Joe Thornton suspended 1 game for headshot on Nosek (title updated)

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
It doenst ****ing matter if they are comparable, if the league wants to be taken seriously about these suspensions for headshots then they need to suspend headshots not just pick them at random

One deserves more games than the other but a headshot is a headshot

The league will be it's usual off the map self as far as playoff penalties or suspensions go , add they refuse to admit results of those hits are cause of long term issues to avoid financial responsibility I wonder if they will do much.

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
McNabb's hit was not intentional.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Phu

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
McNabb's hit was not intentional.

That is irrelevant by NHL DoPS standards. What little consistency there is with DoPS, that one is pretty consistent...it doesn't matter if he intends to if he makes that type of hit and gets the head mostly.

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012

Hopefully the NHL uses this when determining the punishment for Joe. Chara got nothing because Kane put himself in a vulnerable position

Hal 9000

Nov 19, 2016
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 6.32.55 PM.png

This was unintentional - so I hear. Couture got the head mostly, but just a simple 2 minute penalty and San Jose people even complained about that.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze i didnt even see this.. Ive been too focused on Kadris absurd actions lol.

This was bad.. Couple games forsure. Potentially coulda been his final game

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
And it is dirty because of the angle he took and the fact that the head is the principle point of contact. The rest is not relevant. And I actually did watch the game unlike yourself apparently.
You probably thought the Ferland hit was dirty too then huh?

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I honestly didn't think McNabbs hit was that bad. He's a piece of shit but that hit happens all the time and goes uncalled. Jumbo was frustrated and wanted to hurt someone.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Reaves is awesome.

I’m a neutral fan but Thornton’s hit was way worse than McNabb’s. Thornton got nothing but the head. McNabb at least went through the body. His was a typical playoff-game hit that you see all the time.

NHL got this one right.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
dang, there's really no defending thronton there. trying to end a couple seasons early there. should easily be a suspension for a couple games.

CoverYour5

Sep 25, 2018
Rather looks like blatant headhunting to me. He could have avoided any contact or made a legal hit, but he went for that.

5OZ8boz.gif
Yeah, he literally changes his path slightly to his right to pick the head. Pretty gross hit. Not surprising seeing the name on the back of the jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad