Proposal: Joel Edmundson to Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Edmundson plays defense but does not play it well. The eye test and the stats prove that. His zone exit passes too often end up in icing calls or on the oppositions stick. This leads to him being hemmed in his own zone and him frantically blocking shots or hitting guys just to start the cycle all over again.
For selfish reasons I wouldnt mind him being an Oiler one day because one of his family members owes me huge and will get me a game used jersey 🤪

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Edmundson has been playing with 5 rookie defensemen all year on a team that has finished last and will be bottom 5 by end of year. So evaluating him based on stats is foolish. He’s a big, tuff, Stanley Cup winning veteran that has a good AAV & term. Any contending team would be nuts not to kick the tires. Every cup winning team looks to add this type of player and defence is at a premium. Depth depth depth that’s the mantra for playoff Teams.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Edmundson has not been "absolutely terrible" since the cup run. If you have to exaggerate, you don't have a good point. "Absolutely" eh? :facepalm:

Habs know both Kulak and Edmundson well. If we proposed a Kulak for a 2nd last year, Oilers fans would be ridiculing that trade as well. I like Kulak and I knew he would help the Oilers but he's not better than Edmundson.

Edmundson is not trending as well as Chiarot last year but you will assume that as "absolutely terrible". Come on man.

Alright fair play to you, he's just been terrible. I admit my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad