Confirmed with Link: Joe Colborne (see post #75)

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
Hey Guys,

I am just watching this Sens/Leafs game on TSN and they were talking about how if Joe doesn't make the team and they send him to the A, he also has to go through Waivers. Do we pick him up now? Or with Monahan, Knight, and others do we pass on the large bodied centre?

You can close the thread if you want too, I know this is a niche post.

Also, the Sens are using one of our 4 final goal songs as their goal song. idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
What do the Flames pick when it comes to waivers - Six or something? He'll be claimed by then so no worries.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Why is this?

He's definitely worth the gamble. If I were a last place GM filling out a roster I'd grab both he and Cundari in a heartbeat. They wouldn't be my core players but they'd be thrown into the fray and given the chance to prove their previous organizations wrong.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
No I meant why are the Flames in 6th to make a claim? Is that for every waiver?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Hey Guys,

I am just watching this Sens/Leafs game on TSN and they were talking about how if Joe doesn't make the team and they send him to the A, he also has to go through Waivers. Do we pick him up now? Or with Monahan, Knight, and others do we pass on the large bodied centre?

Also, the Sens are using one of our 4 final goal songs as their goal song. idiots.

Which one?

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary

If I understand this right for the first month of the current season the order has something to do with where the team finishes the previous season (The Flames finished 5th or 6th from the bottom). Once the season makes its way past the one month mark the order depends on current standings.

The new CBA may have changed that slightly.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If the Leafs think that he won't make the team, look for a trade.
They won't let him walk for nothing.. It'll be cheap too probably.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
If I understand this right for the first month of the current season the order has something to do with where the team finishes the previous season (The Flames finished 5th or 6th from the bottom). Once the season makes its way past the one month mark the order depends on current standings.

The new CBA may have changed that slightly.

Oh ok. Chances are they'd explore trades before putting him through waivers

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Hey Guys,

I would put in a claim and move him to the wing personally. Colborne is not a defensive stalwart and struggles on the draw quite a bit. I would definitely try him on the right side though.

Waiver priority is based on the reverse order of the standings and for the first month or so it is based on the reverse of the previous season's standings.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Maybe the Flames can cash in on Franson with a trade while snagging Colbourne off waivers :laugh:

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Colborne certainly isn't going to be a Top C in the future, but he should be a decent #2 C in a few years. He's had some torrid streaks in the AHL like at the end of last season and at the start of 2011/12. In between, he had a lingering wrist injury.

But I don't think the Leafs are deep enough at C to consider moving him, I can't see him not being at least their 4th line C or 13th F.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
He won't be on waivers as that would be poor asset management and this has been grossly over discussed on the trade and free agent board and all leads fans said he will not be on waivers. It sounds like there's a good chance he makes the team.

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Kadri - Clarkson
Raymond - Bolland - Kulemin
McLaren - McClement - Orr

Not the greatest situation for himself or the leafs really.. he will be the 12/13th forward and be forced to play on the wing from what I can see (assuming of course they sign Raymond).

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
He won't be on waivers as that would be poor asset management and this has been grossly over discussed on the trade and free agent board and all leads fans said he will not be on waivers. It sounds like there's a good chance he makes the team.

If he does it will be on the 4th line and I bet they look to move him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad