Confirmed with Link: Joël Bouchard Named Laval Rocket Head Coach (Confirmed: Daniel Jacob Named Assistant Coach)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
At the 11th hour, if Mascherin hasn't signed, make a last ditch effort involving McCarron. If Mascherin signs, add something. If he doesn't, we forego McCarron.

Mascherin is the Panthers prospect who advised them he doesn't want to sign with them, right?

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
Mascherin is the Panthers prospect who advised them he doesn't want to sign with them, right?
He's small like gallager with a little more offence. Panthers don't have a good young goalie in the system. trade facale and mcarron for him. some may say facale sucks but he has a history of winning championships.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
He's small like gallager with a little more offence. Panthers don't have a good young goalie in the system. trade facale and mcarron for him. some may say facale sucks but he has a history of winning championships.

They acquire Fucale they still don't have a good goalie in their system when it comes to prospects if that statement is true in the first place.

Any info on him ?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
At the 11th hour, if Mascherin hasn't signed, make a last ditch effort involving McCarron. If Mascherin signs, add something. If he doesn't, we forego McCarron.

Totally agree. Build a little something involving McCarron to get Mascherin.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
The team is going to suck for several more years and Alzner is great for the tank. We should take advantage of the unfortunate position we are in and embrace the tank and rebuild.
Perhaps, but we're not going to take advantage of it because we are not rebuilding. We have never tried rebuilding and we never will so we all need to stop using the "R" word because it's never going to happen. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just that it won't. The Habs will never admit that the situation is so bad that a rebuild is required. They just had an off-year, like that time the Yankees missed the post-season. Nothing to worry about.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I'd be surprised if Bouchard or anyone else can save McCarron at this point. If the Habs can convert him for anything, ship him out.

for me hockey is so much mental that I don't expect Bouchard to be able to do much for kids that have spent a good bit of time with Lefebvre. McCarron will need to figure this out on this on, get his conditioning up, improve his lower body strength, work on getting quicker, figure out his role meaning what is he? He's got size, he's good in his own end, he's good at screening the goalie. His role is likely as a 4th liner so he's going to need to bring energy but be smart and not just try to take on players.

If he can get quicker, play a good physical game, play a good defensive game, chip in some offense with those garbage type goals around the net and cause goalies fits by screening those Weber point shots.

The Habs likely suck next year, so why not see what guys like McCarron, DLR, Carr, can do. Get another top 3/5 pick next year, and the following.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Perhaps, but we're not going to take advantage of it because we are not rebuilding. We have never tried rebuilding and we never will so we all need to stop using the "R" word because it's never going to happen. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just that it won't. The Habs will never admit that the situation is so bad that a rebuild is required. They just had an off-year, like that time the Yankees missed the post-season. Nothing to worry about.

they will rebuild by default meaning they have MB/Molson making hockey decisions that likely won't work. Their only hope is Price returning to his sub 2 gaa days and even then they don't have a blueline that can move the puck and they have terrible center depth even after they overpay for Paul Stastny. So it's going to be very tough for them to win, then we are likely looking at a lockout for the following season so maybe cheap ass Molson will finally fire MB and get a GM that knows you have to rebuild cause your blueline sucks, your center depth sucks, and your farm system lacks high end talent.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

There will be even less incentive for teams to rebuild based on what Vegas has done.

Granted, they were given a lot of tools and their management did a bang-up job, however they also took advantage of the largesse of their competitors, including their negligence and incompetence in wrongly assessing the assets they left unprotected or paid an extra price for Vegas to select.

Michael Farber was making this very point yesterday -- no one is going to be interested in a long-term rebuild anymore -- Vegas has not only exposed the shortcomings of several organizations that have more means and personnel than Vegas, but they've also driven home the idea that building needn't be a long term project.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Any info on him ?

Based on research I Google’d, he’s played junior and Canadian university hockey, and spent a year in the AHL and Austria. He’s coached as an assistant over at the Armada for the past 3 years, so obviously has worked with Bouchard. Pretty young coach (37). Played as a defenceman so my guess he’ll help more with defensive prospects.

He’s been part of the coaching staff for Hockey Canada and he has a university degree. Not hockey related, but I always am impressed when players have a degree in higher education.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Look at his face man, he retains water like a sponge.......that’s from probably eating lots of processed food, high sodium foods and also from eating refined carbs like refined sugars, flour, twinkies.....essentially stop eating junk.

Water is around 10lbs per gallon (Imp), it’s heavy, looking at him I’d guess he’s holding close to about 1/2 a gallon.....maybe a little more

He’s a professional athlete, he needs to clean up his intake. Will this make him Bobby Orr....no......but it gives him a chance to be better than what he is right now, and we all can agree that he needs to be better in any capacity.
Sorry man, that's not how it works. And if he's eating refined sugars, flour, twinkies and junk, it's excess fat he has going for him, not water.
Furthermore, those guys are doing a massive amount of exercise pretty much on a daily. Not sure exactly how much water one sheds per game, but for Alzner to have so much water retention for you, someone who has never seen him in person, to notice, he'd have to be retaining so much of it. Really doesn't make much sense.

I think it's a bit silly to look at a professional athlete's face and say "omg...outta shape". You really don't have an idea.
Phil Kessel always looks pudgy. He still flies on the ice, and performs even better in the POs.

The problem with Alzer has nothing to do with his physical condition. He was never a fast, mobile, smart Dman. He was your classic shutdown D. Those guys are no longer needed in this league. A few here and there that can be useful, otherwise, they constantly get exposed and need to be carried.
So if his partner is Petry, and they're facing top opponents, no level of fitness will improve his game.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There will be even less incentive for teams to rebuild based on what Vegas has done.

Granted, they were given a lot of tools and their management did a bang-up job, however they also took advantage of the largesse of their competitors, including their negligence and incompetence in wrongly assessing the assets they left unprotected or paid an extra price for Vegas to select.

Michael Farber was making this very point yesterday -- no one is going to be interested in a long-term rebuild anymore -- Vegas has not only exposed the shortcomings of several organizations that have more means and personnel than Vegas, but they've also driven home the idea that building needn't be a long term project.
It really shouldn't...

Reactions: Runner77

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Vegas isn't something that can be replicated and I wouldn't be the person trying to replicate it either as it is an exercise in sustainability.. Cinderella teams in the past don't make long term contenders. They have a run and that's it. If Vegas repeats this next year, then maybe we can talk about the viability of the model.

But also, you don't normally get a chance to start from scratch and pick from an available pool of players.

It's like this.. Therrien has a style, system and a like for specific players, so the GM and Coach work together on all phases to create a team that fits that image. Therrien is fired because he sucks and his image is flawed. Julien comes in, similar coach, but there's differences.. now the roster needs to change as does the philosophy of the players they try to acquire for the system. It's flawed and we suck.

You can't just buy out every player, have 0 dollars on the cap and pick and choose people. Vegas got their coach, their coach is great and his philosophy is to play fast, with the puck and let your guys have freedom offensively. This works with the new rules and we know this. There isn't a player on the Vegas roster that wasn't specifically picked for the purpose of playing in that system.

If a NHL team tries to be reactive in their thinking based on the exceptional story of ONE expansion team of the 25 that have come into the league, they can do so at their own peril.

You want to be successful?
Put great people in place.
Get the right players.
Ensure that your vision for success is something that is viable in the climate of the NHL.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Sorry man, that's not how it works. And if he's eating refined sugars, flour, twinkies and junk, it's excess fat he has going for him, not water.
Furthermore, those guys are doing a massive amount of exercise pretty much on a daily. Not sure exactly how much water one sheds per game, but for Alzner to have so much water retention for you, someone who has never seen him in person, to notice, he'd have to be retaining so much of it. Really doesn't make much sense.

I think it's a bit silly to look at a professional athlete's face and say "omg...outta shape". You really don't have an idea.
Phil Kessel always looks pudgy. He still flies on the ice, and performs even better in the POs.

The problem with Alzer has nothing to do with his physical condition. He was never a fast, mobile, smart Dman. He was your classic shutdown D. Those guys are no longer needed in this league. A few here and there that can be useful, otherwise, they constantly get exposed and need to be carried.
So if his partner is Petry, and they're facing top opponents, no level of fitness will improve his game.
Yes, that's how it works......excess sodium or refined carbs makes your body retain water, that's fact. I've yet to come across any article that states excess sodium which is found in canned foods, boxed foods, TV dinners make your body repel water. I actually feel it myself, when I'm on the road a lot and I don't always have access to proper food that I want, I eat out or eat junk, I feel the affects and gain a few pounds, mainly water retention due to the high sodium content of the food. I get back home, eat the normal food and WHAMMO, back to my normal weight, I can see it and feel it. I don't know where you are getting your info, I'd like to see this.

Phil Kessel seems to me like a medical condition. And last time I checked he's fast.....Alzner is slow, it is feasible that it's because of his excess weight. I'm not saying it's the one and only solution to make him better but it sure is a start.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
They acquire Fucale they still don't have a good goalie in their system when it comes to prospects if that statement is true in the first place.

Any info on him ?
Played for McGill University as a defenceman and has been an assistant coach under Bouchard at Blainville-Boisbraind the last 4 years.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Youth, Speed are what Vegas has done......kudos to their GM...

Giacomo

Sep 26, 2017
for me hockey is so much mental that I don't expect Bouchard to be able to do much for kids that have spent a good bit of time with Lefebvre. McCarron will need to figure this out on this on, get his conditioning up, improve his lower body strength, work on getting quicker, figure out his role meaning what is he? He's got size, he's good in his own end, he's good at screening the goalie. His role is likely as a 4th liner so he's going to need to bring energy but be smart and not just try to take on players.

If he can get quicker, play a good physical game, play a good defensive game, chip in some offense with those garbage type goals around the net and cause goalies fits by screening those Weber point shots.

The Habs likely suck next year, so why not see what guys like McCarron, DLR, Carr, can do. Get another top 3/5 pick next year, and the following.
i would keep DLR. I think he will have a good year if he gets more ice time with skilled players may even be better than Danault if given a chance

Reactions: ChoseLa

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
they will rebuild by default meaning they have MB/Molson making hockey decisions that likely won't work. Their only hope is Price returning to his sub 2 gaa days and even then they don't have a blueline that can move the puck and they have terrible center depth even after they overpay for Paul Stastny. So it's going to be very tough for them to win, then we are likely looking at a lockout for the following season so maybe cheap ass Molson will finally fire MB and get a GM that knows you have to rebuild cause your blueline sucks, your center depth sucks, and your farm system lacks high end talent.
Any candidate for the GM position who tries to get the job by putting forth a plan which includes an actual, protracted and measured rebuilding process isn't getting the job. The fact that he may be completely correct in his assessment and in his preferred method to address the problem won't enter into it. The Habs do not "rebuild". They don't even admit that rebuilding might be a solution. They refuse to even consider it.

If you're a Habs fan you have to accept the fact that your team is hampered by certain absolutes which other teams will never have to deal with: francophone head coach, francophone GM, and rigid adherence to "the way things have always been done here" as a corporate mentality which includes never going the rebuild route.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
+ hard working players with no superstar ego.
Those are the kinds of players that the Habs love: quiet, respectful, workmanlike. For the most part, that's what they have left (at least now that they've gotten rid of "troublemakers" and "squeaky wheels" like Subban) Now all they have to do is find some players who actually have some talent because they got rid of those guys too.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad