Joe Thornton suspended 1 game for headshot on Nosek (title updated)

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
that was a suspendible hit jumbo, not even a debate lol. I thought it was dirty when I saw it live plus replay. Not that it helps my statement but I’m one of the more barbaric posters on here who loves the rough stuff.

karnige

Real Life FTL
Oct 18, 2006
wait so jumbo joe gets only 1 game while mcdavid got 2 games for a lesser impact hit? logic 101

Reactions: Hynh

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
wait so jumbo joe gets only 1 game while mcdavid got 2 games for a lesser impact hit? logic 101
Playoffs. Also Kucherov's was arguably worse as he tripped the player then smashed his face into the glass.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
San Jose's Thornton Suspended for Illegal Check to Head - Scouting The Refs

The hits just keep on coming. So do the suspensions.

Player Safety has been busy through the first 20 games of the 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs. With suspensions already issued to Tampa’s Nikita Kucherov and Toronto’s Nazem Kadri, the league has levied its latest ban on San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton.

Thornton has been suspended one game for an illegal check to the head of Vegas Golden Knights forward Tomas Nosek. Thornton was given a two-minute minor penalty for an illegal check to the head by referees Jon McIsaac and Marc Joannette. The hit took place with 3:06 to play in the second period of an eventual 6-3 Vegas victory.

Sjsharks5

Jan 3, 2019
Except he didn't hit only head. If you watched the game you would have seen the other angles that show it was mainly body. The one video posted is absolutely the worst angle and is the only one that makes it look dirty.
The posted video shows two different angles. I have yet to see a 3rd angle, maybe that’s the one that shows body contact. The two angles posted in this thread look like obvious head contact.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
1 game which is fair, gets jumbo on the list so maybe he can't get away with it next time, i'm alright with that

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
so what why should the playoffs matter? call it even and we wont see this as much.
Because playoff games are more important? One playoff game is probably the equivalent to 3 regular season games (at least).

Really not difficult to figure that out.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
1 game is about what I expected. But if the NHL really cared about protecting players' brains, this would've been longer.

Thornton doesn't even attempt to make body contact there. Just takes a free pop at his head.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Way worse, DOPS is a joke

Are you f***ing kidding? Kadri ran at Debrusk and cross checked him in the face like a f***ing baby. Also has been suspended every year for head contact since we all can remember. f*** off with your blue glasses and worry about not getting stomped by the Bruins again.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Reaves: "I’ve got a buddy with a grandpa who’s going through the same thing. He can’t see very well because he’s getting old. Needs glasses. If he gets suspended he’s going to have a hard time seeing from the press box."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad