Confirmed with Link: Joël Bouchard Named Laval Rocket Head Coach (Confirmed: Daniel Jacob Named Assistant Coach)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Yeah, I love the move but am a bit confused by the Carriere bit. So he's no longer GM but they didn't name a new one? Are they inferring Bouchard will have more of that role as well? Inferring is never the best form of communication.

This is what I think. I think they'll give Bouchard a bigger role than just Head Coach. It just won't be in the title. Carrière sticks around, but he's no longer GM.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
As far as the informations i have, i really don't see Zadina being drafted by the Habs now with Bouchard Bergevin and Julien mentality.

Welcome aboard Joel. Great aquisition!

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
As far as the informations i have, i really don't see Zadina being drafted by the Habs now with Bouchard Bergevin and Julien mentality.

Welcome aboard Joel. Great aquisition!

With Pacioretty most likely being traded, they will need someone to score goals
Zadina will be a Montreal Canadiens, well unless Carolina drafts him at #2 or a traded pick.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Аrpon Basu‏Verified account @ArponBasu 6m6 minutes ago
The Canadiens also announced Larry Carrière will be director of player personnel for the Rocket but they will not be naming a general manager. Carrière was the general manager before. Bergevin says in the release they are "extremely satisfied" with Carrière's work.

Positive move bringing in Bouchard, but wow, the expectations of this organization are so pathetic, 6 years, one brief playoff appearance, no prospects, dead last this year, and the boss is "extremely satisfied" with Carrière's work.

At the same time, Carriere said about the same thing of Lefebvre, couple of weeks before he was fired. Just some PR bullshit again.

I can't believe this. It's what a string of 5 excellent moves from The Idiot. I am anxiously hoping the other shoe doesn't fall. (Yes I know mixed metaphors. Screw it, I'm feeling good with this signing).

I don't know, gut feeling, but I just can't believe these moves comes from Bergevin alone... I really believe Molson finally acts like a President should, and he's the one behind this turnaround.

Honestly, why would Bergevin hire a potential threat to his job, while he had a team full of yesmen buddies with no NHL potential whatsoever at the end of the season ?

I really think Molson isn't as dumb as he's made to be around here, OR he finally understood his role... (about f***ing time)

Oshawa General

Jul 18, 2005
At the same time, Carriere said about the same thing of Lefebvre, couple of weeks before he was fired. Just some PR bull**** again.

I don't know, gut feeling, but I just can't believe these moves comes from Bergevin alone... I really believe Molson finally acts like a President should, and he's the one behind this turnaround.

Honestly, why would Bergevin hire a potential threat to his job, while he had a team full of yesmen buddies with no NHL potential whatsoever at the end of the season ?

I really think Molson isn't as dumb as he's made to be around here, OR he finally understood his role... (about ****ing time)

Agree, these moves required some insight into the future and intelligence, so that takes MB out of the picture

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Great news that they hired Bouchard, but this is the second straight year that Carriere has gotten a clear demotion without being let go. Which is really strange to see.

I'm also really curious as to why Montreal doesn't have a GM for Laval and who will actually hold those duties. Virtually all well run farm teams (in terms of development and player acquisition) have an AGM from the parent club managing the farm team (Dubas, Brisebois, Heisinger, etc.).

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Great news that they hired Bouchard, but this is the second straight year that Carriere has gotten a clear demotion without being let go. Which is really strange to see.

I'm also really curious as to why Montreal doesn't have a GM for Laval and who will actually hold those duties. Virtually all well run farm teams (in terms of development and player acquisition) have an AGM from the parent club managing the farm team (Dubas, Brisebois, Heisinger, etc.).

the GM of Laval is Bouchard

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

We'll know more at the press conference. I suspect Bergevin is taking back the reigns. Before naming Carrière there, he was in charge of the club if I'm not mistaken.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
We'll know more at the press conference. I suspect Bergevin is taking back the reigns. Before naming Carrière there, he was in charge of the club if I'm not mistaken.

That would be a little disappointing if that's how it plays out. The farm probably needs more attention than any GM should have the time to give.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad