Confirmed with Link: Joe Colborne (see post #75)

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Since this guy:

tj_brodie_calgary_120411.jpg

Fixed.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
since when is a 4th round pick supposed to be a difference maker?

It's not, it's a project pick.
Not only do fourth rounders have tiny percentiles to ever see the NHL... a trade for a 6'5'' center, former first rounder, still years away from his prime; who currently could hold down a 3rd line role using a forth rounder is golden.

It's insane every analyst that matters gave Flames props on this pickup; yet HF'er still think draft picks are worth more than gold currently (even fourth rounders).

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hey, amazing pick up by calgary. Joe Colborne has flashes of brilliances.

How has he been so far? I was a fan of his back in TO.

First few games where meh but mostly due to being forced into the lineup after Stajan was hurt and not being 100% with the system. The last 2 games have been great he is using his body more than he ever did in TO and has gone to the dirty areas. He looks very promising hopefully he can put it together here.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Colbourne, like Galiardi, was a great pick-up. He's such a good skater for a big guy. He has a great toolbox and even if he doesn't become a top 6 player, he'll certainly become a great depth centremen.

Only thing that we've yet to see from Colbourne is point production. It will come hopefully

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
First few games where meh but mostly due to being forced into the lineup after Stajan was hurt and not being 100% with the system. The last 2 games have been great he is using his body more than he ever did in TO and has gone to the dirty areas. He looks very promising hopefully he can put it together here.

Pretty much sums up how I feel. Like I really feel he has the potential to be an elite #3C center. To get there, he needs to continue to skate well, play with an edge (and he has but a little more would be amazing), then lastly he just needs a little more confidence to connect on some of the scoring chances he's creating. If he can do all that, get better at FO's, and continue to use his nice skillset, then he's going to be a great addition to our team. All the things I mentioned I feel are attainable for him as well because you can see his game has room for lots of growth. He just needs to put it together and I really think he just needs to get over the mental barrier first then I think he can become a real force for us.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Nice to see him get a goal tonight. Seems like he's starting to get comfortable with Hartleys system.

That`s the best part about Colburne right now. He is trending upward with each passing game. He looked great last night. Laid a couple solid hits, used his size well, and potted a beauty goal.

Too early to tell, but if he current trend continues and his confidence keeps growing I think we`ll all be really happy with that trade.:)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
That`s the best part about Colburne right now. He is trending upward with each passing game. He looked great last night. Laid a couple solid hits, used his size well, and potted a beauty goal.

Too early to tell, but if he current trend continues and his confidence keeps growing I think we`ll all be really happy with that trade.:)

I've been very impressed with him, really. Dave Stickell is a good player, but I feel Colborne especially with his size is showing he's capable of more than that. If he can get his confidence going, his floor is a 3C.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
I like seeing Colborne utilised in a top-nine role like he has been lately. Seems to show that management thinks he can be as good as a second-line forward for us some day, rather than just a bottom-six defensive grinder.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Colborne doesn't really have a grinder's game from what I've seen. I think he has the potential to be one of the best #3C's in the game.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Colborne doesn't really have a grinder's game from what I've seen. I think he has the potential to be one of the best #3C's in the game.

He definitely doesn't look like much of a hitter, but he could have the potential to protect the puck well and I think he could be strong on the boards with more development (he certainly has the frame for it).

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
He definitely doesn't look like much of a hitter, but he could have the potential to protect the puck well and I think he could be strong on the boards with more development (he certainly has the frame for it).

That's what I meant when I said grinder, but I'm pretty sure he's led the Flames in hits so far.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
i watched Joe play for most of 2 seasons with the Marlies, and i love the guy. I still think there's a good chance that he can be a 50+ point player in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad