Confirmed with Link: Joël Bouchard Named Laval Rocket Head Coach (Confirmed: Daniel Jacob Named Assistant Coach)

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
yassssssss.

Surprised there isn't more to this ie: Laval GM. But, I'll take him in any capacity at this point.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Great news for Bouchard...but Carrière stays? lol

But Bouchard is where he should be. Head coach in a development capacity. That,s perfect.

So I guess with father Carrière staying, it means son Carrière will too? I hope Bouchard has carte blanche for his bench.

Reactions: Redux91

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

But Bouchard is where he should be. Head coach in a development capacity. That,s perfect.

I know Carrière still around is disappointing. However, he's no long GM. Which to me pretty much says Bouchard will have more control than just your typical AHL coach.

But the fact Habs got both Ducharme and Bouchard is huge plus for this organization.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

So I guess with father Carrière staying, it means son Carrière will too? I hope Bouchard has carte blanche for his bench.

Carriers stay but not as GM of the Rocket

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
A bit surprised he's not coming on as AGM to Bergevin. Would imagine the coaching pipeline is full now...

Great signing. It'll be nice to the kids actually developed now. Hope he can pull a Boucher.

Reactions: DAChampion

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Good news ! Ironically I was just listening to the Atheltic podcast this morning and they were talking about this.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Knew it was coming fast. Had to. But why coach in Laval and not GM there? Does that mean that Bergevin recuperates the title? Who's GM? And what the hell is Director of Player Personel for an AHL team???

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
A bit surprised he's not coming on as AGM to Bergevin. Would imagine the coaching pipeline is full now...

Great signing. It'll be nice to the kids actually developed now. Hope he can pull a Boucher.
I effing hope not. I'd like him here for more than one season.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Knew it was coming fast. Had to. But why coach in Laval and not GM there? Does that mean that Bergevin recuperates the title? Who's GM? And what the hell is Director of Player Personel for an AHL team???
In hockey they don't give you gold watches when they put you out to pasture, they give you meaningless and powerless titles.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Yeah, I love the move but am a bit confused by the Carriere bit. So he's no longer GM but they didn't name a new one? Are they inferring Bouchard will have more of that role as well? Inferring is never the best form of communication.

Oshawa General

Jul 18, 2005
Аrpon Basu‏Verified account @ArponBasu 6m6 minutes ago
The Canadiens also announced Larry Carrière will be director of player personnel for the Rocket but they will not be naming a general manager. Carrière was the general manager before. Bergevin says in the release they are "extremely satisfied" with Carrière's work.

Positive move bringing in Bouchard, but wow, the expectations of this organization are so pathetic, 6 years, one brief playoff appearance, no prospects, dead last this year, and the boss is "extremely satisfied" with Carrière's work.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Kind of sad that Bouchard doesn't become the Assistant GM but glad he is in the organisation.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad