Proposal: Joel Edmundson to Oilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Not inconceivable that he gets a 1st at TDL if he plays top-4 quality D this year. The big IF is if he can stay healthy until TDL. That's the biggest knock on Edmunston. If he's healthy, he gets you a 1st at TDL.
True if that happens he
'' get a 1st rd pick from the team not the fanbase.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Eddy isn't going anywhere. Not until management has a better idea of where our 4 young D are headed.

The only way Eddy is traded is if Baron is ready for the big show and that's not the case yet.
Or Habs get an offer than can't refuse for him at the TDL.

Trading Eddy without getting a serviceable D back weakens our D core considerably.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
True if that happens he
'' get a 1st rd pick from the team not the fanbase.
For sure, fanbases / HF posters will hate the return. But dmen like Ed will be in demand assuming he has an injury free season (up to TDL).

Ed at 3.5M AAV with an additional year on his contract is great value for a #4 defensive dman who's game is built for the playoffs and brings leadership and cup experience.

Last edited:

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I think Eddy could get a pair of seconds if there is bidding. Probably not a first but its not out of the picture. Usually DFD like him don't get back a huge return but hes still a good player that other teams will want. I think it will also depend on if the return involves some sort of salary dump.

Reactions: HabsQC

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
I think Eddy could get a pair of seconds if there is bidding. Probably not a first but its not out of the picture. Usually DFD like him don't get back a huge return but hes still a good player that other teams will want. I think it will also depend on if the return involves some sort of salary dump.

I guess you didn't follow the Chiarot deal last year or the Savard deal the year before that

Lol okay

There are better defensemen for the to be targeting (and frankly need). Like Gavrikov, Soucy, or even Chychrun.
whats so funny?

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Edmundston is exactly the D stabilizator Edmonton needs, he can be a good 4th defenseman when healthy, rock solid defensively, great reach/size, decent at moving the puck, good leader, great for kids ect. You give a 1st for 2 seasons of Edmundson at a reasonable cap hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boris Le Tigre

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
If the Habs retain 50%, then I wouldn't be surprised. You have to remember that both Kulak and Chiarot were retained to 50%.
Edy is better then both of these guys and the retaintion was for 1 year not 2.

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
Edmundson is easily worth more than a late 1st if we retain 50% for a playoff push + another full year. 1,75m$ for a top 4 defenseman is a bargain.

Hagel trade is a comparable I think .

He’s a bit better than Chariot, better 1st pass.

Reactions: viceroy

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Eddy isn't going anywhere. Not until management has a better idea of where our 4 young D are headed.

The only way Eddy is traded is if Baron is ready for the big show and that's not the case yet.
Or Habs get an offer than can't refuse for him at the TDL.

Trading Eddy without getting a serviceable D back weakens our D core considerably.
Who cares; we’re in the beginning of a rebuild. What does keeping him get us? Maybe an extra 5 points in the standings? All that is going to do is get us worse draft picks. The team is going nowhere right now with or without him. Might as well ship him off and maximize our chances of higher picks, and get another 1st for him in the process.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Who cares; we’re in the beginning of a rebuild. What does keeping him get us? Maybe an extra 5 points in the standings? All that is going to do is get us worse draft picks. The team is going nowhere right now with or without him. Might as well ship him off and maximize our chances of higher picks, and get another 1st for him in the process.
Nope!

That's not how you rebuild.

Sorry try again!

Reactions: viceroy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad