Jimmy Vesey discussion continues ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
True forgot he played lw and not both wings. It will be a battle between many talented guys to see who gets spots on the team. Kadri, Willy, Matthews, Komo, Bozak, martin and Jvr are guaranteed spots. I want brown, leivo, marner, sosh, hyman to get time but also want rychel and vesey(if we get him) on the roster. And that's not counting greening, mickalek, laich,

Yeah, it is getting crowded with young talent on our wings. Nice problem to have. ;)
Lets not forget Kapanen either. He might make the team out of camp.

Last edited:

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Yeah, it is getting crowded with young talent on our wings. Nice problem to have. ;)
Lets not forget Kapanen either. He might make the team out of camp.

While I would love to see kappy on the team and think he coils take the next step and male the team just due to the numbers game and the fact that he's only going to be 20-21 for next season and isn't waiver eligible will eliminate any chance of him making the roster. I mean he has a chance to go and dominate the ahl and prove him self before being called up. He is a prospect I see us sending down even if he wows at camp.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Totally overhyped. Who does this punk think he is?

He's only an over hyped punk if he doesn't sign with us. If he decides to come to the Leafs he'll be a blue chipper.

The kid/agent is putting on a good show,hard to imagine he doesn't already know where he wants to go.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Why are people annoyed with vesey and calling him names? He'd be signed long ago if it wasn't for this dumb rule.

It's okay for adults to weigh their options, we all do it...

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
He has to sign an elc, all the contract offers will probably be identical.

The organizations' pitches will not be identical.

Even 3-4 days is NOT a lot of time. That's 2-3 days to interview, and then one night to sleep on it and talk it over with your family and agent if there's not an obvious winner.

Why do I get the sense that a lot of people here and on the main board have never weighed multiple job offers before. :laugh:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Why are people annoyed with vesey and calling him names? He'd be signed long ago if it wasn't for this dumb rule.

It's okay for adults to weigh their options, we all do it...

He also gave up multiple years of not signing an NHL contract, giving up several million dollars in the process to finish his commitment to his college team.

Sounds like a dedicated guy to me.

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Vesey and his agent already know all they need to about the cities, the teams, their prospects, their staff etc....really the only thing left is their intentions with him. ie is there a guaranteed spot? Who he would be playing with? etc.
Should be relatively quick conversations to hear those and see if it fits his wants.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
The organizations' pitches will not be identical.

Even 3-4 days is NOT a lot of time. That's 2-3 days to interview, and then one night to sleep on it and talk it over with your family and agent if there's not an obvious winner.

Why do I get the sense that a lot of people here and on the main board have never weighed multiple job offers before. :laugh:

I agree the pitches may differ but the post I responded too was about the actual contract.

And as TML Dynasty has posted, Vesey and his agent already know the different organizations strengths and weaknesses , they're not going in to this blind and I'm sure they have a short list of where he may fit best and have the best opportunity.

Also, at the end of the day the kid still has to know he has to perform to keep his spot regardless of what the team's may be pitching.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
In fairness it's also his agent doing damage control to ensure that the media isn't hounding for an answer first thing tomorrow. I do believe he'll sign with a team sooner than Friday, and it wouldn't be surprising to know by tomorrow afternoon.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Can't make it seem like he's already decided when he is just eligible to sign with a team as a free agent. The Leaf Haters would lose their minds if he signed at 12:01.

See ya soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad