but that's not really fair to Klingberg, as he has is so new. I think he and Brodin should pair together....Dumba and Merrill/Gologoski?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Klingberg is very impressive, to my eyes. No major defensive screwups, and his offensive imagination is obvious on the ice. Not sure that he is a better choice than Addison on the #1 PP, but that's not really fair to Klingberg, as he has is so new. I think he and Brodin should pair together....Dumba and Merrill/Gologoski?
Goli-Dumba hasn’t been bad. I wouldn’t be opposed to

Middleton-Spurgeon
Brodin-Klingberg
Goligoski-Dumba

Late game just flip flop Klingberg and Dumba depending on the situation.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
And while so far Addison makes less flashy defensive screwups, Klingbergs brings a hint of offensive creativity from the backend thats so refreshing even if it hasn't produced points yet. It just brings a different dynamic to the PP and I think once the forwards get used to it and hopefully willing to shoot more because of this element, we will start seeing results.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Having some back end offence other than Spurgeon will pay dividends.
Hopefully Johansen/Sundqvist will provide the same relief for Kap line.

Unpopular I know but not quite seeing 7 million worth out of Boldy. Glide by checks last night and goes to the perimeter innO zone. This is NHL Matt-earn that 7 million and go to the dirty areas in front of the net and battle.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Uh. What?!? You and I were watching very different games... :whaaa?:
There was for sure one play where he should have shot it and he basically just skated it to the corner.

I’m trying my best to give Boldy some leeway since he has a nice linemate that is adjusting. I just need him to be more proactive in shoot first situations. We had at least 2-3 chances last night that could have been high danger shots that resulted in no shot on goal because of a bad forced pass.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
I was there and 12 went to the point in 3rd I think, and glided by and flame D went in for a shot.
Maybe get in his way instead of gliding by.
Ek goes to the net to get a pass. 12 goes to the perimeter so need to pass through 3 defenders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad