Post-Game Talk: ECQF GAME 6 - TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT - THANK YOU JACK EDWARDS - Series tied 3-3

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
The excuses for Pasta looking like dog shit all series is laughable, He floats around like his teammates owe him something.

Take over a game JUST ONCE 5 on 5 not look like you are playing in a preseason game.

He's been the worst player on the ice in a Bruin uniform, not what you want from a guy making 11.5 million for the next thousand years
He's just not built for the playoffs and as talented as he is, his playoff performances are volatile for it. Pasta is a career playoff point per game player but 45% of those points come on the powerplay. Of the top wingers in the league who have played 50+ playoff games, only Panarin has a higher share of his points come on the man advantage.

He's got 9 points in 13 playoff games since he stopped being strapped to the same line as Bergeron and Marchand and only 5 at even strength. That's not good enough for a back to back 110+ point regular season player who has an 11.25 cap hit until 2031. He's not the only one not built for the playoffs but he's the most expensive, is supposed to be the teams best player and one of the most skilled in the entire league.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I did not expect this Boston Bruins team to go far into the playoffs but I expected them to beat the Maple Leafs. Then when Matthews went down for them there was no doubt in my mind that we would advance to the next series. Now I am not so sure we will win game 7 at home.
It is hard for me to believe what I am seeing with my own eyes.

It is time for heads to roll in Boston regardless of the outcome. Remember losing game 7 in Boston last season with the talent we had then? Heads should have rolled then. Here we are with Montgomery, Sweeney and Neely at the same place again. How long do we have to put up with this ?

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
I am 95% unable to travel because of a handicap however if the above were to happen I will be there for this. Please give me as much advanced notice as possible, I need all the time I can have to get from NJ to the Boston Common. I hope they have a handicap section for viewing.

You would still beat Maroon there!

He's just not built for the playoffs and as talented as he is, his playoff performances are volatile for it. Pasta is a career playoff point per game player but 45% of those points come on the powerplay. Of the top wingers in the league who have played 50+ playoff games, only Panarin has a higher share of his points come on the man advantage.

He's got 9 points in 13 playoff games since he stopped being strapped to the same line as Bergeron and Marchand and only 5 at even strength. That's not good enough for a back to back 110+ point regular season player who has an 11.25 cap hit until 2031. He's not the only one not built for the playoffs but he's the most expensive, is supposed to be the teams best player and one of the most skilled in the entire league.

Alternatively he is, and never will be McDavid who can drive all areas of offense.

Pastrnak cannot pass himself the puck for one timers. When is the last time we saw the Bruins able to set up one of those?

Pastrnak carries the puck, passes the puck, shoots the puck, forechecks, hits.

It is getting outrageous how quick fans are turning on him when in reality he is just as alone as Swayman is, but at least Swayman has team defense support.

Reactions: lopey

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Alternatively he is, and never will be McDavid who can drive all areas of offense.

Pastrnak cannot pass himself the puck for one timers. When is the last time we saw the Bruins able to set up one of those?

It is getting outrageous how quick fans are turning on him when in reality he is just as alone as Swayman is, but at least Swayman has team defense support.
That is funny and sad at the same time. Who picked up Maroon as an assist for this team to advance in the playoffs? I guess Sweeney and Neely didn't expect much from this team so they got Maroon to help.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
It sucks to say but this team really needs one bottom 5 finish season to grab the best high end Center prospect available at hopefully a top 3 pick. There are a few big names but not many on centers becoming available in the coming season in free agency so better to do it through drafting.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
They are also forechecking similarly to how the Panthers forwards did last year too. The adjustment Keefe made was to have the second forward forecheck the forward receiving the pass from the Bruins' defenseman which is hemming the Bruins in their own zone. The frustrating thing is Monty hasn't made the adjustment.
Monty is lost in his own mind. He thinks calling out the players in the lockerroom and the boys all yelling "YAAAAAAAAA" is coaching. It is, in high school. Celine Dion reading the players starting lineup was puke inducing IMO. Just a joke of a coach way in over his head, NOT that the players have more than 4 testicles among them on the whole of the team. This summer someone will get married and we'll see pictures of the manbun wearing fella's dancing with each other and drinking $2000 bottles of Champagne and it'll give some of us woody's. It makes me cringe.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Yep it’s as bad as it looks….. but is it the players or the coaching? I’m not smart enough to place the blame, but it’s gotta be more one than the other, good coaches get maximum reward from minimal pieces, bad coaches can ruin a decent roster.
I read your stuff and you are plenty "smart enough" my friend.

Step One: Fire Monty.
Fixed it for you.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The excuses for Pasta looking like dog shit all series is laughable, He floats around like his teammates owe him something.

Take over a game JUST ONCE 5 on 5 not look like you are playing in a preseason game.

He's been the worst player on the ice in a Bruin uniform, not what you want from a guy making 11.5 million for the next thousand years
His blind passes that lead to break-aways etc are legendary though lol. I've never seen a player with his ability to score be so bad at protecting the puck and then dishing it to the other team, like him.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
They are also forechecking similarly to how the Panthers forwards did last year too. The adjustment Keefe made was to have the second forward forecheck the forward receiving the pass from the Bruins' defenseman which is hemming the Bruins in their own zone. The frustrating thing is Monty hasn't made the adjustment.
Monty is not a good playoff coach. The only good adjustments he's made the last two playoffs series is tuck in his shirt and pull up his socks

..he has one more last chance to redeem himself, but instead decides to not have a practice today....WTF

With that said, I'm still hoping for the best on Saturday, but I'd be totally shocked if they pull it off .....unless some of their star players decide to show up and have a big game

I'm not holding my breath, but will be watching with one eye open and the volume close to zero

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Monty is not a good playoff coach. The only good adjustments he's made the last two playoffs series is tuck in his shirt and pull up his socks

..he has one more last chance to redeem himself, but instead decides to not have a practice today....WTF

With that said, I'm still hoping for the best on Saturday, but I'd be totally shocked if they pull it off .....unless some of their star players decide to show up and have a big game

I'm not holding my breath, but will be watching with one eye open and the volume close to zero
Hey but there going to have their morning skate tomorrow at TD Gardens that should definitely change the momentum.lol

• Haha
Reactions: bobbyorr04

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I always get a kick out of "the guys he plays with suck" argument.

So how did Pasta score 110 points in the regular season? Did the Bruins trade someone away that played with Pasta all season?

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020

I don't need him to be McDavid, but can Pasta at least be 80% of what he is in the regular season?

I started turning a little when i had to watch Tkachuk dog walk the Bruins last season while Pasta had 2 points at even strength and he's not done anything to make me reconsider this series. Pastrnak has 8 points in his last 20 playoff games in 5 v 5 play. That's not good enough for a guy who hasn't been far off a point per game at even strength the last two regular seasons. All different kinds of players on his line the last three seasons but the same problems come playoff time when the physicality ramps up. Brandon Carlo has the same amount of even strength points as Pasta in the last two playoffs, Taylor Hall has 2 more.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Having slept off the initial wave of anger, I still feel doom and gloom.

Last year was a worse loss in the objective sense - that team should've won a cup and their coach got in the way. If they got by Florida, they're easily in the finals and I think they beat Vegas if healthy. This team is getting tombstoned by Florida even if they win Saturday.

This year though leaves me feeling completely different, and in some senses it's more despicable. Last year had a lot of copes - Bergeron/Krejci hurt, flu bug, Ullmark's injury, and Monty being Monty. All of that swung the other way this year. Nylander is playing hurt, Matthews out for the series, Leafs on a backup goalie. And we can't take advantage?

The prevailing mood from Saturday to Tuesday was how after last year's experience, we knew there was no way they were going to let it happen again. But they f***ing did. I can't believe this group did it f***ing again.

They're mentally weak, taking after their coach, and with a leadership vacuum on the bench. Marchand is not inspiring them, but I'm most disappointed in McAvoy, who turns into a pumpkin every April and May. Lindholm also looks rudderless. They miss Chara's stability and leadership greatly.

A stronger coach than Monty would still have this team up and ready to play. If Chara and Lucic were in the room, the boys would be going to war despite the coach. I think it's not impossible that this season went off the rails a round or two earlier than it otherwise would've because Lucic had one beer too many at Thanksgiving.

I still trust Sweeney somehow, he seems to do the best he can with the limited resources he has, but Monty and Neely have to go.
I think MacAvoy is trying to do too much. He’s far from a pumpkin. He’s probably sick of hitting the opposing players and nobody else does. He hasn’t had a good playoffs. I think he and they, need to decide what type of D he is. He’s not a PP guy, but he also isn’t a stay at home guy. Once this is rectified, he’ll be better off.

Reactions: BBruins and Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
As far as Pasta, he’s struggling, no doubt. Same thing is happening to him as all stars, they get targeted. The problem is that he has to defend himself. Nobody else is sticking up for him. You see it happening. It’s not from lake of trying. It’s throwing him off his game. Zacha is solely trying to set him up too much at the expense of his offense. He does need to bring it up a notch. When you get the $$$$, you must produce.

Would be nice if their stars got the same treatment, but all we see is a curl or a love tap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad